Your viewing journal

Comic Girls ep 1
Seems like another fun CGDCT show for this season.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These ep 1
I might have to watch this on Funimation for the English dub. Way too much information/action on the screen at the same time sometimes so I lost track of the subtitles.

My Sweet Tyrant ep 1
Another really short show. The male MC has a weird way of showing his affection for his girlfriend.

One Punch Man eps 10-12 (complete)
That's one epic arc. It took its time, but got better and better as the season progressed. 8/10

Magical Girl Site ep 1
Evil Girls Doing Evil Things. At least in this episode before 2 of them got their comeuppance. The readers of the manga did say it was edgy for edgys sake.

Citrus (Dub) Episode 11

Darling in the FranXX (Dub) Episode 10

Tokyo Ghoul:re (Dub) Episode 1

Violet Evergarden (Dub) Episode 13 (Complete)
A tear jerking and emotional finale, Despite the shows slow start and not every episode being a sure fire hit, but when it did hit, it was out of the park.

Akkun to Kanojo (Sub) Episode 1
Not bad but Funny, The MC's obsession/affection for his GF is creepy and disturbing.

Beatless (Sub) Episode 13

Lostorage conflated WIXOSS (Sub) Episode 1

Magical Girl Site (Sub) Episode 1
WTF! :eek: That was brutal. Talk about getting thrown under the bus (in this case train). This was edgy as hell. With all the bullying at school then physically beaten her brother at home, no wonder she wants to die. Personally, that was difficult to watch.

Record of Grancrest War (Sub) Episode 13

Gurazeni Money Pitch ep1

I feel a little indifferent about this one. Some of the elements, like how closely a player's worth is equated with his salary, or the commentator desperately trying to crib up on the players, are quite interesting, but overall it lacks drama - despite the mc's assertions to the contrary, it doesn't feel like there's an awful lot at stake here. Feels like the sports anime equivalent of slice of life.

DaNb9n_XcAUSxkf.jpg

Amanchu! ~Advance~ (Japanese audio) - Episode 1
DARLING in the FRANXX (Japanese audio) - Episode 13
Magical Girl Site (Japanese audio) - Episode 1
MEGALO BOX (Japanese audio) - Episode 1
PERSONA5 The Animation (Japanese audio) - Episode 1

Hinamatsuri ep 1
Not as funny as thought it might be, although it has its moments (especially the post credits scene). I like the 2 MCs though.

Persona 5 the Animation ep 1
A pretty brisk run through the events of the start of the game, but I don't think they cut anything bar the gameplay bits. So what was covered in 20 odd minutes probably took me 2 hours in the game. Lots of little nods to things in the game and the soundtrack is the same, apart from the song at the end which fit and was just as good as the rest.
Seems that some non-players on MAL were a bit confused, but with the introduction of Morgana in the next episode there will probably be a ton of exposition.

Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online ep 1
Pretty good so far, seems like the 2 MCs we've met so far are good at the game and we're talking tactics a lot like watching a let's play with pros. No actual plot as yet, doesn't seem to be going down the route of the normal SAO with any bad guy plots. Hardly any offline stuff, so we'll see how that goes.

Amanchu! Advance episode 1 Upyo! Another season of this is most welcome.

Darling in the FranXX episode 13 This was the depth in backstory I was waiting for. It didn't disappoint, as this was a superb episode.

My Hero Academia 3rd Season episode 39 Fanservice (or lack thereof) and a recap? I'll take it I suppose-looking forward to seeing this season's storyline animated.

My Sweet Tyrant episode 1 Huh, didn't realise these were shorts. Will see what they do with the small running times. Seems like it could get stale quickly.

Persona 5 The Animation episode 1 Once again, as with P4TA and P4TGA I haven't played the games so I'll be judging this purely as an anime. So far I'm intrigued and will definitely keep watching.

Hozuki's Coolheadedness 2nd Season/2nd Cour episodes 11-14 This series continues to impress me with how creative each episode is.

