Your viewing journal

A Place Further Than The Universe (episode 7) (but not twice)
This one definitely is my favourite of the season and I'll watch it again at some point but @D1tchd1gger is really going overboard (bdum-tish) watching each one twice. I expect it to hype it up a bit much, but give it a chance anyway if you've not seen it.

I've ended up dropping a few this season so I need to have a look and pick a few new series. Any recommendations?

A Place Further Than The Universe (episode 7) (but not twice)
This one definitely is my favourite of the season and I'll watch it again at some point but @D1tchd1gger is really going overboard (bdum-tish) watching each one twice. I expect it to hype it up a bit much, but give it a chance anyway if you've not seen it.

I've ended up dropping a few this season so I need to have a look and pick a few new series. Any recommendations?
I keep watching it on my phone ASAP and then on my TV later. Also to make sure I catch everything. But also cos it's great.

How can I recommend anything if you don't keep your MAL upto date 😜
My favourites, apart from the obvious, are Yuru Camp (CGDCT), Citrus (Yuri, but the story isn't bad) and Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens (hitman action with a cool soundtrack) all on Crunchyroll and After the Rain (SOL romance with a twist) on Amazon.

I keep watching it on my phone ASAP and then on my TV later. Also to make sure I catch everything. But also cos it's great.

How can I recommend anything if you don't keep your MAL upto date 😜
My favourites, apart from the obvious, are Yuru Camp (CGDCT), Citrus (Yuri, but the story isn't bad) and Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens (hitman action with a cool soundtrack) all on Crunchyroll and After the Rain (SOL romance with a twist) on Amazon.
I'll second Yuru Camp it's one of my favs of this season.

I don't keep my MAL up to date because i'm too lazy. I haven't seen any of the ones you recommended though so I'll take your advice on it and make a start on some of them tonight.
Thanks lads ;)

The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan eps 5–8

Those cameo appearances by Arakawa genuinely made my day. On a more serious note, the scenes where Asakura got angry with Haruhi really left a mark on me. I'm sure those will linger long in the memory.

Gurren Lagann eps 26+27 (rewatch complete)

That epilogue really does round things off in such a satisfying way. I love how Leeron is the only character who looks the same in all three time periods. He's looking well!

I also rewatched the TV broadcast version of episode 6 (the bathhouse episode). I can't believe it's taken me until now to spot that the bunny girls are likenesses of characters from other Gainax shows (specifically Gunbuster 2, Evangelion and Mahoromatic).

Garo: Vanishing Line ep4-5

The more I see of this show, the more I like it, but I dunno, it always feels like there's something else I prioritise more. Maybe I'd prefer it if Gina was the mc.

Punchline ep4-5

Something the local group has picked up. I gave it a wide berth at time of airing because I heard it was heavy on the fanservice and, while I'd prefer if there was less of that, I still kind of like it. The plot is endearingly daft and I think the 'ghost mc' setup is quite cleverly employed.

Yesterday- Kids on the Slope(Finished)-Really enjoyed this anime loved the character relationships(and the bromance) and the music.Glad I watched this after being on my to watch list for ages.Really beautiful anime.

Today
Dragon Ball Z (Sub) 264-270 Currently rewatching the Buu saga(Seen the other sagas multiple times already via Ocean dub and the Kai version) via bluray last time I saw any of the Buu saga was when the Ocean dub was airing.Glad I'm rewatching as I am enjoying it.

Samurai Champloo(Dub)- 1-4 Seems really interesting still forming an opinion on it.

Yesterday- Kids on the Slope(Finished)-Really enjoyed this anime loved the character relationships(and the bromance) and the music.Glad I watched this after being on my to watch list for ages.Really beautiful anime.
If you want an even better ending read the last few manga volumes it expands on character relationships and is worthy of being adapted (though it likely won't be.)

Another Manga Force Collection title.
Highlander: The Search for Vengeance (rewatch)
I said on these forums back when I first watched it, it was a better story than the various sequels to the original film. I would say that is still the case, but I actually think the rivalry over 2000 years is actually better, however I would have liked Colin to be more of an equal to Marcus at least after a bit of time has passed rather than always being fortunate to be on holy ground to escape. He needs a better trainer than a spirit guide. A few things that were odd were the mutants(?) at the start, seems a bit weird when there were none in the rest of the film and when did they move Stonehenge to North England 🤔 The CG was actually pretty damn good though.

