Your viewing journal

Darling in the FranXX - Episode 14

After a bit of a turbulent ride DitF's story is getting really interesting, and this is a turning point in the story I think.

Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory - Episode 1

Picks up where it left off, welcome back old friend.

Any good? Surprisingly I haven't seen it yet.

If you like the live action series i'd recommend it, although i've found the episodes where they remake episodes from the series in animated format quite lacking as it's half the runtime, the anime original episodes are much better. It's just a shame out of 22 episodes only 10 are original to the anime.

If you like the live action series i'd recommend it, although i've found the episodes where they remake episodes from the series in animated format quite lacking as it's half the runtime, the anime original episodes are much better. It's just a shame out of 22 episodes only 10 are original to the anime.
I absolutely love the live action it's the only live action TV show I've never dropped.

Had no idea they remade episodes. Interesting.

Ancient Magus Bride (Dub) Episode 24 (Complete)

Dagashi Kashi 2 (Dub) Episode 12 (Complete)

3D Kanojo: Real Girl (Sub) Episode 3

High School DxD Hero (Sub) Episode 1 (UNCENSORED)

Love to Lie Angle (Sub) Episode 3

2 more from the Manga Force Collection. Including the worst rated of the lot on MAL:

Psychic Wars
The plot, whilst nonsensical, has some interesting ideas. The show seemed to be missing scenes in between various events and it had a terrible dub by the male MC VA. The character also gets way too powerful too quickly. The twist was fairly interesting, but just poorly handled. I thought that the female MC would turn out to be the old lady from the start at one point, but she was the ultimate big bad. Which leaves the question did she know he was going to be the chosen one? And if so why not kill him before getting involved? I think if remade it could be quite cool, but would need a hell of a rewrite and a longer run time. 4/10

DSC_1457.JPG

Vampire Wars
A better put together story with each scene actually following the previous one. It probably could have been done a bit better, for example it would have been interesting if the other alien race had come to Earth as well and there was a bit more of a threat to the heroine. Talking of it was a bit weird after setting Koki up as a womaniser that he professed his love for her after barely getting to know her (unless it was her blood controlling him). The dub was also better although probably a bit OTT with some outrageous French accents and very inventive swearing. Again a bit of work and this interesting idea could make a good series. 5/10

_20180417_195748.JPG

Guide to the whether it's a 1st time watch or re-watch: (r) = Re-watch; (x) = First time; (w) = Watched in the last year; (?) = Honestly can't remember!; (na) = Not anime.

Afro Samurai Directors Cut (r)
Afro Samurai Resurrection (?)
Akira (w) Don't own the MF Collection version
Appleseed (r)
Armageddon (x)
Astroboy: Greatest Astro Adventures (x)
Baldr Force Exe (x)
Blood: The Last Vampire (r)
Black Blood Brothers (x)
Black Jack (x)
Bubblegum Crash (x)
Casshan: Robot Hunter (x)
Danté's Inferno (na)
Dead Leaves (x)
Dead Space: Downfall (na)
Ghost in the Shell (w)
GitS: Innocence (w)
GitS SAC: Laughing Man (x)
GitS SAC: Individual Eleven (x)
GitS SAC: Solid State Society (r)
Golgo 13: The Professional (r)
Heat Guy J (r)
Hellsing Ultimate Vols 1-4 (x)
Highlander: The Search for Vengeance (r)
Ichi (na)
Jyu-Oh-Sei (x)
Kai Doh Maru (r)
Karas: The Prophecy/Revelation (x)
Lupin the III: The Secret of Mamo (x)
Macross Plus (r)
Macross Plus the Movie (x)
Millennium Actress (r)
Naruto the Movie: 1 & 2 (x)
Negima!? Spring & Summer OVAs (x)
Neon Genesis Evangelion Death & Rebirth (r)
NGE End of Evangelion (r)
Ninja Scroll (r)
Noein: To Your Other Self (x)
Orguss 2 (x)
Origin: Spirits of the Past (r)
Otogi Zoshi (r)
Perfect Blue (w)
Psychic Wars (x)
Read or Die (r)
She: The Ultimate Weapon (r)
Shigurui: Death Frenzy (x)
Space Adventure Cobra (x)
Strait Jacket (x)
Street Fighter: Alpha (x)
Street Fighter: Alpha Generations (x)
Street Fighter: II (x)
Submarine 707 Revolution (x)
Sword for Truth (x)
Tactics (x)
Tokko (r)
Tokyo Underground (r)
Urotsukidōji: Legend of the Overfiend (r)
Urotsukidōji: Legend of the Demon Womb (r)
Vampire Wars (x)
Virus: Virus Buster Serge (x)
X (x)

LotGH: Die Neue These ep 3
Flashback for the main duo on the imperial side. Next week it's back to the rebel side.

