Your viewing journal

Somehow the recent episodes I've watched all disappointed me. :confused:

TRICKSTER - Episode 23
While I didn't really like the show from the start, it sort of got a bit better in the second half, but this episode was really bad.
This does not bode well for the final episode.

Idol Incident - Episode 12 (complete)
I really expected a different outcome after the previous episode, bit disappointed.

Kemono Friends - Episode 11-12 (complete)
The show has charm, but IMO a (slightly) disappointing/weak end.

So just finished watching No-Rin ... objectively it is pretty terrible but I found it quite watchable and it had more heart than one would expect ...

Ranma 1/2 episodes 132-161 ( Set 6, disc 3-set 7, disc 3) Finally completed the series, though I did skim through some episodes and skipped others entirely

The Sacred Blacksmith episodes 1-2

Just finished Akiba's Trip (anime) the series seemed to get so much hate but I felt it did a great job playing homage to the geek culture and to anime tropes. Doubt it'll see a UK release but I'd snag it if it did.

Hellsing Ultimate-Episodes 1-10 (Rewatch) (Complete)

Fate/Zero
-Episodes 1-13 (Rewatch) (Complete)

Fate/Zero Season 2
-Episodes 1-4 (Rewatch)

So, me and a friend sat one of out non-anime watching friends down to pop his anime cherry. We ended up going from 1 or 2 in the afternoon until 6 in the morning. It was pretty intense. We'd probably have finished Fate, but one of my friends had to go to work, so I'll finish that on my own.

Bumper post. A weeks anime viewing:

Akiba's Trip: The Animation
ep 11-13 (complete). It's always nice to see otaku culture be lampooned like this. More often than not it left me with a wry smile rather than laughing out loud, but I found it entertaining enough for the most part. Could easily have existed without the Akiba's Trip moniker, it had only slight commonality with the game.

ChäoS;Child
ep 11-12 (complete). A steaming pile. And what the hell was that ending? I keep watching these series hoping for another Steins;Gate, but am always disappointed. No more, I'm done with them.

Descending Stories: Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu s2 ep 12 (complete). The first season is the most perfect anime series I have ever watched, and the second is almost perfect. The early episodes struggled to regain their traction, but once the story returned to focusing on the rakugo performances again it was as perfect as ever.

The Eccentric Family s1 ep 1-4. Season two is starting soon, so it seems like a good time to try this out. It's clearly a comedy show and as such was always going to be hit or miss with me, and on this occasion I think it's a miss for me. I think it probably helps to have an understanding of japanese mythology, and without that I'm taking the story far too seriously to enjoy it (tanuki boss gets eaten by humans, and everyone just accepts it? What?). I'll keep watching but I don't think it will grow on me.

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans s2 ep 20-21. Is anyone actually going to survive this?

Nyanko Days
ep 12 (complete). For a series about cute chibi cats there's not much time given to said cute chibi cats. It was okay, but needs more cute chibi cats dammit!

Scum's Wish ep 10. I somehow suspect that a 'happier ever after' ending will not happen here.

Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation s3 ep 11-12. These new characters are getting increasingly crazy with each episode.

Back