Interviews with Monster Girls episodes 1-12/ONA (Complete. Another blend of SoL and monster girls, but this time with the added bonus that the lovable MC Tetsuo is actively looking to expand his knowledge of Demi humans by interacting with his quirky and endearing students. This was a real treat that I regret missing in the Winter 2017 season.) 4/5

Last edited:
Amanchu! Advance (Sub) Episode 1
Satisfying and enjoyable first episode with beautiful animation. I'm really liking how much the relationship/friendship has grown between Hikari and Futaba.

Hinamatsuri (Sub) Episode 1
Good first episode, funny and very entertaining.

Katana Maidens (Sub) Episode 13

Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online (Sub) Episode 1

Darling in the Franxx Episode 13

My Hero Academia Season 3 Episode 1

Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Episode 1

Persona 5 The Animation Episode 1

I actually watched some anime today, which as far as I can tell was the first time since the 8th of March. o_O So much to watch too but don't wanna burn myself out trying to catch up with shows, and there's a lot I wanna watch this season too, far more than usual actually.

Hunter x Hunter - Episodes 137 - 140 - Man Alluka is all kinds of weird, kinda dig the idea of her/him/whatever though. Nice to see short cameos of characters from throughout the series too. Kinda sad I'm almost done tbh.

Megalo Box - Episode 1 - Oh yes, this seems like it is very much my jam.

Persona5 - Episode 1 - Eeeeeeh it was pretty much what I expected tbh, kinda bothers me how everyone looks slightly off from what I have in my head but I'm sure that'll pass (Sae looks a bit crap though...). Hopefully we can push out the start of the game and get to the good stuff fairly quickly (based on what was covered here, I assume that'll be the case).

Seasonal stuff

Magical Girl Site Episode 1

- Wow that first episode.... That was hard to watch. Both due to the content and Amazon's horrible subtitles. You're Handful Amazon ;)

Mahou Shoujo Ore Episodes 1+2

- Yuri? Not Yuri? Yuri? Confused!

Tachibanakan Triangle Episode 1

- Really wish this wasn't so short -_-

Uma Musume: Pretty Derby Episodes 1+2

- Run Run Run Run

----------
----------

Seasonal to start

Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online
Akkun to Kanojo (My Sweet Tyrant)

----------
----------

Other Watching

The Idolmaster Episodes 1-10

well I finished steins;gate while it meandered and ended a little differently than i remembered I'm still calling this one of my classics, with a harrowing arc over halfway through which raises questions of the MC's humanity

Darling in the franxx 13 - a flashback in the franxx, which does the rare thing of not being an awful flashback that may not be overused hopefully, a lot of series when they get this big deal flashback refer to it and use it to kill like a minute continuing the series, I don't see this one coming back like that, but as with some episodes of franxx, there's something to decipher in this episode, like, the adult's lack of answers, where zero two actually comes from and other things that sometimes plague the mystery of the series, one mystery is who decided to chop some dang onions when this was on?

Monmasume 7-9 - the jugdening continues

punchline 1-4 - funnier than I remember it, I dare anyone not to at least crack a smile at the "cheer-mancy" ritual. shame it's never been dubbed, but it does keep some cultural humour in that a few of the gags are misunderstandings based on one of japan's favourite forms of humour: wordplay on their kanji and phonetics in certain contexts

Fairy Tail Dragon Cry (dub)

A pretty great film finally had the chance to watch it dubbed it's how I watched the series so made it even better on this rewatch. Only negative is I think they could have integrated the B team a lot better instead of they're there coincidentally.

Trinity Seven #1-8

After the anime I watched recently kinda refreshing to kick back with a show like this. Actually extremely enjoyable. MC is great had great comedic timing and better than most harem protagonists, Issei from DxD borders on annoying but this guy never is. Only negative is actual nudity would be nice.

Your lie in April 12-21. Only one more episode of this it's had some ups and alot of downs some ways I'm glad it's over and some ways are aren't....for me it was ok but abit of an hard watch

Back