Your viewing journal

New Game!! complete
An emotional end to a very good season. A better season than the first as it introduced characters as rivals to Aoba and Nene (although resolved in a cute and friendly manner) and also showed a side to Yagami not seen in the first season. If I could give decimal points on MAL season 1 would get a 7.5 and season 2 an 8.5, but as it is both are 8s.

Im a fan of GITS but hates innocence. I found it pretentious nonsense with long philosophical BS thrown in to make it seem smarter than it actually is. In short it kinda sucks though it looks rather good at least.

The more supposedly pretentious and philosophical people think a certain anime is, the more I love said anime... :cool:

Last edited:
Sound Euphonium (episode 1)
Need a new slice-of-life series so started on this one. Would've watched a few but ended up in bed knackered. I enjoyed what I saw but the main character reminds me of Ui Hirasawa from K-On. That's not a bad thing, but it made me keep thinking about K-On which I found quiet distracting. See what the rest is like then.

Girls und Panzer episodes 1-12 (Complete. A cute and enjoyable anime about tank battles. It's a bizarre concept that works quite well, and It's cast, story and action is also very solid. (3.5/5)

Haganai
episodes 1-4

The Case of Hana and Alice. This feels more like a live action movie than an anime, and one of the better ones at that. The way the characters move, how the film is shot, the dialogue, everything about this screams out 'live action movie'. I was surprised to find it is only partially rotascoped, I honestly thought the entire thing was. Even though I find the lead character to be somewhat annoying, she is annoying in a way that is realistic for a teenager and not in a mean spirited way, so I can still enjoy watching her adventures. A surprising little gem of a movie.

Yuru Yuri-Episodes 1-4

I should've watched this way sooner. The gimmick of Akari being the main character yet having no presence and frequently being ignored is way funnier than it should be.

Castle Town Dandelion-Episode 12 (Complete)

Glad to get that out the way.

Boruto: Naruto next Generations episode 36

Black Clover
episode 10

Food Wars! The Third Plate episode 10

Haganai
episodes 5-12 (Complete. This was a pretty meh anime, that didn't really keep me that engaged. It's a cool premise but the characters and story just didn't click with me until the second half. From there the series is more enjoyable and fun, but overall I wasn't all that impressed. Maybe a rewatch in the future might improve my opinion of it. I'll probably check out season 2 eventually as well, though I know how the overall LN series ends and it's pretty meh.) 2.5/5

Hellsing (Rewatch) episodes 1-13 (Complete. A very enjoyable series, and despite it being overshadowed by Ultimate it has an ambient and distinct atmosphere. It takes itself more seriously and portrays the characters differently. It feels more grounded, where Ultimate is more grandiose and action-packed. Their contrast compliments each other nicely.) 4/5

Lu Over the Wall (sub at the cinema)
A mash up of Ponyo with elements of A Letter to Momo and a hint of Yellow Submarine. Brilliantly trippy in many places with a very good sound track.

Wolf Children (dub)
"I'm not crying, it's just rain"

Ergo Proxy (dub) eps 1-3
I think understand what's going on, I think!

Inuyashiki Last Hero (Japanese audio) - Episode 9
King's Game the Animation (Japanese audio) - Episode 10

Oh boy these two episodes. Inuyashiki is bonkers and this episode actually shocked me. King's Game on the other hand has decisions which are so stupid but you just can't help watch the insanity that happens.

Frozen (Japanese Language w/English Subtitles)

Love this film. Third rewatch

For me one of the stronger LGBT Disney films, For the First time in Forever and Let it Go being two songs that always make me think :(

Quoted from For the first time in forever
Don't let them in, don't let them see. Be the good girl you always have to be.
Conceal don't feel, put on a show, make one wrong move and everyone will know.

While its understandable that this should be taken (in the context of the film) Elsa needs to control her magic, the meaning of both these songs can also be seen as how Family/Friends isolate or control LGBT people to be seen as /Normal/ to society

Also... Someones going to point out this isn't anime and should be put in the Films Section. Yep but I try and keep the two media together for Viewing Journal things. Especially when I've watched them dubbed in Japanese

Yuru Yuri-Episodes 5-12 (Complete)

RIP AKARI #NEVERFORGET

Inuyashki-Episode 9

Absolutely brutal. I was half expecting that baby to get shot in the face from the phone. Unsure if what actually happened was any better...

Back