Mob Psycho 100 (Japanese audio) - Episodes 3-4

Thursday 4th August:
Alderamin on the Sky (Japanese audio) - Episode 4

Friday 5th August:
Berserk: Tower of Conviction (Japanese audio) - Episode 6
Amanchu! (Japanese audio) - Episode 5
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable (Japanese audio) - Episode 19

Diamond is Unbreakable ep19

Perhaps there was more left than I thought before the story goes full Kira. Didn't manage to screencap it, but the whisky being "Joseph Daniels" was a nice touch.

Berserk (2016) ep6

Me a few weeks ago: "I wonder if they're going to keep the satanic orgy?"

Me today: "welp".

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't realise there was a back up forum since the site went down.

Since then I have watched:

Brave of Sun Fighbird - Episode 48 [Final]

Not the best of the Brave series, but it was enjoyable nonetheless.

RS Project

Interesting mecha one-off that uses nearly every trope in the book.

Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 - Episode 16

This weekend I plan to start a rewatch of Galactic Drifter Vifam and I want to start Thunderbolt Fantasy soon as well.

Mobile Suit Gundam ep 8-9. The way this series keeps lecturing the viewer on how to be a good member of (70's japanese) society is starting to wear thin now. On the plus side, it does show a balanced view of war where the soldiers on both sides are not all that different from each other, along with how civilians feel when they are caught in the middle of it all.

Professor Irony said:
Haven't watched enough of the original to comment personally, but I've oft heard it said that Seed is a loose remake of MSG.
Huh, I can certainly see why that would be said. Thanks Prof.

From what I've heard the 0079 tv series is quite a tedious watch and the movie are better. I mean a lot of the societal commentary is how the young people are being exploited by the generation that was there age during the war.

Monster Musume-Episodes 1 and 2

After hearing all about Monster Girls from Joshawott, I finally checked out this show. I'm not normally a big ecchi fan, at least not when it's the prime focus of a show, like the abomination that is Bladedance of the Elementalers, but this is surprisingly hilarious. Sure, it's pretty in your face with the sex stuff, but it definitely feels like it's in service to some really great comedy moments rather than just for mindless titillation. I will certainly keep watching. Also, if anyone's curious, I'm currently torn between Miia and Papi.

Love Live! Sunshine!!-Episode 6

Ugh, they're doing the school is closing thing again. I was really hope they at least wouldn't recycle that, but I don't know who I was kidding. Still, an entertaining episode, even if this show is incredibly derivative. The song at the end was pretty good too.

Last edited by a moderator:
91 Days - Episodes 4 & 5 - Still enjoying this a lot. I can't help but think that the person who sent him the letter with the names on it is actually going to be the 4th person in the end. Too obvious?

Seems the most likely, but I don't know - I didn't expect Nero and Avilio to team up with Fango this week, so perhaps they've still got something up their sleeve.

Monster Musume-Episodes 5-7

Episode 6: Considering how hyped up the Egg scene was, it didn't really seem any more explicit than anything else in the show.

Episode 7: I have no idea why but the cyclops freaks me out more than any other monster girl.

Hidamari Sketch Hoshimittsu-Episode 8

A Certain Magical Index 2 ep 4 - 12
Blue Exorcist ep 1 - 3
This Art Club Has a Problem ep 5
Rewrite ep 6
Qualidea Code ep 4
Food Wars Second Plate ep 6

Re:Zero-Episode 19

A bit of a slow episode but I think the next one's going to be great.

Orange-Episode 6

Wow, that ending. Assuming that Suwa is talking about a letter from his future self and not some red herring, that has some massive repercussions in terms of the time element in the show, as we have no idea that Suwa has done to alter the timeline as well as Naho.

Monster Musume-Episodes 8-10

Episode 8: I can slowly see the argument of Suu being best girl.

Episode 9: People point to the Egg scene as being this show's most explicit, but that's nothing compared to a scene in this episode of Papi pretty much masturbating in the middle of an arcade... Also, I really loved that Metal Gear nod, especially given that Miia is part snake :p

Episode 10: Can't say I was expecting a monster girl themed Godzilla parody but I won't say it wasn't great!

Mob Psycho 100-Episode 5

What a fantastic episode. Great action, great comedy and added a new layer of depth to Mob. The animation was really on point too and it sets up an interesting conflict going forwards. Looking forward to seeing more as always.

Bannayan-Episode 6

A deep insight into the non japanese culture of the Bananyan. 10/10.

Last edited:
Maid Sama ep 25 - 27
Blue Exorcist ep 4 - 6
A Certain Magical Index 2 ep 13 - 15
Re Zero Starting Life In Another world ep 19
The Disastrous Life of Saiki K ep 3

Mob Psycho 100-Episode 5

What a fantastic episode. Great action, great comedy and added a new layer of depth to Mob. The animation was really on point too and it sets up an interesting conflict going forwards. Looking forward to seeing more as always.

I've noticed for a while now that you've enjoyed the animation in this show, I find that interesting because I've heard it being compared to the likes of Ping Pong and other 'artsy' shows from a visual standpoint and it leads me to believe that you'd actually enjoy such shows from a visual standpoint if you gave them a chance, which is why I always find it saddening when you claim that they look ugly, you clearly have an eye and appetite for more varied works. You don't have to watch anything on anyone's behalf, but I think that you shouldn't be so steadfast either. Glad that you're enjoying it in any case, I can't wait to watch Mob Psycho 100 when its wrapped up.

Back