Your viewing journal

Spice and Wolf S2-Episodes 9-12 (Complete)

Wasn't huge on that final arc. Again, fantastic for the moments between Lawrence and Holo but the actual story itself was pretty dull. I really wanted the last half to focus on the journey to Yoitz as I the potential for character development and emotion could have been really something, but instead we got a rather boring plot about fur trading. This is especially disappointing considering there's no further continuation in anime form, so we'll never get a proper ending. I was hoping this might be a 10/10 show, but I think that last arc has put it at a 9. Still a fantastic show, lovely to look at, great (dubbed) voice acting and phenomenal music, as well as the aforementioned relationship with Holo and Lawrence.

Digimon Adventure 01-Episodes 1-5

Surprisingly decent so far. Starting to see a formula though.

Last edited:
Spice and Wolf S2-Episodes 9-12 (Complete)

Wasn't huge on that final arc. Again, fantastic for the moments between Lawrence and Holo but the actual story itself was pretty dull. I really wanted the last half to focus on the journey to Yoitz as I the potential for character development and emotion could have been really something, but instead we got a rather boring plot about fur trading. This is especially disappointing considering there's no further continuation in anime form, so we'll never get a proper ending. I was hoping this might be a 10/10 show, but I think that last arc has put it at a 9. Still a fantastic show, lovely to look at, great (dubbed) voice acting and phenomenal music, as well as the aforementioned relationship with Holo and Lawrence.

If you liked the dub then you should definitely check out Black Butler. Completely different kind of show, but it has the same two main English VA in the two central roles.

Sweetness and Lightning / Amaama to Inazuma Episodes 11-12.

These last two episodes were quite a good way to end the show, the final meal being something of a highlight. I did also appreciate that they spent a bit of time on the characters and had some little stories about dealing with people.

Overall, it was a pretty solid light and uplifting show. It's not one to watch if you want much character/plot development but it's still entertaining and likely to be a good way to unwind and relax (and maybe pick up new recipe ideas/cooking tips).

New Game! Episodes 11-12.

I really enjoyed these last two episodes. Episode 11 wasn't quite the cosplay episode of my dreams, but it was close, and Episode 12 was just an all round brilliant way to end the season (special mention to that post-credits scene). The last episode had some really nice moments with the characters and some satisfying emotional content, it almost feels like a shame that the show didn't do that kind of thing more often (though I'm not sure what I'd have traded for it).

I've been quite impressed with this show overall, I really do hope that it gets a second season (especially if they do even more with that opportunity).

Amanchu! Episodes 7-8.

These episodes were pretty great, it's nice to see the show mix things up a little with different approaches. These episodes felt a little more philosophical than usual and I found them thoroughly enjoyable. It was also a good opportunity to spend a bit of time getting to know different characters (though Teko and especially Pikari still get some attention).

Super Beast Machine God Dancouga - Episodes 3 - 8 (Blu-ray)

Really enjoying Dancouga, typically 80's brutal but feels very different from a Sunrise show.

Digimon Adventure 01-Episodes 8-10 (Yesterday), 11-21 (Today)

Episodes 8-14: Well, that's the first arc out of the way. It really wasn't a great start, hopefully this next arc has more direction to it, as this first one was just a lot of wandering about aimlessly.

Episodes 15-18: Alas, more wandering. Oh well, at least there might be some new digivolving soon...

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable-Episode 26

The most intense rock, paper, scissors game of all time. The posing was super strong in this episode too.

Last edited:
Diamond is Unbreakable Ep 26

That was an okay episode, but I thought it was a bit of a come down after last week's. I really wanted to see more of Kira trying to adjust to his new 'family'.

Digimon Adventure 01-Episodes 22-25

They're doing the whole 'everyone split up, lets round everyone up' story again, just a handful of episodes after we last did that? I'm getting the feeling that this really didn't need to be 54 episodes...

Love Live Sunshine-Episode 13 (Complete)

I could have done with the last quarter not being a sort of recap of the series, but Mirai Ticket was great, so I'll let them off. Anyway, I've really quite enjoyed Sunshine, more than I think a lot of people did. Was it over familiar in a lot of ways? Certainly, but despite that, I still found it just as enjoyable as the first season of Love Live. If I were to put my critic hat on, I'd probably be harsher, but speaking just casually, I liked it a lot.

Last edited:
Samurai Flamenco watched up to episode 16. Really enjoyed this show so far, reminds me a lot of Gurren Lagan with the one upping of threats/powers etc Interested to see where they go with what looks like to be the final arc.

Back