Your viewing journal

The Pet Girl of Sakurasou eps 13-18
Some funny moments and some touching moments, but still nothing spectacular. I do think the MC is inadvertently being cruel to the quiet one, I mean I know his trope is that he's oblivious to how girls around him truly feel, but it's very obvious she's experiencing a feeling she never felt before and he pretty much just ignoring it!

Caligula ep 2
More is revealed of what is going on. I was pretty sure that people were being controlled by the music, but not sure how. Seems that they're in a Matrix like world and some people have awoken to the truth and can see things others can't.

Uma Masume: Pretty Derby ep 4
Another fun episode with the girls of team Spica helping Spe-chan out after what happened last week.

Megalobox Episode 2 - There was the name drop to the Ashita no Joe
Is it a sequel or a side story. Might have to catch up if I don't need to watch anything else.

Karakai Jozu no Takagi-san (Dub) Episode 12 (Complete)

Caligula (Sub) Episode 2

Cutie Honey Universe (Sub) Episode 2

Gegege no Kitarou 2018 (Sub) Episode 3

Juushinki Pandora (Sub) Episode 1 - 2

Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (Sub) Episode 4

Is it a sequel or a side story. Might have to catch up if I don't need to watch anything else.

It's more of a spiritual successor than anything else. Taking from what was, and making it something different, but keeping to the same ideas as before. Boxing with augmentation in a semi-futuristic setting.

Food Wars! The Third Plate 2nd Cour episode 14 Gotta get that training in. Also the levels of corruption here are and seeing each obstacle be overcome by Soma and co is always fun.

Uma Musume: Pretty Derby! episode 4 Gotta get that training in part two. Oh and Montage, even Uma Musume had a montage.

Karneval episodes 10-13 (Complete. A series with some interesting ideas that just feels a bit cluttered and underdeveloped in places. It's as if the pieces are there but they aren't quite put together in the best way. I did like some of what it had to offer, but it wasn't enough to classify this as a "good" rated anime. Overall it was fine, maybe worth a rewatch somewhere down the line.) 3/5

Kill me Baby! episodes 1-10

Last edited:
My mother came to visit today for her usual Sunday anime viewing session in my theater. We finished the First Season of Tales of Zestiria the X, eps 7-12, and then since I don't have Season 2 yet, we started watching Kuromukuro, Eps 1-3. She really enjoyed Zestiria, and she said she is loving Kuromukuro so far... These were the first two anime Blu-rays I've played in my new Oppo UDP-203 which I picked up immediately after the company announced it is soon closing up shop.

My Hero Academia - Episode 40 - I really dig the Pussycats already, hope they are in this season for a while. So happy this show is back tbh (less happy Mineta is back, annoying lil twit, hope they kill him off at somepoint).

Persona5 - Episode 2 - Enjoyed this a lot more than last weeks, even if it looked a little janky at times. They are moving along at a fair pace too.

Megalo Box - Episode 2 - Obviously it's early days but I freaking love this show thus far, everything about it is just totally my jam.
Oh god yes re:Mineta. His type of character feels so out of place in a show like this.

DARLING in the FRANXX eps 13+14
Episode 13 had me in tears again. How does this show do it?

Unlike...

Re-Kan! eps 1–3
Ah. This is kinda lame, isn't it?

Garo: Crimson Moon ep 9

My Hero Academia Season 3 eps 1-2 - Recap episode was fine and good way to remind me what happened previously. Glad that episode 2 is back to the norm, it's as good as always :D. Really shows how Midoriya, Bakugo, Lida and Todoroki are the powerhouses of class 1-a from their experiences. Urgh like everyone else i really wish Mineta wasn't given focus as he's so annoying.

Riding Bean - with the Gunsmith Cats kickstarter ending soon i decided to watch this now to see if i'd like GC as it's a spin-off and i quite enjoyed this so i'll be backing GC's kickstarter, shame this is the only episode made of Riding Bean.

Supernatural: The Anime Series eps 9-11

Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody (Dub) Episode 12 (Complete)

Katana Maidens (Dub) 12.5

Fumikiri Jikan (Sub) Episode 2

Kakuriyo: Bed & Breakfast for Spirits (Sub) Episode 3

Katana Maidens (Sub) Episode 14

Magical Girl Ore (Sub) Episode 3
OMG. That was um.... difficult to watch, This is Yuri gone Yaoi (Sweaty macho Magical Girl boy Yaoi) GROSS.

Space Battleship Tiramisu (Sub) Episode 3

The Pet Girl of Sakurasou eps 19-24 (complete)
I think the biggest problem with this series is that it doesn't know what it wants to be. It starts out as a comedy with ecchi and misunderstandings, then a coming of age story about finding out about yourself and then a romance with 2 couples (1 melodramatic and 1 comedic) and a love triangle that didn't really get resolved.

I don't know who gets the blame for this. I'm guessing most of it goes to the original author of the LN who was also the script writer, but the director (same as APFTTU) and series composition (Mari Okada!) probably share some for not sticking to one element as the main focus with the other parts just side elements. It's a shame because I liked their other stuff more.

Most of the characters were likable and it had its moments especially episode 23 (the emotional climax in the penultimate episode just like APFTTU), so not terrible, but could have been better. 6/10

Crossing Time ep 2
Seems it's going to be a different little story each week. This week wasn't as good as last week.

Kakuriyo - Bed & Breakfast for Spirits - ep 3
A trip to the capital of the hidden realm, but they find some trouble.

Golden Kamuy ep 2
I like the relationship between the 2 MCs already and there seems to be a great deal of research into the period and the people. For example the leader of the prisoners is inspired by a real person. Was the background art that sketchy (as in style, not quality) in the last episode?

Last edited:
Golden Kamuy ep2

Enjoyed that one more than the first episode; I think tonally, this one felt closer to what I'd expected from the series. The ED is pretty cool, but showing the end boss's (?) face seems like kind of a spoiler. Also, even as someone who draws in purple, those purple outlines did not look right on the trees and rocks.

Cutie Honey Universe ep2

Bit of an improvement from last week (at least now newcomers hopefully won't be so confused), but still kind of meh overall. Cool pep talk, Genet.

Kakuriyo -Bed&Breakfast for Spirits- episode 3 Another interesting endeavour. Making the cast less icy (no pun intended) and more likeable certainly helps.

Magical Girl Ore episode 3 "She's going straight to the flashback isn't she?" This is quite humorous, and absurd enough to keep me watching each week.

Railroad Crossing Time episode 2 That was underwhelming to say the least.

Space Battleship Tiramasu episode 3 That robot grope raised a legitimate laugh, SBT survives another week.

Gintama episodes 47-49 Season one completed. This series is great fun in small bursts every now and then-have a lot still to watch though. MAL lists the first 201 episodes as one so I'll just give a rating when I get to that point.

Kill me Baby episodes 10-13 (Complete. A decent slapstick comedy with solid characters and some bizarre scenarios.) 3.5/5

Kinmoza episodes 1-6

Back