Your viewing journal

Will post them then! I think the ending was okay to the series, although I didn't like the sudden turn
on what was behind the gate, in like the second/third last episodes.
I know the series caught up to the manga, and had to "make" their own decisions, but still, I liked it and interested to see how it ends.
They dropped the ball with the gate twist, FMAB does it much better. I'm also curious what your thoughts will be, since it's a series I love dearly.

Man I really wanna watch Gurren Lagann again but I'm already so behind on the things I'm supposed to be watching ;_; Maybe I should finally watch the movies though as I've yet to actually see them.

Anyhoo

Hunter x Hunter - Episodes 86 - 90 - BISKY!!! That said, I don't think even she could save another bunch of boring training episodes >_> I mean the part with Bisky training Killua was pretty interesting due to what she said to him but still.
Hopefully we get back to the good stuff real soon. Also, and this may be a tad controversial, there's times in this show where I really don't like Gon, like he just really annoys me so much sometimes lol my mate couldn't believe it when I said that to him.
I'm in the same mind, for me Gon is one of the less interesting characters in the series, and I liked it more when the focus was on another of the MCs

Oh, definitely. I'm a big fan of them (particularly the second one). There's quite a lot of new stuff in them; the second film diverges from the events of the series and actually creates a new continuity.
I'm pretty sure that several characters that died in the final battle survive in the second film right?

I also think I'll like Brotherhood better, since I already know some of the things that are different from the '03 series. But I've read that it was better to watch the '03 series first, then Brotherhood, that way I got to appreciate the first series more. I gotta say, I liked it. Currently rewatching Pokémon the First Movie, so it'll either be after that one or tomorrow I see it.
That's exactly the right thing to do. I saw Brotherhood first and when FMA diverged at first I was fascinated but that soon turned to frustration. I detail my problems with the series in the controversial anime opinions thread but TL;DR I still really like the series, but it falls apart towards the end IMO.

I'm pretty sure that several characters that died in the final battle survive in the second film right?
That's absolutely bang-on.

It allows them to participate in the final showdown in a bunch of new mecha. (Well, metaphysical mecha or whatever!)

I think I actually prefer the films' continuity.

That's absolutely bang-on.

It allows them to participate in the final showdown in a bunch of new mecha. (Well, metaphysical mecha or whatever!)

I think I actually prefer the films' continuity.
I think I'll watch the films for the first time when I come to watch GL since that was actually one of my peeves with the ending. Wish they'd have killed Rossiu in some of those characters' place. To quote South Park "He's a dick!"

Despite owning them, I never actually did get around to watching the Gurren Lagann films, mostly because I was unaware of any changes. Will have to change that!

The Ancient Magus Bride-Episode 18

I did kind of like how the roles were reversed in this episode, although I can't say I'm too thrilled about them teasing the return of that pretty forgettable villain. At least it will give the show some semblance of a plot that it so desperately needs right now.

Gakuen Babysitters-Episode 6

Kotaro delivering the lunch was genuinely one of the best scenes in the show so far, adorable yet genuinely quite funny at the same time.

Mitchiri Neko-Episode 7

This totally not horror anime featured several cats trying to rip the skin off of another cat. David Cronenberg couldn't even make this up!

Kakegurui-Episodes 1-3

Will Ryota ever actually do anything? Find out on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z Kakegurui!

Glad I did it too, was afraid I wouldn't be able to watch the first series, since it's OOP and hard to come by for a reasonable price (I dislike LEs/CEs with big cardboard boxes, that's why I didn't get the UK ones). I held off a little on whether or not I should start Brotherhood, before I got the first series, but a couple of days after, I purchased it from a user here :D
I really liked the show up until the turn with the gate, and with that being said, I don't think I'll like Shamballa all that much (still gonna enjoy it, I hope) but am interested to see what happens.
I hope you find something to enjoy. I thought it was terrible.

Same here, for most of he first episode I was like “what have I decided to watch this for?”
This seems to be what a few people have said about the series. It looks like a fun time waster which is sometimes exactly what I feel like binge-watching.

Wish they'd have killed . . . in some of those characters' place.
It's interesting, because I think that writer Kazuki Nakashima succeeds in getting you to sympathise with him even after turning him into the villain of the piece. (Especially with the whole attempted suicide plotline.)

Nakashima's really good at tugging the viewer in different directions, I think — just like with some of the shock developments in Kill la Kill, which he also wrote.

It's interesting, because I think that writer Kazuki Nakashima succeeds in getting you to sympathise with him even after turning him into the villain of the piece. (Especially with the whole attempted suicide plotline.)

Nakashima's really good at tugging the viewer in different directions, I think — just like with some of the shock developments in Kill la Kill, which he also wrote.
Yeah the writer does make him sympathetic, and he does get to grit his teeth via Simons' fist and eventually snaps out of it, but I still thought he was a dick. Maybe a rewatch will change my opinion.

Back