Your viewing journal

Wanna be the Strongest in the World, Episodes 1 - 6

Actually started watching this again a couple of weeks ago, but didn't manage to keep up with it by time it was taken down.

My First Girlfriend is a Gal
, Episode 10 [Completed]

I think without the English Dub to carry me through I probably wouldn't have gotten through it, what a terrible bunch of people.

Clean Freak! Aoyama kun, Episodes 10 - 12 [Completed]

It truly was one of those shows that lacked any real consistency, some episodes were mildly entertaining, others failed to hold my interest.

New Game!!, Episodes 4 - 7

Birdy the Might Decode season 2 - ep 1-4 continuing on from season 1 this is still a good and very underrated series

Zodiac Wars ep2

Food Wars the third plate ep3

Juni Taisen: Zodiac War ep 2
Looks like dog bite off more than he could chew!
IIRC Rat wins in the Chinese story of the race. Don't know if that would be too obvious for the writers, but always watch out for the quiet ones

31 Days of Halloween Day 11: Pulse (2001, Kiyoshi Kurosawa) This was an intriguing J-Horror dealing with the supernatural and early computers. Like many J Horrors it has an uneasy quietness to it that many of today's American Horrors replace with jumpsares and ott soundtracks.

Black Clover
episode 2 "I'm gonna be the wizard king, believe it!"

Boruto: Naruto next Generations
episode 28 This arc is looking to be decent so far.

Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse episodes 3-24 (Complete. A solid mecha anime with good leads and secondary characters, but nothing groundbreaking story-wise.) 3.5/5

The Ancient Magus' Bride episode 1 This is shaping up to be very interesting, liking the concept so far.

Last edited:
Danganronpa: The Animation ep3-4

I was always more interested in playing the game than watching the series, but this seems fine enough. Not entirely sure that the artstyle transfers all that well to animation though - something about the main character's hair bothers me.

Seraph of the End ep3-4

There's some nice touches to the animation, as you'd expect from WIT, but this seems decidedly mediocre otherwise, with the characterisation particularly lacking.

The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-Chan Ep 1-4
The animation style is a little off putting, not bad, just not as good as the main series. And Nagato is now positively chatty even compared to the alternative reality version in the film which is supposed to be the reality of this series, or is this a third reality because Kyon doesn't know of Haruhi. Oh and speaking of, after the first two episodes I was kinda bummed to see her turn up as more than a cameo as her personality takes over everyone elses and then she threw a spanner in the works in episode 4. I was like you've had 2 seasons and a movie it Nagatos turn, I mean it's her name in the title!

Also the Funimation app on the PS4 sucks, I signed up for the free trail as there are a few dubs I wanted to watch, but now I'm definitely going to have to cram them into the 14 days I've got as no way am I going to pay for it if that's how it performs!

Last edited:
Black Clover - Episode 2
This was basically a recap of the first episode :p

King's Game - Episode 2
Oh my, this was just plain terrible. A serious contestant for worst anime episode ever. After the less than stellar first episode I was prepared for some unlogical decisions and plot holes/mistakes, but it turned out even worse.

Juni Taisen: Zodiac War - Episode 2
Slightly more enjoyable episode than the first, the awkward exposition really drags it down, though. For some reason it's really easy to figure out who is going to die that episode. Also, I was kind of disappointed that they aren't fighting inside the tower.

31 Days of Halloween Day 12: Saw (2004, James Wan) The original in a long line of sequels, I've decided to rewatch the series in preparation for Jigsaw. This is a pretty damn good film for the most part, and that twist at the end was great. Shamalyan wishes he could make one this good. Considering how little budget they had, and the 18 days they had to shoot it's amazing to see where this franchise started

Popee the Performer
episodes 26-39 (Complete. This was one Random and zany 3D anime. Kind of like an even more demented Itchy and Scratchy. Had me laughing a lot of the time so it did its job well. All the episodes are available in one video on YouTube, I recommend checking them out.) 3.5/5

King's Game The Animation-Episode 2

This still isn't doing a whole lot for me. Its supposed to be a horror anime but really it's mostly just a bunch of people being assholes to each other. I think there's some potential in the concept, the execution is just really lacking.

Inayushiki-Episode 1

This was ... bizarre. Which I mean as the highest compliment.

Encouragement of Climb Season 2-Episode 10

Juni Taisen: Zodiac War ep1

Having gone into this with virtually no idea what it was beyond the CR page thumbnail, that was kind of endearingly trashy, like an exploitation-grade action movie. I feel like it ought to come in a battered VHS case and be preceeded by the old Manga Video bumper. I just hope it has courage in its convictions and continues with its nihilistic atmosphere - if this is a bait and switch before we get a 'hero team', I may be disappointed.

New Game!!, Episode 8

Love is Like a Cocktail, Episodes 1 - 2

Nice to have a show like this around, always a fan of these kinds of shows. Hopefully some cocktails with Whiskey/Bourbon in at some point.

Onyankopon, Episode 1

I like to think I have a good handle on any anime that comes out...then something like Onyankopon comes out. I kind of want to see where this continues to go!

Space Patrol Luluco, Episodes 1 - 3

March comes in like a lion - Episode 01

March may come in like a lion, this show does not. The first episode is about nothing, nothing of consequence really happens, there's no discernable plot of indeed anything commentable upon. It is the epitome of style over substance. Ostensibly at least, March is a show about a sad guy who plays shogi and is oh so very sad. Sad, sad, sad, sad, sad, sad, sad -- Did we mention he's sad? Well, if you didn't pick up on the fact he's sad here, the not one but two extended mopey travelling sequences should have given it away, that and the fact he always looks like a Lemon, because apparently its impossible to imply things without implying them so frequently it becomes patronising.

He's bland as hell, and quite frankly, I can't even remember his name, so I'm going to refer to him as Sad Sack from here on out. The episode consists of him being sad and playing a match of shogi, and then being sad and eating dinner at a friend's house. That's if you look at the plot. In actuality the episode consists almost entirely of random shots of water, him mopily travelling places and random indoor bursts of wind catching his hair. Most of the episode's runtime is just arty affectations which add very little to it.

Unfortunately, the show is obsessed with Sad Sack, to the extent that we learn almost nothing about anyone else, and generally about their relationship with him. It can barely even sustain his self-obsessed naval-gazing for even a single chapter before reaching self-parody. The comparison between Sad Sack beating his father at shogi and a student on the news who beat his father to death with a hammer is presumably supposed to highlight the importance of shogi in Sad Sack's life but only serves to highlight how obsessed the show is with him and itself.

I think it's supposed to be a comedy, but the seeming comedy elements are pitched so over the top and broad that it completely contradicts the rest of the show. And the episode's huge dramatic ending is that a fat kid stole his mail?! If you're looking for a show with all the trappings of an arthouse film but the subtlety of Adam Sandler, March is seemingly the show for you.

Forgot to mention these two yesterday but I was busy doing some web programming:

DL9KEqFW0AALJbw.jpg

Amanchu!
(Japanese audio) - OVA
Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya (Japanese audio) - Episodes 7-8

Back