Tokyo Ghoul: re ep 3

Lupin III: Part 5 ep3

One of those assassins... had a trident.

Bh4rfaaCIAAJJ1M.jpg

Spiral (End)

Sigh. If this followed and continued the manga this show legit would have been great. The anime doesn't answer anything and the twists in my manga my god, such a missed opportunity here, at the very least the anime should wrapped up and gave it's own answers.

A day off well spent

Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Episode 2
Darling in the FranXX Episode 14
Megalo Box Episode 2
My Hero Academia Season 3 Episodes 1-2
Golden Kamuy Episode 2
Uma Musume Episodes 2-4 ~ This might be a surprise favourite this season
Steins;Gate 0 Episode 1
Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 3
Persona 5 the Animation Episode 2
Wotakoi Episode 1
High School DxD Hero Episode 1
Magical Girl Ore Episode 1
The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. Season 2 Episode 1

Black Clover episode 28 A breather episode based more on comedy, I do hope the next arc does something interesting, as this has been okay so far, but nothing I'd deem worthy of 51 episodes.

Tokyo Ghoul: re episode 3 This adapted a lot of chapters again but didn't feel as rushed as episode 1. However, it does still feel like this is adapting the manga but taking liberties with skipping details and scenes here and there (likely to fit the 12 episodes given.) Whilst this is a shame the anime hasn't disappointed me so far, and they've managed to nicely animate most of the scenes included so far. Side note: I wish this got 51 episodes like BC did, heck 24 for what they're aiming for would have allowed for less stuff to be removed.

Yotsuiro Biyori episode 2 Another enjoyable episode, feel that this might be the hidden gem of the season, we'll see.

Kinmoza episodes 7-12 (Complete. Another cute and quirky SoL, I seem to be watching a lot of these lately, this one had the added charm of English student studying in Japan, allowing for a plentiful amount of Engrish to entertain me. Overall a fun series, will check out the second season.) 3.5/5

Last edited:
legend of korra 5-6
tumblr_m3kmt0laEZ1qdmlfso6_r1_250.gif

It's at that point where raava suddenly had second thoughts about her choice of avatar. "Burp bending" doesn't seem like a very marketable skill.
This one serves to create a strained relationship between korra and her pro-bending pals. They work things out in the arena but it nearly costs them the quarter finals. It's totally korras fault though.

I think this was inspired by an actual terrorist attack aimed at a footie stadium
images

What makes a man turn... equal?

Fong responds to amon's threat by turning the police into pro bending security, and the episode looks a lot like the last one at the start with a heavy focus on pro bending. Korras opponents, the wolfbats, break every rule in the book and are ignored by the ref, Korra loses the championship, then some of the crowd don masks and odd electric gloves. Amon drops in, almost immediately takes the wolfbats bending away and uses the arena as a platform to spread his idealistic message, as the police and fong fight off equalists and chi blockers, amon leaves and blows up the arena. some people take pro bending results way too seriously

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 54 Basically redoing the movie but with a handful of minor animation differences. Not much to add really, it's fine but nothing special.

Made in Abyss episodes 1-13 (Complete. An impressive and stylishly visual anime with a superb score. I missed this one when it aired but saw it received a lot of praise, and I can see why, the blend of adventure and more mature and sometimes brutal situations makes for an interesting watch. I look forward to seeing what season 2 has to offer.) 4/5

Steins;Gate 0 (ep 2)
Time of Eve (complete)
Girls Last Tour (2-6)
I think I would've preferred watching this as it was simulcast. It doesn't really make me want to watch the next episode straight away.

Back