Your viewing journal

How to keep a Mummy episode 6 This series is just too adorable.

Miss Koizumi loves Ramen Noodles episode 7 'Twas alright, I really quite like the soundtrack in places, it's funky af

Violet Evergarden episode 6 'Twas also alright. Another episode wherein I didn't find it all that engaging.

Yuru Camp episode 7 Secret Society BLANKET

Akagi episodes 19-26 (Complete. A very tense series about Mahjong and the psychological games that the titular Akagi plays with his opponents. This is a series that requires constant attention, and I admit I got lost at times. The ending wasn't that great either. Aside from that I recommend this, it's on Crunchyroll and is worth a watch. ) 3.5/5

Akagi episodes 19-26 (Complete. A very tense series about Mahjong and the psychological games that the titular Akagi plays with his opponents. This is a series that requires constant attention, and I admit I got lost at times. The ending wasn't that great either. Aside from that I recommend this, it's on Crunchyroll and is worth a watch. ) 3.5/5

Check out Kaiji. It's got all the best parts of Akagi but a lot easier to follow. Mahjong is way too complicated for my liking!

Watched Dragon Ball Z 271-278 (sub) Found these bunch of episodes particulary hilarious,Vegetto against Boo (loved how the fight was done as well.)and the roundworm scene inside Boo was brilliant.(Know parts of these are filler but there were fantastic still got to read the manga at some point.)

Laid-Back Camp (ep 2-3)
Slowly catching up, but I would've like to do it this way with A Place Further Than The Universe.
I was wondering though, are people referring to this as Laid-Back Camp or Yuru Camp? Just wondered really.

Laid-Back Camp (ep 2-3)
Slowly catching up, but I would've like to do it this way with A Place Further Than The Universe.
I was wondering though, are people referring to this as Laid-Back Camp or Yuru Camp? Just wondered really.
I've been calling it Yuru Camp since episode 1, I honestly didn't know it's other title.

From yesterday:
Violet Evergarden ep 6
Gave my thoughts yesterday in response to Adam.

Sword Art Online: The Movie - Ordinal Scale
As a bit of brains out fun it's pretty good with some great fight scenes. Although Kirito gets physically fit to fight in AR very quickly towards the end, but at least he needs all his friends for the final boss. With brains in surely a way to scan peoples brains could have been invented that didn't either cost them their memory or even their life and then the Prof could have just asked them nicely to help. But that would have made for a boring film.

Ms. Koizumi Loves Ramen Noodles ep 7
Man if I wasn't interested about learning a bit about Japanese culture I would have dropped this ages ago. Zero plot and zero character development, and the same joke over and over. This is a CGDCT/comedy/informative show done wrong. 2 better examples are Dagashi Kashi (comedy/info) and Yuru Camp (CGDCT/info, see below). I did actually learn some stuff though, so I'll keep plugging away.

After the Rain ep 6
Some flashback stuff in an episode that concentrated more on Akira and her friend from track club.

Yuru Camp△ (@Adam-M ;)) ep 7
More warm and cozy stuff. We learn a bit more about Rin and Nadeshiko (and the difference between types of tent and charcoal brickettes!)
Just what I needed at the end of the day.

Amagami SS Plus episodes 11–13 (complete)

It's the final installment of 'Amagami dialogue out of context'.

Episode11:
"In England, there's a whole bunch of guys who profess their love to Haruka. There's Robin, Terry, Stair, and Neil the Bully."

I'm... Sorry, what?

And from the very same episode:
Haruka: This shack brings back memories, doesn't it?
Junichi: Yeah, you're right. It does.
Haruka: It tickled so much when you did that! You kissed the back of my leg and wouldn't stop until I made you.
Junichi: (laughs sheepishly) Sorry. But the back of your leg was really smooth. It felt wonderful.

But this one might just trump the lot. From episode 13:
"Even so, it feels so glorious when you fondle big boobies."

This line is spoken by a girl. The protagonist's younger sister no less.

Oh, dear.

The next door neighbor couple and a friend of mine all visited last night to get through more Blood+ episodes, we marathon a good bit of Season 1, eps 6-14. Unfortunately, the neighbor guy leaves on Sunday for a military training stint in Texas, and won't be back until sometime in July - so it will be a while now until we get to finish the series... :(

Watched- Samurai Champloo(Dub) episodes 5-8 Really enjoying this so far particularly liking Fuu.Looking forward to see how it goes.

Dragon Ball Movie 1 Curse Of The Blood Rubies (Sub)- First time watching this enjoyable but nothing special.

Watched- Samurai Champloo(Dub) episodes 5-8 Really enjoying this so far particularly liking Fuu.Looking forward to see how it goes.

Dragon Ball Movie 1 Curse Of The Blood Rubies (Sub)- First time watching this enjoyable but nothing special.
Hope you enjoy samurai champloo. I quite liked it initially but then it started grating on me, I’m not sure when it happened. It just did.

Akashic Records of Bastard Magic Instructor episodes 1-12 (Complete. Well this was very entertaining. The MC is one of my favs in recent memory, and though the series has its cliches it also works to subvert them with a likeable cast and a decent story. The stuff in episodes 8 and 9 was especially challenging in whether I should pity/forgive or dislike Re=l for her actions. I went with the former, though how everyone just quickly forgives their actions is one of those instances where I had to suspend my disbelief and just accept how the writers wanted the story to go.. I also found the last few episodes to be a bit rushed. Despite this, the anime is a very solid recommend. Oh and Albert is definitely this worlds' Roy Mustang.) 3.5/5

Akira (Film) Visceral and engaging, with an ending that feels like David Cronenberg's Godzilla. This is certainly a film that's earnt its importance and legacy in film history and popular culture. 4/5

Hope you enjoy samurai champloo. I quite liked it initially but then it started grating on me, I’m not sure when it happened. It just did.

Its the filler episodes near the end that annoyed me. I loved the series but you could loose 6 episodes from that show and make it a whole lot better.

Ping Ping - Episodes 8 - 11 [Final] (Blu-ray)

A great series, well worth a watch.

The Dagger of Kamui

Watched this again ahead of a review on the podcast.

Akashic Records of Bastard Magic Instructor episodes 1-12 (Complete. Well this was very entertaining. The MC is one of my favs in recent memory, and though the series has its cliches it also works to subvert them with a likeable cast and a decent story. The stuff in episodes 8 and 9 was especially challenging in whether I should pity/forgive or dislike Re=l for her actions. I went with the former, though how everyone just quickly forgives their actions is one of those instances where I had to suspend my disbelief and just accept how the writers wanted the story to go.. I also found the last few episodes to be a bit rushed. Despite this, the anime is a very solid recommend. Oh and Albert is definitely this worlds' Roy Mustang.) 3.5/5

Akira (Film) Visceral and engaging, with an ending that feels like David Cronenberg's Godzilla. This is certainly a film that's earnt its importance and legacy in film history and popular culture. 4/5
Glad to see you liked Akashic records. Similar reaction to mine!

Back