DSC_1340.JPG

Guide to the whether it's a 1st time watch or re-watch: (r) = Re-watch; (x) = First time; (w) = Watched in the last year; (?) = Honestly can't remember!; (na) = Not anime.

Afro Samurai Directors Cut (r)
Afro Samurai Resurrection (?)
Akira (w) Don't own the MF Collection version
Appleseed (r)
Armageddon (x)
Astroboy: Greatest Astro Adventures (x)
Baldr Force Exe (x)
Blood: The Last Vampire (r)
Black Blood Brothers (x)
Black Jack (x)
Bubblegum Crash (x)
Casshan: Robot Hunter (x)
Danté's Inferno (na)
Dead Leaves (x)
Dead Space: Downfall (na)
Ghost in the Shell (w)
GitS: Innocence (w)
GitS SAC: Laughing Man (x)
GitS SAC: Individual Eleven (x)
GitS SAC: Solid State Society (r)
Golgo 13: The Professional (r)
Heat Guy J (r)
Hellsing Ultimate Vols 1-4 (x)
Highlander: The Search for Vengeance (r)
Ichi (na)
Jyu-Oh-Sei (x)
Kai Doh Maru (r)
Karas: The Prophecy/Revelation (x)
Lupin the III: The Secret of Mamo (x)
Macross Plus (r)
Macross Plus the Movie (x)
Millennium Actress (r)
Naruto the Movie: 1 & 2 (x)
Negima!? Spring & Summer OVAs (x)
Neon Genesis Evangelion Death & Rebirth (r)
NGE End of Evangelion (r)
Ninja Scroll (r)
Noein: To Your Other Self (x)
Orguss 2 (x)
Origin: Spirits of the Past (r)
Otogi Zoshi (r)
Perfect Blue (w)
Psychic Wars (x)
Read or Die (r)
She: The Ultimate Weapon (r)
Shigurui: Death Frenzy (x)
Space Adventure Cobra (x)
Strait Jacket (x)
Street Fighter: Alpha (x)
Street Fighter: Alpha Generations (x)
Street Fighter: II (x)
Submarine 707 Revolution (x)
Sword for Truth (x)
Tactics (x)
Tokko (?)
Tokyo Underground (r)
Urotsukidōji: Legend of the Overfiend (r)
Urotsukidōji: Legend of the Demon Womb (r)
Vampire Wars (x)
Virus: Virus Buster Serge (x)
X (x)

Kids on the Slope
Samurai Champloo
On a Shinichiro Watanabe trip I see. I've got both on my Plan to Watch list.

Violet Evergarden (episode 6)
For me this was a bit more meh than last week. Also for some reason I keep wanting to refer to her as Violet Evergreen and deleting and correcting it every time I try to type it is getting frustrating.

Violet Evergarden (episode 6)
For me this was a bit more meh than last week. Also for some reason I keep wanting to refer to her as Violet Evergreen and deleting and correcting it every time I try to type it is getting frustrating.
And this is apparently actually from the novel that everybody (who's read it) on MAL were raving about! Some are saying it's their favourite chapter and then gave the excuse that is was rushed. Doesn't bode well for the rest of the series. I still want/need more flashback stuff.
It's still very pretty though, but a comet and an Aurora Borealis at the same time is a bit OTT!

Amagami SS Plus episodes 7–10

The Kaoru arc of episodes 7 and 8 is the best so far out of both series, for my money.

And now for another exciting installment of 'Amagami dialogue out of context':

Episode 9:
"I forgot all about something really important. Sae is going to to meet someone for an arranged marriage today!"

But fear not! It's all just a misunderstanding. Sae's not being forced into anything: the arranged marriage turns out to be...
between her dog and her cousin's dog. I'm not making this up.

A Place Further Than The Universe (Episode 7)

I've finally got around to watching this episode, and I loved it! I won't lie, I was crying at the ending. It's been a while since a show and made me invested in characters this much. I like how they managed to characterize a bunch of people we just met this episode, all with their own motivations for going back. And the ending speech with Shirase was fantastic, to what she said and the audience cheering at the end.

Laid-back Camp (Episode 7)

Another lovely episode. It continue's Rin and Nadeshiko camping together, and it was adorable. This show is so comfy, the moments when they eat or drink something warm it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy myself. We learn how Rin got into camping, we learn more about Nadeshiko before she moved and we were introduced to two new characters, one seems like she may return in the future (they mention she's starting a teaching job at their school).

Back