Your viewing journal

Magical Girl Site ep 1 - That was dark, but I feel like it tried a little too hard. Will probably give it a few more episodes.
Uma Musume: Pretty Derby ep 1 - Expected to like this show... so far so good :D
Toji no Miko ep 13
BEATLESS ep 11
Black Clover ep 16
Hakyuu Houshin Engi ep 12
Lostorage conflated WIXOSS ep 1 - Good start, not expecting much after the disappointment that was Lostorage incited WIXOSS, but we'll see.

Ga-Rei: Zero ep 1-12 (complete)
Quite the show, has some great action scenes and overall nice story line. The first two episodes are really good, after which it drags on a bit before slowly picking up speed again. Really liked many aspects of the story, like how Yomi and Kagura are opposites of each other, Yomi "losing" everything in a short span of time, how Yomi did kill Mei out of hate (partially), etc...

But even with all these things, it felt like it didn't really fit together. Probably the somewhat jarring weapons used in combat. On one hand you have guns, katanas and spirit beasts, but then the next scene we have suitcases, spinning motercycles and even spinning wheelchairs:p. Oh and the butterfly boy didn't really add much and felt more like a way to progress the plot. I assume that in the source material he plays a bigger role, but now it was nothing more than being mysterious and setting some things in motion.
Overall I would recommend this show to anyone looking for a bit of action.

Continuing my catch up with shows where either the director or the writer of APFTTU were involved I started a show which the writer was on series composition (also had the director of A Silent Voice on storyboards).
Sound! Euphonium eps 1-6
Great so far. Some moving moments, some very funny moments and some intriguing stuff still to reveal itself. The characters are very good as well. Best girl at the moment is Asuka or Reina.

Uma Masume: Pretty Derby ep 3
Spe-chan learns a valuable lesson.

Your lie. Episode 22...,woooow in my mind I sort of thought that would happen and it did...but I put myself through it...phooooo it was hard very hard to watch by the end...don't think I can put myself through that again. Those

Your lie. Episode 22...,woooow in my mind I sort of thought that would happen and it did...but I put myself through it...phooooo it was hard very hard to watch by the end...don't think I can put myself through that again. Those
It is why I disliked the title. Always played on my mind. It still hit me but it would have even more.

Your lie. Episode 22...,woooow in my mind I sort of thought that would happen and it did...but I put myself through it...phooooo it was hard very hard to watch by the end...don't think I can put myself through that again.
I will at some point, but only because I now have the option of watching the dub as Netflix only has the Japanese version.

Trust me if you haven't got the tissues I'd certainly get them seriously if you don't cry. Summat wrong somewhere
Whoops should have quoted the exact point I was reacting to.

don't think I can put myself through that again
I will watch it again at some point. I know what the lie is and it's both frustrating and a massive punch in the feels 😭 at the same time.

2018-04-08_13.png

Cutie Honey Universe (Japanese audio) - Episode 1
Tada Never Falls In Love (Japanese audio) - Episode 1

Yep I officially picked up a subscription to HIDIVE. Expect some catalogue titles to join my watch-list as well.

Caligula (Sub) Episode 1
Well.... That was different and slightly creepy.

Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card (Sub) Episode 13

Darling in the FranXX (Sub) Episode 13

Gegege no Kitarou 2018 (Sub) Episode 2

Uma Musume Pretty Derby (Sub) Episode 3
Spe-chan learning a valuable lesson from a defeat.

Food Wars! The Third Plate 2nd Cour episode 13 Nice to be back on this, and once again it's reinforced that Soma has to surpass his fathers cooking, which is pretty much the endgame to the overall story.

Hinamatsuri episode 1 Didn't notice this yesterday. Seems like a cool premise, added to the weekly schedule.

Uma Musume: Pretty Derby! episode 3 Another solid episode with the expected tropes of a sports anime with Special Week not winning, likely spurring on a self-improvement and training character arc for future episodes. I liked how there was no spite with the loss, and the winner was genuinely overwhelmed at her win without being smug.

Gintama episodes 35-37

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable episodes 1-9

Cutie Honey Universe ep1

A bold start, but I feel they're a little torn between the high camp of the original and the slightly darker Shin Cutie Honey. Intrigued to see where they'll go with it in the long run though.

Back