Your viewing journal

Dragonaut the Resonance ep 1 - 3
Yakitate japan ep 19 - 21
Scorching Ping Pong Girls ep 1
ClassicaLoid ep 1
March Come in like a Lion ep 1 I really enjoyed this episode, I think this series will be in my top 3 at the end of the season. Love the background art.

Full Metal Panic Fumoffu-Episodes 4-10

Sousuke should just stay in his Bonta-kun costume all the time. Oh, and that hot springs episode may be the best hot springs episode I've seen in an anime. Although the Gurren Lagann one was pretty great...

Scorching Ping Pong Girls-Episode 2

I like the direction they're going with Agari's character. Unlike last week, I am actually quite excited to see the next episode.

Last edited:
Full Metal Panic Fumoffu-Episodes 11 and 12 (Complete)

Really enjoyable follow up to the first season, the focus on comedy over action lead to some excellent comedic moment. I thought there were a few dud episodes/segments, but overall very funny. Given the step up in animation quality, I can't wait to see what KyoAni does when they take the franchise down the action route in The Second Raid.

Yuri on Ice-Episode 1

Of all the shows I've picked up, this one has definitely been the most disappointing to me. A load of people have been absolutely raving about this first episode and I genuinely don't see what all the fuss is about. What I will say is that in terms of animation, I can't fault it, it's a really great looking show, but aside from that, there's nothing really special or immediately grabbing here. Nothing is bad either, mind, but it seems totally middle of the road, 7/10 fodder at the moment. Yuri just seems rather bland out of the gate as a character, as does everyone else for that matter, and the comedy didn't even raise a smile out of me. The ice skating sequence towards the end was rather drawn out, and considering my lack of investment in the story, rather dull, if pretty. I also thought this initial episode really lacked a good hook, something to draw me back in for the next episode. I'm not going to drop it, it is enjoyable, but this is definitely a case of hype utterly murdering a show for me. If I had just stumbled into this with no knowledge, I might have been a bit more forgiving, but I went into this expecting something amazing from the get go, and this just did not manage that.

Last edited:
Seasonal variations forced me to try using Daisuki! Several fruitless apt-get commands later, it's player finally showed signs of operating in its intended fashion.

To its credit, the video quality leaves nothing to be desired. To its blame, 20% of the subtitles fail to render. As such, it certainly amounts to a more cerebral viewing experience.

Super Beast Machine God Dancouga - Episodes 25- 31 (Blu-ray)

Aside from episode 30's recap this has been a really good string of episodes for Dancouga.

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - Episode 27

Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid-Episodes 1-3

Oh 16:9, I'll never take you for granted again! Anyway, great couple of episodes to start with. Already a bit darker than the first season, although it still maintains a bit of comedy.

With Upon the Pleiades-Episodes 1-4

Pretty interesting first lot of episodes. Really quite character focused, which I'm not sure I expected, and the amount of focus they're giving Subaru's character development is actually pretty impressive and I hope that by the end, there will be a significant difference in her character. Even in these first 4 episodes, I think there is already quite a difference in her general confidence and attitude after rekindling her friendship with Aoi and managing to capture more engine pieces. The only thing I'm not too keen on so far is the scenes in the garden with Minato. Whilst this does contribute to character development of Subaru, it's also written to sound kind of deep and confusing, knowingly so too, given even Subaru says the way Minato talks is confusing. Anyway, it's still enjoyable and, characters aside, is still a good bit of magical girl fun so far.

Sound! Euphonium Season 2-Episode 2

Probably the most subtle beach/pool episode I think I've ever seen. I wouldn't have been opposed to more bikini Kumiko but I can appreciate they weren't shoving it in our faces.

Mahou Shoujo Nante Mou Ii Desu Kara. 2nd Season-Episode 2

It feels kind of bad to see Miton being brutalised by Chiya, yet it's too funny not to laugh at.

Last edited:
Wish Upon the Pleadies- Episodes 5-9

Some lovely character development in these episodes as well as a good bit of general magical girl fun. Still enjoying this quite a bit!

Full Metal Panic- Episode 4 and 5

As much as I do love KyoAni's SOL work, when they can do action shows at this level, it's a shame they stick to doing SOL. The animation in this is really high quality. Hell, I think episode 5 has one of the best action sequences I've ever seen, the whole chase was just amazing from beginning to end.

Flip Flappers- Episode 2

Speaking of fantastic animation, Flip Flappers is still just blowing me away from an animation stand point. When the characters are just in the normal world it looks good, but when they go to the Total Illusion world (or whatever it's called) it just becomes gorgeous. I cannot gush about the animation more in this show. It's also generally quite fun and Papika is very entertaining.

Keijo- Episode 2

Just as ridiculous as I want and expect it to be. I can see why people would hate this, but it's just so crazy, I can't help but think it's great.

Last edited:
Grey - Digital Target

Super Beast Machine God Dancouga - Episodes 32 - 34 (Blu-ray)

Yuri!!! On Ice - Episode 1

As some others have already said on this forum, I didn't think this first episode of Yuri!!! On Ice was quite as mind-blowing as it has been made out elsewhere, but that said I did still really, really enjoy it. I like skating and it's nice to see a sports anime about it rather than football etc.. Plus it looked really nice as well, definitely going to stick with it.

Wish Upon the Pleiades-Episodes 10-12 (Complete)

Review for this should be up in the coming days, if anyone's interested.

Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid-Episodes 6 and 7

A couple of calmer episodes in comparison to the last few, but I'm glad it's returning a bit of the focus towards the Sousuke and Chidori relationship, I felt that was really in danger of being forgotten about completely, and the direction these episodes have went with said relationship will be interesting to see play out.

Drifters-Episode 2

I quite liked the first episode, but I loved this follow up. Doubled down on the intense, gory action that I really loved from episode 1, and man was it brutal as hell. Really glad we're getting this uncensored, if we did get a censored version, I'm not sure there'd be much to watch in this episode. Comedy still isn't really doing anything for me though.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable-Episode 29

Honestly, I wasn't too fussed on this two parter. The chase was kind of long and I'm not sure it had a really satisfying pay off. Echoes Act 3 made me laugh though.

Yuri on Ice-Episode 2

I'm still largely nonplussed by this series. It's good, but nothing outstanding still. I don't plan on dropping it, but if this is as good as it gets, I'm sorry, I just don't get what all the fuss is about. Like Drifters, the comedy just utterly fails to make me even smirk, but at least Drifters makes up for it in it's highly entertaining action sequences, but this, whilst not boring, just feels kind of there. Nothing special, just kind of average.

Back