Your viewing journal

Hunter x Hunter - Episodes 143-148 - And we are done with Hunter x Hunter. Really enjoyed this show, there were 2 particularly incredible arcs with the York New arc being my favourite, closely followed by the Chimera Ant arc. Kinda unfortunate so many things are left unresolved in the end but I guess not much can be done about that (unless they animate more of the manga? I dunno how much more there actually is or if it's actually popular enough tbh). All in all watching this show feels like time well spent and I could have easily watched more.

Yeah, that's the issue. Despite how long it's been since the anime has aired, manga chapters come out so infrequently, since the anime finished, only 3 volumes worth of manga have been published. The author is known for his long hiatuses.

Panzer World Galient 1-25 & All 3 OVAs (Crest of Earth/Crest of Iron/Crest of Heaven). Watched this ahead of an episode of Retro Mecha podcast that I'm recording with @orgun on Saturday. The episode will be available in a few weeks if you want to hear our views on the show!

Also: 3X3 Eyes OVA Episodes 1-4 (Complete)

3X3 Eyes: Legend Of The Divine Demon OVA Episodes 1-3(Complete). Enjoyed revisiting these old OVAs that was one of many early gateway drugs into anime back in the early 90's. It's aged quite well and is still an enjoyable watch. The main drawback being that they didn't adapt more of what is a truly great (and very long) manga so there's no true resolution to the story. I hope these get re-released on disc and that the manga eventually is made available in its entirety in the west.

Also just started with Casshern Sins (Episodes 1-3) ahead of a review on my blog. My final article about every iteration of the Casshern franchise.

Animehead's Retroworld

Last edited:
Sound! Euphonium 2 eps 7-13
Another great season for this series. Maybe a little more melodramatic than the first with less LOL moments and technical moments about how bands work. 9/10
Seems AL lost the license for it, so probably no chance of the 2 follow up films coming to the cinema.

Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku ep 1
Seems as, they already have started dating by the end of the episode, this will concentrate their quirky relationship rather than how they get together like in MMO Junkie.

Comic Girls ep 2
Some amusing moments, but everything is KAWAII according to the 2 new girls which gets a bit grating.

Now most of this seasons shows have started, apart from waiting for the dub of Steins;Gate 0 and the 2 shows I wanted to watch delayed by Netflix, I have to say none have particularly grabbed me straight away as firmly as a lot of the Winter shows did. But obviously too early to say that none will get into the combined top 5.

Comic Girls episode 2 This is suitably cute, maybe I'll learn more about making manga from this.

Dances with the Dragons episode 2 [Dropped/On-hold] eehhh I don't think I see much point in continuing this, I barely paid attention this episode since I wasn't engaged in the goings ons. Maybe I'll watch it in the future.

Megalo Box episode 2 Exactly what I expected to happen, still this is stylish enough that I hope it pulls off an interesting storyline.

Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku episode 1 "I'm not going to date you"-famous last words

Kanon episodes 1-15 The Makoto arc was very solid, the Mai arc was alright as well.

I sure do fail at posting here daily...

Nekomonogatari: White episode 2
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU episode 7
Yuru Camp episode 3 - Rewatching this series weekly because it's so comfy

love is hard for an otaku 1- wa... wait! first episode! that wasn't hard at all! if you want to see how effed the dating game is make a series about me! the only problem is it won't have quite as much jive as this series looks like it has and I'll die alone at the end of ep 12, no one's going to watch a show about dating that ends on that note

I would if it was based around Evangelion. That might be good grim family fun.

@Captaaainuniverse: 12 episodes? Is your life only scheduled for a single cour?
There could be a reference that has me watching Evangelion, but my romantic life isn't a mecha genre. And I would think 12 episodes gets to the point, and there won't be much point in continuing a series that focuses mostly on one character that dies

I'm watching much more but I just wanted to say I'm 6 episodes into Yuru Camp & it may just be my fav of the previous season. Thank you for expressing your undying love for the series in this thread, I may not have started the show so soon otherwise.

High School DxD HERO (Japanese audio) - Episode 0

DIVIDO DIVIDO DIVIDO DIVIDO DIVIDO DIVIDO BOOSTO BOOSTO BOOSTO BOOSTO BOOSTO BOOSTO DIVIDO DIVIDO DIVIDO DIVIDO DIVIDO DIVIDO BOOSTO BOOSTO BOOSTO BOOSTO BOOSTO OPPAI

2018-04-13_8.png

2018-04-13_9.png

Golden Kamuy (Japanese audio) - Episode 1
Steins;Gate 0 (Japanese audio) - Episode 1
Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online (Japanese audio) - Episode 1

So far my Spring 2018 simulcast line-up so far:
  • Amanchu! Advance
  • ????
  • Cutie Honey Universe
  • ????
  • ????
  • ????