Your viewing journal

Black Clover - Episode 1
Blend S - Episode 1
Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond - Episode 1
Konohana Kitan - Episode 1
Recovery of an MMO Junkie - Episode 1

Children of the Whale ep1 - a very solid first episode with some gorgeous art and a nice soundtrack. I think this is going to be a very good series.

Yeah 31 Days of Halloween Day 9: George A Romero's Dawn of the Dead (1978, George A Romero) A classic and a genre defining masterpiece made by a superb director, May his legacy live on.

Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse episodes 1-2

Decided to try and watch more seasonal anime so...

Dies Irae episode 0 This was a total blur but I'll check out the series for sure. A Battle Royale type scenario with no clear protagonist makes for an interesting concept.

Black Clover episode 1 Asta better stop shouting all the time otherwise this is gonna get tedious. He reminds me of young Naruto at his worst, no wonder comparisons are being made.

Blood Blockade Battlefront and Beyond
episode 1 It's been a hot minute since I watched the first season, but I quickly remembered what made this series so enjoyable. So glad this got a second season! Also; "Double X!!!"

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya ep 12-19 (2009 order)
giphy.gif

Whoa, déjà vu!
Whilst it was fun spotting the small differences the first few times by 5,6 & 7 I was struggling to pay attention.
It could have been done a whole lot better. The plot I read for the LN chapter sounds like you only read about it once, but were told how many times time had looped, so 2 maybe 3 episodes would have been fine.
Or if they wanted to do more maybe the 3rd time would be a montage show were they fail to get the right solution like in Groundhog Day, and the 4th episode would be the right solution.
Or each episode could have had bigger differences, as Yuki said there were times when they did different jobs and there were a few other differences too.
Ramble over.

Black Clover-Episode 2

You know, as much as this isn't blowing me away or anything, I don't harbour the kind of hate a lot of people seem to. It's not awful or anything, even if it's one of the weakest this season.

Food Wars: The Third Plate-Episode 2

Fate/Apocrypha-Episode 14

Awesome bits of action this week, probably the best animation we've seen so far.

Katanagatari-Episode 5

Glad to see the show finally touch on the romance side a little bit more. Despite Shichika falling for Togame, as she says herself, he does a poor job of showing it, but this made it a bit more apparent that he cares for her more than you'd think.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya ep 20-28 (2009 order)
Ha, the film making and the results were hilarious and I liked the last 3 episodes.
Haruhi really can turn her hand to anything and Yuki Nagato rocks:

The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya
A switch in genre and emotions. Definitely glad I watched the series first as a lot would have passed me by (it even made Endless Eight worth it), even then I was slightly confused as to what happened at the end.
I did hope that Kyon and Haruhi would get together at the end as it was hinted at a number of times in the series (episode 6 when Kyon has to kiss her to break the closed space and during Endless Eight when Itsuki suggested grabbing her and whispering "I love you" to break the time loop) and in the film when he chooses the world to go back to the way it was.

Looking at the LN list there could be some more, but it's already 7 years since the film.

Last edited:
Blade Runner: Black Out 2022 A decent precursor to the film directed by the ever awesome Shinichiro Watanabe.

Blade Runner 2049
(Film) This was just amazing, completely blew me away.

31 Days of Halloween Day 10: Bride of Frankenstein (1935, James Whale) A solid sequel that's aged fairly well.

Last edited:
Dragon Ball Super - #109-110.
Hot hot hot damn. Ended up getting up at 2.30am on Sunday for the simulcast which Daisuki then uploaded at 3am then servers were down after 30 mins of refreshing and struggling almost giving up and going back to bed then the mobile app finally started working again and I managed to watch! And holy hell did this deliver, don't think there was a better 40 mins of DB ever, the animation, the art, the music, the direction, the storyboarding and we even got a freaking insert song!! And Goku's new form is lit (pun intended) as all!!

Myriad Colors Phantom World- #1
Pretty enjoyable first episode actually, really good OP too!

MHA- #Second last episode of S2
Solid end to this challenge, some good character moments for Bakugo and Deku.

Need to finish Hyouka 18-22 and Alice and Z.

Haruhi really can turn her hand to anything and Yuki Nagato rocks
Fun fact about the band scene: it was apparently animated at 30 frames per second instead of the usual 24 in order to give it a bit of a live-action feel.
Source: THIS INTERVIEW with key animator Naoko Yamada. (Thanks, @Hanners. ;))
Looking at the LN list there could be some more, but it's already 7 years since the film.

Back