Your viewing journal

Patlabor - Original OVA - Episodes 1 - 7 [Final] (Blu-ray)

Patlabor - The Movie (Blu-ray)

I re-bought all the Patlabor anime on Blu-ray last year so now time for a long overdue rewatch. The original OVA has aged very well and is just as good as I remember it, a sublime mix of character, story, humour and mecha action. The 1st Patlabor movie remains one of all time favourite films.

Darling in the Franxx - Episode 1

I've been looking forward to this, it's a pretty standard mecha series first episode and there are clear shades of Evangelion running through it but I love the aesthetic and the world it paints. Looking forward to more.

Gunslinger Girl (complete) - despite flashes of action this series is desperately dull. I have no intrest in season 2 and probably one to the worst madhouse productions ive seen 5/10

Last edited:
7 2nd episodes:

Pop Team Epic (Dropped)
Some funny stuff, but a lot of random stuff as well. Dropped it half way through when it repeated again, again!

Slow Start (Dropped)
Fairly funny, but doesn't really seem to be going anywhere. And surely if you're ill they'll give you a dispensation to sit your exams at a later date or separate from other people!

Kokkoku
My theory last week about the ED is probably wrong seeing as he is a she. Shouko Majima is introduced in this episode and it seems that she was some how sent to an alternate world when a young girl by another young girl. Juri?

School Babysitters (Dropped)
More cute times with Ryuuichi and his pre-school charges. And some emotional scenes with the highly strung Maria.
As cute as this is, its not grabbing me as much as other stuff this season.

A Ryuo's Work is Never Done
(Dropped)
Some actual Shogi, seems to be like chess. Then Ai has a Shogi sleep-over at Yaichis with 3 friends (warning: more naked loli), cue cheap joke about him being a lol*con. And then some innuendo about him sleeping with Ai! :rolleyes:

Karakai Juz No Takagi-san
Nishikata just can't win. :D

Basilisk: The Ouka Ninja Scrolls (On Hold)
Exposition heavy and possibly giving away spoilers for the earlier series that I haven't seen. Seems there's no UK Blu-ray! The Funi version is region locked (seems no work around) and neither the French or German ones have English on them.

So that's 5 out of the 20! series I've started this season cut. So I'll probably drop or hold 5 more to make it a round 10 to keep watching.

Last edited:
Basilisk: The Ouka Ninja Scrolls episode 2

School Rumble
episodes 17-26 (Complete. A funny and solid anime series. There were some truly laugh out loud moments and the cast are likeable enough, although the relationship aspect is kind of weak in some cases, don't expect any resolution here. Overall this is decent, and recommended.) 3.5/5

A Place Further Than the Universe ep 3
Still great. Love the chemistry between the characters and the emotional shifts from funny to moving and back again.

The gangs all together now and it seems the trip is on!
_20180116_135855.JPG

Hunter x Hunter - Episodes 59-61 - So I should be trying to catch up with The Ancient Magus' Bride, but instead I decided to jump back into Hunter x Hunter. I'm still somewhat miffed that Kurapika doesn't really feature from here on out and I'm kinda unsure about this arc in general but it was still fun to watch none the less. I have 2 weeks off work so I may try and finish Hunter x Hunter in that time, that's a lot of anime in 2 weeks but I'll give it a go.

Barakamon-Episodes 1-3

Quite enjoying this so far. It's funny and well animated but seems to have more to say than your average SoL Comedy.

Cardcaptor Sakura-Episodes 36 and 37

Hmm, well that new OP and ED certainly aren't as memorable as the originals, but these were a good couple of episodes, especially Episode 37, where Tomoyo loses her voice. Really cements Sakura's friendship with her. It's nice when the AO stuff has an actual point.

Mitchiri Neko-Episode 3

Jeez, that was kinda dark. Like, several cats die in this episode, eaten no less! Most shocking tonal swerve since School-Live!

Overlord Season 2-Episode 1

Dammit, I didn't sign up for a lizard RomCom, where's my Skeleman?!

Black Clover-Episode 15

*snore*

Paranoia Agent eps 1-5
I thought I knew, sort of, what was going on, then episode 5 happened?!

Nobunaga Concerto ep 1
Seems interesting and funny enough to keep going. The character animation is little jerky like they're puppets, might be intentional I suppose.

A Place further Than The Universe ep 3
Seems like its moving along faster than I expected. Funny and...well...nice. Felt very reminiscent of days gone by (a long time ago) so enjoyed.

Slow Start (ep 2)
I agree with what @D1tchd1gger said that it doesn't really seem to be going anywhere, but "going somewhere" doesn't seem to be the point in this case. It feels like the focus is on the interactions with the characters and not on any actual plot (which isn't a bad thing). Was quite amusing that though and I was expecting to drop it but I think I'll give it a chance.

Overlord 1 (ep 2 - 5)
This is interesting and does seem to have plot. I like to have two or three series on the go, and at least one of them where you don't have to take your brain. Working through them at a couple of episodes a night (which is slow for me but blame Skyrim...again) I'll probably let the Overlord II build up so I can watch it through.

Paranoia Agent eps 6-8
Boy episode 8 is a something. Funny and tragic all at once. Seems episode 5 was a fake out, as the 'Lil Slugger they had in custody wasn't the real one.

Nobunaga Concerto eps 2-4
Not completely historically accurate, but still interesting.

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

"With great power comes great responsibility"

Fate/Apocrypha ep1

Go-lion seems like a cool guy, but it's probably a bit early to form much of an opinion on the show. On the face of it, it certainly seems a lot lighter in tone than Zero.

Back