Your viewing journal

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia episodes 5–7 (rewatch)

+ episodes 1+2 with Japanese commentary. Okay, so whose idea was it to do a commentary track for every single episode, using just the main Japanese voice actress by herself talking about the show and reading Twitter comments? Hmm...

Hellsing Ultimate Vol III
Seems to be a different problem in each OVA, with the main plot moving very slowly each time.

_20171110_203248.JPG

Kokoro Connect (sub) eps 1-4
Body swap show, but among a group of 5 rather than 2 people. Seems to be a plot device to generate drama rather than comedy, but there are a few laughs. Always takes me a while to get names down and the body swapping made it a bit more difficult, but I think I'm there now. Next episode sounds intriguing.

Band of Brothers ep 1-2
Now on Sky box sets, I missed it when new, but did see The Pacific. It was hard to get used to David Schwimmer as a hard ass Captain after knowing him as Ross all this time.

C control (complete) - This series deserves credit for trying new ideas but they never seemed to mesh very well. In one part its battle shounen and then another we have economics and the power of money. Not an awful series but the end was very ambiguous never really feeling resolved. 6/10

Samurai Champloo eps 5-10 - This series is really fun, I love the characters and its extremely well animated and super fluid in fight scenes. I can see myself picking up a copy at some point. I think this is the first Manglobe show I've liked.

Just Because ep 6

Recovery of an MMO Junkie ep 6

Girls last tour ep 6 -
Probably the strongest episode so far, really good

Black Lagoon (Rewatch) episodes 10-24. (Complete. A superb action series with great characters and set-pieces, built upon the foundations of violence and brutal crime. It's very thought provoking at times and is one of my top 10 anime. I'm happy to see the manga is picking up slowly so maybe there'll be another season eventually. Now I need to watch Roberta's Blood Trail...) 4.5/5

Last edited:
Plastic Little

Really enjoyed watching this OVA, Animation was well done and loved the designs. Also a nice level of Cel drawn nudity, Guess I can say that ;)
7/10 (8/10 for artwork)

Black Magic M-66

On the same DVD as Plastic Little was Black Magic M-66. Terminator meets anime? Some great action from this one. While I do think the droid designs could have been a little better, still non-less a good watch
6/10

Eureka Seven-Episodes 35 and 36

So tomorrow is the last day of the Early Bird for the UE and I'm still kind of on the fence about if I want it or not...

Love Live! Sunshine!! Season 2-Episode 6

W E L C O M E T O H E L L Z O N E

Blend S-Episode 6

The Ancient Magus' Bride-Episode 6

Hmm, this week was slow even by this show's standards. Oh, and someone give that fairy lady a better fitting dress. I'm pretty sure the only thing keeping her chest in was sheer force of will.

Juni Taisen: Zodiac War ep6

Man, I've been willing them to kill off Monkey for weeks, but now that it's actually happened, my feelings on the matter are more mixed than expected

Overall I still think it's for the best though; the show's nihilistic outlook is a big part of what makes it interesting.

Eps 15-26 of Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (re-watch completed)...i shall re-watch the movie tomorrow.

Seriously Wolf Flakken isn't in this enough
WPw8pKGl.jpg

The Ancient Magus' Bride episode 6

Bleach (Rewatch) episodes 1-14 Finally watching my Blu Ray sets up to episode 63. Once I'm done I might do a mini review on the three available sets and post it here somewhere for those who are interested in upgrading.
So far the picture quality looks a fair bit better than the Viz DVDs, but the way the early parts of the series were animated leaves some scenes looking kind of blurry, especially outdoor scenes in the spirit realm. Thus even though the transfer of said scenes looks clearer and more detailed, it's still not perfect

Last edited:
Ep 6 of The Ancient Magus' Bride...a nice slow, relaxing episode.
Ep 6 of Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond...can't believe we're already halfway through. Plus loved all the faces Steven pulled in this one :D
9cb4cDkl.jpg

klPqoO4l.jpg

zGjwMz7l.jpg

Hellsing Ultimate Vol IV
The bad guys finally make their full intentions known.
DSC_0223.JPG
Last one from the Manga Force Collection.

Guide to the whether it's a 1st time watch or re-watch: (r) = Re-watch; (x) = First time; (w) = Watched in the last year; (?) = Honestly can't remember!; (na) = Not anime.

Afro Samurai Directors Cut (r)
Afro Samurai Resurrection (?)
Akira (w) Don't own the MF Collection version
Appleseed (r)
Armageddon (x)
Astroboy: Greatest Astro Adventures (x)
Baldr Force Exe (x)
Blood: The Last Vampire (r)
Black Blood Brothers (x)
Black Jack (x)
Bubblegum Crash (x)
Casshan: Robot Hunter (x)
Danté's Inferno (na)
Dead Leaves (x)
Dead Space: Downfall (na)
Ghost in the Shell (w)
GitS: Innocence (w)
GitS SAC: Laughing Man (x)
GitS SAC: Individual Eleven (x)
GitS SAC: Solid State Society (r)
Golgo 13: The Professional (r)
Heat Guy J (r)
Hellsing Ultimate Vols 1-4 (x)
Highlander: The Search for Vengeance (r)
Ichi (na)
Jyu-Oh-Sei (x)
Kai Doh Mar (r)
Karas: The Prophecy/Revelation (x)
Lupin the III: The Secret of Mamo (?)
Macross Plus (r)
Macross Plus the Movie (?)
Millennium Actress (r)
Naruto the Movie: 1 & 2 (x)
Negima!? Spring & Summer OVAs (x)
Neon Genesis Evangelion Death & Rebirth (r)
NGE End of Evangelion (r)
Ninja Scroll (r)
Noein: To Your Other Self (x)
Orguss 2 (x)
Origin: Spirits of the Past (r)
Otogi Zoshi (r)
Perfect Blue (w)
Psychic Wars (x)
Read or Die (r)
She: The Ultimate Weapon (r)
Shigurui (x)
Space Adventure Cobra (x)
Strait Jacket (x)
Street Fighter: Alpha (x)
Street Fighter: Alpha Generations (x)
Street Fighter: II (x)
Submarine 707 Revolution (x)
Sword for Truth (x)
Tactics (x)
Tokko (?)
Tokyo Underground (r)
Urotsukidōji: Legend of the Overfiend (r)
Urotsukidōji: Legend of the Demon Womb (r)
Vampire Wars (x)
Virus: Virus Buster Serge (x)
X (x)

Kokoro Connect eps 5-7
This show's an emotional roller-coaster.

Well, this weekend I watched Kiniro Mosaic and Testament of Sister New Devil .

So one Cute Girls Doing Cute Things, and one Cute Girls Doing Lewd Things.

As you can imagine, there was quite the contrast.

The Wind Rises
A good film about the passion of a man persuing his dream interrupted by a romance based on someone elses life (it would make a good film of its own The Wind Has Risen - Wikipedia).

I would have liked some date stamps to work out where we were within his life and although some characters talk about how bad war is/was I would have liked more of Jiros (the real one) thoughts on it from his diary: "We were convinced that surely our government had in mind some diplomatic measures which would bring the conflict to a halt before the situation became catastrophic for Japan. But now, bereft of any strong government move to seek a diplomatic way out, we are being driven to doom. Japan is being destroyed. I cannot do [anything] other but to blame the military hierarchy and the blind politicians in power for dragging Japan into this hellish cauldron of defeat."

The animation was, of course, really good.

Last edited:
Back