Your viewing journal

Ping Pong - Episodes 1 - 5 (Blu-ray)

Still as gripping and compelling as it was first time round.

Darling in the Franxx - Episode 5

A great episode, definitely on the right track now!

Darling in the FranXX episode 5 Oh lawd there's trouble a-brewing. The setup in this episode is keeping things interesting.

Pop Team Epic episode 6 Not sure if this is just me but I feel this series is running out of steam. Will see how the next episode fares.

The Ancient Magus' Bride
episode 18 Well damn a lot happened this episode.

009 Re:Cyborg (Film)
This was a decent but forgettable Sci-fi that I blind bought in the AL 12 Days sale. I might check out other entries into the franchise eventually. 3/5

A Centaur's Life
episodes 1-4

Last edited:
From the last 3 days:
After the Rain ep 5
Back to a more light hearted episode after the awkwardness of last week. Akira gets on well with Kondo's son, but shows her jealous side when the rest of the staff from the restaurant start giving Kondo hamster 🐹 advice.

Ms. Koizumi Loves Ramen Noodles ep 6
Zero plot progression, not that there's been much before. But more ways to eat ramen including cold, urgh, and foreign types such as German with sauerkraut 🤮 The little German girl was cute though.

Yuru Camp△ ep 6
Not quite as good as the last episode, but good to see Rin and Nadeshiko go camping together and that lake looks stunning. Looks like the other girls from the OutClub are scouting out another site to go to.
They were actually selling Yuru Camp grill like the one seen in this episode, but I think they've sold out:
grill01.jpg

Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens ep 5
This is now a baseball anime!
A new hitman is introduced and gets the job of trying to kill the Niwaka Samurai and Lin learns something from the baseball game that helps him save Saito.

Citrus ep 6
Mei gets some answers to why her dad left and Harumi saves the day by making sure Yuzu collects Mei in time to she their father off. Their relationship seems to be getting stronger, but a new player seems to be ready to enter the field!

Kokkoku ep 6
Still moving slowly. The premise seemed really good, but they haven't done much with it.

Killing Bites ep 5
A couple of battles in this episode with a bit of a rapey scene in between, before Yuuya saves the day via Hitomi.

After the Rain (Japanese audio) - Episode 5
BEATLESS (Japanese audio) - Episode 5
Killing Bites (Japanese audio) - Episode 5
KOKKOKU: Moment by Moment (Japanese audio) - Episode 6

A Centaur's Life episodes 5-12 (Complete. A very enjoyable SoL with a solid mythology built into it to add a nice layer of depth. The characters were all likeable as well. The only complaints I have is that Episode 8 was a bit disjointed and they apparently skipped some manga content which would have added more depth-which I need to try and read. Side note: my first Funimation Now watch as part of my free trial. The dub was very well cast.) 4/5

Ace Attorney episodes 1-4

Last edited:
My mother came to visit both days this weekend to watch anime, On Saturday we finished off Chaika The Coffin Princess 19-22+OVA, and then we watched the three prequel OVA for the Ancient Magus'Bride. Today she burned through eps 1-8 of the series.

It's all about the mecha:

Gurren Lagann eps 17–25 (rewatch)
I love this second arc so much. There's just so many standout moments.

DARLING in the FRANXX eps 1+2
I've never really bothered with streaming before, but after seeing @NormanicGrav's pics of that ridiculous-looking control interface, I just had to see it in action for myself!

And guess what? It's actually a really clever show! It seems very intelligently written: there's a lot of high-concept stuff going on. The characters are interesting, and in just the first two episodes there's already so many bits of amazing design work and enigmatic ideas on display. And the action sequences really floored me: you can really feel the size and the brutal power of the FRANXX units and their enemies.

I'm really excited about where this is going to go.

Also, since I activated a Crunchyroll guest pass to watch FRANXX, I thought I'd try to get maximum value out of it, so I also watched:
The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan eps 1–3
I'm enjoying this more than I was expecting. (I once read the first volume of the manga and didn't think it was all that great.) I'm also having fun spotting situations and classic dialogue from Disappearance of Haruhi.

Gurren Lagann eps 9–12 (rewatch)

Just soaking up the little details in the animation, like in episode 9 where Simon finds the box containing Nia. When Simon runs his hand along the front of it, his fourth finger 'catches' a couple of times on the smooth surface, making it fall out of line in relation to the rest. I get excited about the subtly of little details like that, and that was the first time I'd even noticed it — on my third viewing.

Glad it's not just me that appreciates sublties in animation ;) I always think it's fun when you notice things that you didn't catch first time around.

Back