Your viewing journal

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam (Japanese audio) - Episodes 9-16

Managed to watch the entire second disc. Zeta Gundam is pretty interesting so far, it does have a lot of callbacks to the '79 series so obviously you need to watch that one first to understand some of the characters. Considering this is a long series the pacing is pretty good.

Kanon eps 15-18
Mais full story is revealed, she created the demons after lying to Yuuichi to try and keep him from leaving. Also Shioris story is completed, I wasn't quite right, but on the right track. It seemed a slightly silly story as to why Kaori wouldn't even acknowledge her dying sister and she didn't even seem that ill before disappearing (I assume, as that was right at the end of the episode), but still I got teary-eyed at their reunion.

Spirited Away (sub at the cinema)
Still great. Having watched this and Princess Mononoke in the same environment so close to one another, I can say that this seems tighter dispite only being about 5 minutes shorter.

Godzilla (Live Action, 2014)
Much better than the 90s effort. Apart from the music, no Going Underground or Come With Me!

Kanon eps 11-14
I think most of the girls, thing, has been either revealed or heavily hinted at. Makoto was a fox that turned human, Mai can see demons and fights them at night, Ayu rather than dead which I thought at first is possibly an angel, Shiori is possibly the dead one, she has weird wobbly lines around her like the demons that Mai fights in the OP and Nayuki seems to have narcolepsy, maybe hinting it's all a dream.
Y'know when watching it I never really broke it down like that.
Kanon eps 15-18
Mais full story is revealed, she created the demons after lying to Yuuichi to try and keep him from leaving. Also Shioris story is completed, I wasn't quite right, but on the right track. It seemed a slightly silly story as to why Kaori wouldn't even acknowledge her dying sister and she didn't even seem that ill before disappearing (I assume, as that was right at the end of the episode), but still I got teary-eyed at their reunion.

Spirited Away (sub at the cinema)
Still great. Having watched this and Princess Mononoke in the same environment so close to one another, I can say that this seems tighter dispite only being about 5 minutes shorter.

Godzilla (Live Action, 2014)
Much better than the 90s effort. Apart from the music, no Going Underground or Come With Me!
Yeah I found Kaori's story the weakest too. Makoto's was probably my favourite as they made me flip from disliking the character to actually liking her.

Y'know when watching it I never really broke it down like that.
I do like to keep track of my theories as I go along.
Also re-reading that part I forgot to mention in today's that the wobbly lines were just a fountain behind Shiori and may or may not have been a foreshadowing.

Yeah I found Kaori's story the weakest too. Makoto's was probably my favourite as they made me flip from disliking the character to actually liking her.
Of the ones finished with Makoto was the best, although Mai is my favourite girl.

Haikyu!! 2nd Season episodes 19-25 (Complete. A stronger and more enjoyable season that saw new characters and existing ones developing and interacting nicely. This is the best sports anime I've seen so far.) 4/5

Haikyu!! 3rd Season episodes 1-10 (Complete. More intense and enjoyable Volleyball, maintaining the quality from last season but with higher stakes. Now to wait for season four.) 4/5

DARLING in the FRANXX eps 11+12
That episode 11, though... This's show's so mighty it can even get away with using yet another kick-ass action sequence as the background to a simultaneous dialogue scene. That's confidence on the part of the creators, and they pull it off!

I just love this show to bits.

Pop Team Epic ep12
Nooooo! It's finished! :(
But it went out in much style. That opening was just one extended p*ss-take of Evangelion, wasn't it? I heartily approve. ;)
(Well, first time around it was, anyway.)

We also got a new Bob Team sketch in part 2, and the part 2 seiyuu were Jouji Nakata and Shou Hayami. What a combo!

Who's for a season 2?

I do like to keep track of my theories as I go along.
Also re-reading that part I forgot to mention in today's that the wobbly lines were just a fountain behind Shiori and may or may not have been a foreshadowing.

Of the ones finished with Makoto was the best, although Mai is my favourite girl.
Ayu was my favourite girl! Be interesting to see what you think of the cousins story.

Anohana Flowers 1-11

First time I seen a whole series in one sitting...just couldn't sleep damn foxes and neighbours back garden light keeping me up.

Anyway such a bizarre show... It got incredibly hammy towards the end I actually started laughing at how ridiculous it was when everone confessed their selfish desires and then every proceeding to cry for quite a bit. Rest of show I liked well enough, all sorts of different characters. Was a fun watch overall. If I were to give it a score right now probably a 7/10.

Ayu was my favourite girl! Be interesting to see what you think of the cousins story.
Literally just finished watching. Nayukis story seems tacked on the end and could have been woven into the overall plot better. I mean she loves him, but there are little to no hints of this till we get towards the end. I was thinking as I went along that the writer played the game and literally got every bad ending for each girl and just stuck with it, but then 24 came along with the good ending with Ayus last wish fixing all the bad stuff, apart from Makoto (he met the real one in 23 at least), which was an OK ending. I also wondered where in all the sadness the original game managed to find a moment for the H-scenes!?

Literally just finished watching. Nayukis story seems tacked on the end and could have been woven into the overall plot better. I mean she loves him, but there are little to no hints of this till we get towards the end. I was thinking as I went along that the writer played the game and literally got every bad ending for each girl and just stuck with it, but then 24 came along with the good ending with Ayus last wish fixing all the bad stuff, apart from Makoto (he met the real one in 23 at least), which was an OK ending. I also wondered where in all the sadness the original game managed to find a moment for the H-scenes!?
Yeah. The whole thing with her Mom getting in an accident just felt kinda forced to me to put her story to the forefront. Really didn't like that last episode to me that was like a what if ending. The show has come down to a solid 8/10 for me.

Let’s see what have I watched since last updating?

Prison school 1-end
Was fairly entertaining all in all.

Testament of sister new devil 1-end
Never got into the story all in all but gets extra points because I’m a perv.

Fate apocrypha 13?-end
Whatever it was that recently got added.

Oh and...

Deadman wonderland (rewatch) 1-end
Who doesn’t enjoy a bloodbath? And crow rocks.

Let’s see what have I watched since last updating?

Prison school 1-end
Was fairly entertaining all in all.

Testament of sister new devil 1-end
Never got into the story all in all but gets extra points because I’m a perv.

Fate apocrypha 13?-end
Whatever it was that recently got added.

Oh and...

Deadman wonderland (rewatch) 1-end
Who doesn’t enjoy a bloodbath? And crow rocks.
Yeah Testament was a dud for me, so bored not even boobs could keep me interested lol

Fist of the Blue Sky: Regenesis (Japanese audio) - Episode 1

UPDATE: While I liked the episode, it turns out that this is actually an adaptation of the sequel manga to Fist of the Blue Sky (and thus a continuation to the 2006 anime adaptation of the first manga). As such I have decided to postpone plans to watch this series, I'll check it out once the 2006 series gets licensed and is made available.

Last edited:
Half way through Gangsta. Pretty watchable little anime. Good story with likeable characters. Wouldn't class it as groundbreaking, but there are enough unique elements to keep if different. It's a very human anime, but there is a twist. Has a Fullmetal Alchemy feel to it, in a good way.

Back