Your viewing journal

Went to see Justice League at the pictures.
Interestingly I went with the sole objective of slating it informatively. Somewhat surprisingly I ended up enjoying it. They did cut a hour out of it and will probably attempt to make their money up by releasing about four different versions on blu ray (as they did with Watchmen). Enjoyed it though, and they set it up for a proper Green Lantern film. If they just follow First Flight they would make a decent film, probably the best DC one so far. Didn't like The Flash's character but I get they were trying very hard to distance the characters from the TV counterparts. Still didn't like the fact he was an idiot though.

Paprika (rewatch, first time in HD)

This film is truly one of my favourite things in this world. Even just that opening title sequence alone is just so...

I honestly can't even describe it.

+ some One Punch Man extras. Yay!

Gonna Be the Twin-Tail!! (Japanese audio) - Episodes 5-8

This show entertains me.

Note: For the best Twin-Tail!! experience, watch the Blu-ray version as the TV Broadcast had a fair amount of animation issues. This also includes the Crunchyroll stream as they initially simulcasted the series for European territories before they extended the regions with Funimation's added zones.

Examples:

TV Broadcast/Crunchyroll stream:
CDm4HZjWMAMqRRK.jpg

Blu-ray version:

CDm4K9iW8AA5pYH.png

CDm4HQuW0AAtXwg.jpg

Blu-ray version:
CDm4LjZW0AAFXtq.png

Inuyashiki-Episode 6

Will admit the power shown towards the end of this episode with the whole shooting invisible bullets through the internet to be far fetched even by this world's standards. Still, bloody fantastic episode, no pun intended. This show is really gripping.

Girls' Last Tour-Episode 7

This show is too damn pure for its own good!

Blend S-Episode 7

I LIVE FOR TANNED KAHO

The Ancient Magus' Bride-Episode 7

Talk about going from 0 to 100 in a few seconds. That really caught me off guard.

4 down, 6 to go, then I'll be caught up with everything I've missed with being busy! Love Live, BBB&B, Umaru S2, UQ Holder, Black Clover and Food Wars S3 all await me tomorrow.

A couple more from the Manga Force Collection.

Negima!? Spring & Summer OVAs (dub)
Blimey that's some harem the prof. has there, I counted 30+ names in the credits! Both were fan service episodes, a beach episode and an onsen episode and as I haven't seen the original series meant nothing to me. Only took a couple of minutes to find out why it was a 15 though.

_20171121_151528.JPG

Submarine 707 Revolution (dub)
A man wants to clean the ocean by sinking a load of ships! The end hinted at more, so I guess they never finished adapting the manga. Some tense moments in the one on one battle at the end after the rest of the fleet was sunk, but overall nothing great.

DSC_0222.JPG

Guide to the whether it's a 1st time watch or re-watch: (r) = Re-watch; (x) = First time; (w) = Watched in the last year; (?) = Honestly can't remember!; (na) = Not anime.

Afro Samurai Directors Cut (r)
Afro Samurai Resurrection (?)
Akira (w) Don't own the MF Collection version
Appleseed (r)
Armageddon (x)
Astroboy: Greatest Astro Adventures (x)
Baldr Force Exe (x)
Blood: The Last Vampire (r)
Black Blood Brothers (x)
Black Jack (x)
Bubblegum Crash (x)
Casshan: Robot Hunter (x)
Danté's Inferno (na)
Dead Leaves (x)
Dead Space: Downfall (na)
Ghost in the Shell (w)
GitS: Innocence (w)
GitS SAC: Laughing Man (x)
GitS SAC: Individual Eleven (x)
GitS SAC: Solid State Society (r)
Golgo 13: The Professional (r)
Heat Guy J (r)
Hellsing Ultimate Vols 1-4 (x)
Highlander: The Search for Vengeance (r)
Ichi (na)
Jyu-Oh-Sei (x)
Kai Doh Mar (r)
Karas: The Prophecy/Revelation (x)
Lupin the III: The Secret of Mamo (?)
Macross Plus (r)
Macross Plus the Movie (?)
Millennium Actress (r)
Naruto the Movie: 1 & 2 (x)
Negima!? Spring & Summer OVAs (x)
Neon Genesis Evangelion Death & Rebirth (r)
NGE End of Evangelion (r)
Ninja Scroll (r)
Noein: To Your Other Self (x)
Orguss 2 (x)
Origin: Spirits of the Past (r)
Otogi Zoshi (r)
Perfect Blue (w)
Psychic Wars (x)
Read or Die (r)
She: The Ultimate Weapon (r)
Shigurui (x)
Space Adventure Cobra (x)
Strait Jacket (x)
Street Fighter: Alpha (x)
Street Fighter: Alpha Generations (x)
Street Fighter: II (x)
Submarine 707 Revolution (x)
Sword for Truth (x)
Tactics (x)
Tokko (?)
Tokyo Underground (r)
Urotsukidōji: Legend of the Overfiend (r)
Urotsukidōji: Legend of the Demon Womb (r)
Vampire Wars (x)
Virus: Virus Buster Serge (x)
X (x)

Juni Taisen: Zodiac War ep 8 (sub)
Nearly 100% flashback, second part of Dragon and Snake (my Chinese Zodiac sign BTW).

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (sub - didn't realise there was a dub!)
Great film. I remember going to the cinema to see it and some people laughed at the flying/floating parts :rolleyes:

Band of Brothers eps 9-10
Finished. Bloody hell these guys went through a lot.

Last edited:
Juni Taisen ep8

Much as it fills in a lot of character, that was not one of the more entertaining episodes. Also I suppose going on the show's general structure, Dragon's imminent death is now far more likely.

Very nice. Is that a card for A Silent Voice at the top of your pic, with the artwork that's on the front of AL's release?

Hah, well spotted! Rather than do them individually, I just photographed all three cards I got at once:

DPGe7pvX4AEGyoA.jpg:large

Last edited:
CDm4HQuW0AAtXwg.jpg
What the... fudge?! Oh my god, that's killing me! :D

Negima!? Spring & Summer OVAs (dub)
Blimey that's some harem the prof. has there, I counted 30+ names in the credits! Both were fan service episodes, a beach episode and an onsen episode and as I haven't seen the original series meant nothing to me.
I highly, highly recommend the 26-episode series that this spawned. It's genuinely one of the funniest things I've even seen. "In a good way." ;)

https://myanimelist.net/anime/1546/Negima

I give it the full 10/10.

Beyond the Boundary movie 1: Past
I thought this was actually pretty decent for a highlights film. It's very obvious that it's a highlights film, though: it started to become quite amusing how, every time it cut back to Mirai and Akihito, they always seemed to be battered and bruised from yet another battle we'd just missed!

Pretty impressive that it got to the content of episode 10 after only about 38 minutes, though. :eek:

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia episode 3 with Japanese commentary
Thank goodness we've now got the lead male seiyuu in the booth. Not sure I could've handled another solo commentary!

Back