Your viewing journal

Killing Bites ep 6
Both battles from last week continue. Really like the music during the fighting and both the OP and ED.
Yes, both of them. There were not 3 battles, tiger and cheetah were getting owned by gecko and croc, ratel turned up with nothing rapey and explicit happening to her and that's how it went. No further questions

I counted Ratel and Cheetah vs Cobra and Gecko as one and Croc, Tiger and Hippo as the other.
But but no further questions! cobra doesn't exist! What looked like cobra's part of the fight is just the moment I accidentally opened a tab into some delinquent's internet history, I certainly don't see it on the back of my eyelids

That aside junji ito (only caught the latest yeaterday) had 2 simple concepts turned into something unnerving. One of the good ones in my book

That's a valid point, it's definitely better than most of the Marvel films, even if it does have its Cliches.

I liked it but I thought it was a bit by the numbers and it didn't really do anything special IMHO. I really like the MCU (I've seen every one at the cinema and I own all of them on 3D Blu-ray (other than Iron Man 1 & 2 and Hulk obviously) to be clear) but I feel a bit of fatigue beginning to set in with them, especially where origin stories are concerned.

I liked it but I thought it was a bit by the numbers and it didn't really do anything special IMHO. I really like the MCU (I've seen every one at the cinema and I own all of them on 3D Blu-ray (other than Iron Man 1 & 2 and Hulk obviously) to be clear) but I feel a bit of fatigue beginning to set in with them, especially where origin stories are concerned.
I agree on the whole fatigue thing, superhero films do tend to be very similar nowadays, and none of them will top Tim Burton's Batman film for me.

A Place Further Than the Universe ep 8 (Yes twice! Fight me :p)
Another excellent episode, quite comedic this week. The post credit scene suggests the feels are incoming though!
Brilliant insert song towards the end and it's on one of the CDs I brought from CDJapan. Hopefully they'll ship tomorrow as that's the release day, then I'll just have to wait for them to arrive.

Black Clover episode 20 Wow rich snobs, hooray....

Overlord II episode 7 An alright episode that acts as world building

Armitage III OVAs 2-4 (Complete.This is a solid, if unremarkable, set of OVAs that were compiled together to make Poly-Matrix. The series has that retro feel that's nice to see, but its story and characters aren't all that engaging. There's some cool ideas here, but other sci-fi stories have done them better. I still recommend this, it might do more for others than it did for me.) 3/5

Armitage III: Poly-Matrix The aforementioned film that brought attention to the franchise in the first place. My thoughts on this are the same as the above. However, what's notable here is the presence of Elizabeth Berkeley, Kiefer Sutherland and Bryan Cranston, who give decent, if somewhat limited performances (the two leads felt like they weren't as experienced with voice acting or maybe didn't have the best direction and it shows in places.) 3/5

Armitage III: Dual-Matrix My thoughts on this aren't dissimilar from those above either, though I did find the story and characters a little more enjoyable here. Juliette Lewis was an interesting choice, though again I feel that the same problem applies here as it did for the celebrity VAs in the first film. Overall this franchise is worth checking out. 3/5

Samurai Champloo 18-26(Dub) (Finished) -A fun series to watch .Really enjoyed it and just loved how Fuu,Jin and Mugen interacted with one another and with other characters.

Today's Watch List

Dubs
Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody (English Dub) episode 4
Karakai Jozu no Takagi-san (English Dub) Episode 4
Katana Maidens (English Dub) Episodes 1 - 5
Overlord II (English Dub) Epusode 4
The Ancient Magus Bride Episode 16

Subs
A Place Further than the Universe Episode 7
Karakai Jozu no Takagi-san Episode 7
Overlord II Episode 7
The Ryuo's Work is Never Done Episode 7

Re-Watches
Boku no Kanojo ga Majime Sugiru Shojo Bitch na Ken Episode 1-2 UNCENSORED

I cannot imagine how anyone could tolerate listening to the English dub for Ancient Magus' Bride, that has to be the most awful dub I've ever accidentally subjected my ears to - I started watching a YouTube reactor who I found out was using the dub, and I think my ears were permanently damaged. Every single character sounded horrible, especially the two MC. I made it about halfway through the first episode, and had to go vomit up my dinner. I know that any of my friends I show that series to I will force them with the threat of major bodily injury to watch it subtitled, or I'll be kicking them out, lol.

Watched Blood+ Season 1 Disc 4 last night with my next-door neighbor, episodes 16-20. This is her first time through the series.

I cannot imagine how anyone could tolerate listening to the English dub for Ancient Magus' Bride, that has to be the most awful dub I've ever accidentally subjected my ears to - I started watching a YouTube reactor who I found out was using the dub, and I think my ears were permanently damaged. Every single character sounded horrible, especially the two MC. I made it about halfway through the first episode, and had to go vomit up my dinner. I know that any of my friends I show that series to I will force them with the threat of major bodily injury to watch it subtitled, or I'll be kicking them out, lol.

Watched Blood+ Season 1 Disc 4 last night with my next-door neighbor, episodes 16-20. This is her first time through the series.
It is a very bad dub. Ellias voice is kind of halfway between American and English but doesn't work as either. The Tanya dub is equally bad.

Between yesterday and today on Crunchyroll:

The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan eps 12–14
I'll be honest: I wasn't wild about the three-episode 'Disappearance of Nagato' arc. It was a pretty drastic tonal shift and didn't really carry the drama it obviously aspired to, in my view. I'm guessing this is one of the reasons the show gets marked down in people's scores?

Darker than Black: Kuro no Keiyakusha Gaiden 1–4 (complete)
Learnt from @NormanicGrav's epic Legal Streaming thread that this is on Crunchyroll (where it's listed as episodes 39–42). I saw both series of Darker than Black some years ago, but not this short OVA series set in the gap between them.

I still remembered just about enough about the characters and setting to be able to get the best out of this, digging the finer details out of distant memory along the way. I enjoyed it mainly for the action sequences, which are pretty exciting stuff — the one that opens the first episode being especially well executed — and also for some surprisingly tender moments between the two leads. The plot still baffled me to a degree, but then I've always found that with Darker than Black!

Rumbling Hearts #9-10

Feels like my prediction of Mitski committing suicide may come true afterall as an unfortunate as it is.

Finally time to accelerate that drama, there's been a massive lull this last few episodes.

Dragon Ball Z Kai - Episode 01-11
All systems Goku.

First bit of anime (other than movies) I've watched in over a year.
Not a bad one to get back into!

I sold my Z releases Kai is the way forward! At least makes Toei adaptation tolerable (though Kai 2.0 is arguably worse, but for consistency and a good dub).

Back