Your viewing journal

Yes there are 2 live action movies. Since you did enjoy the series, I would advise you to watch them, they arent anything wow but if you love Gantz, you don't loose anything in watching them. I enjoy them. They are quite cheap now if you want to buy them.

Nice. I'll have to check them out, then. :)

I would love for Gantz:O to make it over here,it's my favourite arc

Yeah, I hope so, too. Do you think Manga would take a shot at it, or would their lack of success with the CG Harlock film maybe put them off?

(Personally, I really enjoy Harlock.)

A Certain Scientific Railgun-Episodes 15-18

I'd love to know how much of this is made up of anime original stories, not adapted from the books. After around the halfway point, I can't help but feel it's been meandering a bit, with no new overarching story. Unless they do what they did with the first arc and tie everything into some larger arc somehow, but I'm not sure if they will or not, or even if they could. Perhaps this first season would've been better if it was only single cour.

Fuuka-Episode 8

Kind of bugged me that despite the fact there was pretty much a full blown riot happening inside the school, there wasn't a single member of staff nearby that tried to do anything, if there was a teacher there at all.

Last edited:
Ergo Proxy ep 13-14 (rewatch). Been rewatching this lately. Normally when I rewatch a series after five years my opinion of it is not as good as it once was. This is an exception. If anything I think I like it more now than I did back then, and I really rated it back then. Complex and ever-growing characters combined with a mysterious apocalyptic story makes this a series that is right up my street.

A Certain Scientific Railgun-Episodes 15-17

I'd love to know how much of this is made up of anime original stories, not adapted from the books. After around the halfway point, I can't help but feel it's been meandering a bit, with no new overarching story. Unless they do what they did with the first arc and tie everything into some larger arc somehow, but I'm not sure if they will or not, or even if they could. Perhaps this first season would've been better if it was only single cour.
Everything after episode 12 is anime original.

Fuuka ep 7
Blue Submaritribe No6. complete
- What a strange anime it almost feels experimental. Good in places but the characters are not great and the CGI has dated horribly

Black Jack (2004) ep2-3

Story-wise, more interesting than the first episode, but this is a long series and I don't know that I'd want to make a point of watching it straight through - I think it's something I'd rather dip in and out of . There is more overarcing continuity than I'd expected though, which is nice.

One Piece ep 344 - 346
Ouran High School Host Club ep 1 - 3
Mobile Suit Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans ep 43
Blue Exorcist Kyoto Saga ep 7
Interview With Monster Girls ep 7

The Dragon Dentist Part 1 - I had a really good time, loved the opening (I kind of crave some sort of anime naval drama that doesn't involve cute girls now...). Felt it got a little bit silly plot wise towards the end (what am I saying, it's a short film about dragon dentists), but part 2 could totally justify it for me depending on how it goes. Bonus points for making the expo short canon too.

(Khara need to stop reusing the eva sound effects though, I can't not see the fifth angel every time a "cavity" eats it).

A Certain Scientific Railgun-Episodes 20-24 (Complete)

I liked this a whole bunch, certainly more than Index I think, although it's been a while since I watched that. Despite a lull in the middle which was full of filler, the last 5 episodes really brought things back for a strong finale. I hear S2 is way better than S1, so if it can deliver all of the good from the first season without the filler, I'll certainly be on board for it.

The Seven Deadly Sins: Signs of Holy War-Episodes 1-4 (Complete)

Although Netflix may call it 'Season 2', this is more of an epilogue to the first season, wrapping up some of the loose ends, as well as planting the seeds for an actual follow up season. Still, had some good action sequences, and it was nice just to spend some time with these characters again, as I really grew to love them. Was also pleasantly surprised to see the King and Diane relationship move forward slightly, even if it was annoyingly rendered somewhat null by the episode's end. All in all, still enjoyable though.

Just a note to anyone who plans on watching this, MAKE SURE TO WATCH ALL THE AFTER CREDITS SCENES. There's one after each of the four episodes and it's where literally the entire plot/sequel set up stuff is.

Last edited:
Back