Your viewing journal

Despite owning them, I never actually did get around to watching the Gurren Lagann films, mostly because I was unaware of any changes. Will have to change that!
Having left quite a large gap of time between my viewing of the series and the films, the only notable change in the films I noticed was the addition of a scene with Nia and Yoko's nipples.

So yeah, get on that.

Basilisk: The Ouka Ninja Scrolls episode 6 Ooo a timeskip, that'll make things interesting.

Ace Attorney episodes 5-13 (On-Hold. Liking this so far but I'll wait for them to dub the second half or the season.)

Aho Girl! episodes 1-12 (Complete. This was really funny for the most part. It doesn't have any depth but was very entertaining nonetheless.) 3.5/5

Well I just finished Shamballa. To put it short, I thought it was okay, the thing I still disliked was, what was on the other side.
I enjoyed that the brothers were reunited at the end of the movie. I think it would've been better if it was someplace else, rather than Earth. Or maybe use some other characters? - instead of real life ones, idk. And where was the "other side" Mustang? Would've like to see him, and how Ed would react to it.

Regardless, I still like the first series very much, and the movie can be viewed once in a while. I just hope that I'll still be able to watch '03 and Shamballa after Brotherhood :D
Now I gotta take a little break from FMA, that way I won't be burned out on Brotherhood, and watch Soul Eater or Eden of the East. Which one would be best?
Well Soul Eater is great up until the last few episodes when like FMA it has an anime only ending that sucks ass.
EotE I remember being quite good, the two films were as well. Depends what you're looking for really.

DARLING in the FRANXX eps 3+4
I feel embarrassed I didn't consciously pick up on this before, but the robots in this are hand-drawn, aren't they? No wonder they look so dynamic.

(Really enjoying this series.)

The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan ep 4
... aka 'Kyon's words of wisdom'. These made me smile:

"Taniguchi, if your hopes are too high, your despair will deepen."

"Taniguchi, resignation can prevent you from feeling pointless suffering."

Takagi #3

Nice change of scenery not just stuck in a classroom! But those random 3 girls are still the best parts of these episodes.

Rumbling Hearts #6-7
"Well if it isn't the back stabbing bitch".

What. Am. I. Even. Watching...?

Junji Ito collection 4

Still not feeling this, first story seemed like it was meant to be more creepy than it was but second story is my favourite so far. Still seemed like it could of done with ramping up the creepoid factor though.

Basilisk the ouka ninja scrolls 3

Better than the previous 2, looking forward to the time skip whenever that pops up.

Darling in the FRANX 2

Enjoying this so far currently.

Looks like I maybe the only one that had FRANXX do nothing for me. Not compelled in the slightest to watch #2. Haven't watched Evergarden since #2 and now tempted to drop Magus Bride... all these hype anime not delivering.

Looks like I maybe the only one that had FRANXX do nothing for me. Not compelled in the slightest to watch #2. Haven't watched Evergarden since #2 and now tempted to drop Magus Bride... all these hype anime not delivering.
FranXX took a few episodes to get going for me.

Fate/Extra Last Encore (Episodes 1-3)

I'm enjoying this so far. You you tell it's a SHAFT production with it's bizarre editing and directing making everything seem even more surreal and head tilts. I was also very confused about what was even happening at first but going through the episodes a second time I think i'm getting it . I'm also playing through the PSP game at the moment and this is really different. Red Saber is amazing, she's adorable and energetic, a nice contrast from the Saber from F/SN. Also UMU! If there is one thing that i'm disappointed in, it's the fight in episode 3. It was over way too soon, and not much even happened in it. Which is a shame, because I really like this Rider from the game, and thought she needed more screen time here.

The OP & ED for this show are great as well. The songs are great, and the animation in the OP is fluid and nice to watch. It's a bit weird that it's just Saber fighting nothing, but apparently it's going to evolve through the course of the series.

A Place Further Than the Universe ep 7 (Twice, again!!)
Another great episode with the same great mix of emotions as always. We meet some new people and learn of their motivations. The journey itself takes a pause, but seems back up and running next episode.

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san ep 6
It's summer break, but Nishikata still can't escape from the teasing.

Dagashi Kashi s2 e3
Not as funny as the last episode, but I still liked it. The flashback was cool. 12 mins seemed too short this week.

I dropped Franxx ep 2 and don’t regret
I put it on hold after 2 to see how people here react. Seems to have improved a bit (the MAL score also went back up a bit). But it's a 2 cour so it could dip again.

Black Clover episode 19 Insert tragic villan backstory here. He totally won't become a supporting character later on (not that I'm complaining.)

Overlord II episode 6 Sebas is pretty awesome,'nuff said.

Ajin: Demi-Human episodes 1-13 (Complete. An intriguing set up for the second season, this first cour gives us the Main character and antagonist. The narrative is straightforward, but engaging. I get Tokyo Ghoul vibes from the plight of the Ajin and the organisation trying to eradicate them. I look forward to acquiring the second season should/when AL release it.) 4/5

Back