Your viewing journal

Baccano! - Episodes - 12 -15 - What a wonderful series Baccano! is, I'm not a massive fan of the bonus episodes but they're still great, but the main series is just fantastic, glad I decided it was time for a re-watch. No idea what to watch next, seeing Lemon post about Spice and Wolf has me thinking that's what I'll go for next as I bought the BDs on here.

Mob Psycho 100 - Episode 10 - Something about this episode felt kind off to me, no idea what it was though. Still, entertaining enough for me.

Spice and Wolf-Episodes 11-13 (Complete)

Brilliant series, even if it was marred by a shaky start plot wise, the relationship between Lawrence and Holo and the brilliant second arc really brought it back up for me. Excited to see Season 2. If they manage to maintain a good plot like the 2nd arc here, that weaves character and story well, and pulls off a good finale, it could very easily become a favourite of mine, I reckon. Before I go on to S2 though, I'll take a brief break and watch something else.

Shaman King-Episodes 13-16

Now that the tournament has begun, this has gotten a lot more interesting.

Last edited:
No Game No Life-Episodes 1-4

I am totally in love with the concept of this show. The potential for the games and how varied, different and fun they can be is very exciting. The chess game in episodes 3 and 4 was excellent. I was thinking my lack of chess knowledge might leave me confused but that soon went out the window. These first 4 episodes were definitely setting up, so I'm quite excited to see what's to come.

Shaman King-Episodes 17 and 18

So i decided to dig through my collection and rewatch something old so i settled on Persona 4 the Animation. I do remember enjoying this when i watched it before playing thr game years ago...

And it holds up damn well as a rewatch. I think i enjoyed it more after playing the game. The use of the games music hypes perfectly and seeing top end personas is a thrill. The way they got the plot in is also very unusually good for a video game adaption.

I'd rate it a solid 8. The only annoying thing is the weird lower face shading on all the characters.

And yes, my hype for Persona 5 is burning hot as $£€¥ right now heh

No Game No Life-Episodes 5-8

That episode in the library was fantastic, and I just love Jabril. I'm also really liking the humour in this show, a lot of it's sex based, but it never feels too in your face, a few moments aside. I'm excited to see the match against the warbeasts, although I have no idea what was going on with Shiro at the end of that episode.

Shaman King-Episode 19

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable-Episode 25

Another good episode. Only in JoJo can you say you saw a Photograph steal an arrow and then fly away on a bird. One thing I'll say is that I think they probably revealed Kira's new face a little too soon. A bit of a build up or mystery would've been nice.

Last edited:
Yeah the materialization shiratori with Jibril was the most godly thing ever. From the very first word it oozed godliness.

I'm glad you like it and you can join us in waiting for the movie ;)

From Saturday 10th September:
Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma: The Second Plate (Japanese audio) - Episode 11

From Sunday 11th September:
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (Japanese audio) - Episode 24

From Tuesday 13th September:
Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak High School - Future Arc (Japanese audio) - Episode 10
Mob Psycho 100 (Japanese audio) - Episode 10

From Today:
Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak High School - Despair Arc (Japanese audio) - Episode 10
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable (Japanese audio) - Episode 25
Berserk (Japanese audio) - Episode 12 (Complete)

Berserk (2016)-Episode 12 (Complete)

Whilst it was marred by some less than amazing animation, I still quite enjoyed this continuation. After that cliffhanger ending, I can't wait for S2 either. I might take this opportunity to start the manga...

Diamond is Unbreakable ep25

Looks like Atom Heart Father must be about the limit of where I got to in the manga - the scenes of Kira with his 'family' were new to me. Hype intensifies.

One thing I'll say is that I think they probably revealed Kira's new face a little too soon. A bit of a build up or mystery would've been nice.

Pretty sure it was different in the manga - I don't remember them cutting between the two separate scenes like that.

Berserk s2 ep 11. Is there anything Guts cannot kill?

Handa-kun ep 10.

Orange ep 10-11. They finally have more directly looked at the time-travel implications, at least a little, so these eps were marginally more interesting than normal.

sweetness and lightning ep 10-11. Suitably adorable.

The Highschool Life of a Fudanshi ep 10. So much truth in that last scene.

No Game No Life-Episodes 9-12 (Complete)

A very fun show, really enjoyed this. Can't wait for the movie now. I'm told it's a prequel, which is a little disappointing, I really want a sequel. Good news is that the Light Novels are steadily being released in English, and I think they actually surpass the anime at this point, so I'll definitely start reading those!

Love Live Sunshine!-Episode 12

The end of LLS! E12 has me wondering if the similarities to S1 throughout were deliberate and not just lazy. I guess S2 will tell...

Last edited:
No Game No Life-Episodes 9-12 (Complete)

A very fun show, really enjoyed this. Can't wait for the movie now. I'm told it's a prequel, which is a little disappointing, I really want a sequel. Good news is that the Light Novels are steadily being released in English, and I think they actually surpass the anime at this point, so I'll definitely start reading those!

Don't be sad that it's a prequel as it covers the most epic volume of the story heh. Just hope that this leads to season 2 and yes definiteky read the LN's... If Yen Press ever stop delaying them of course.

Glad you liked it, NGNL is definitely one of my favourites

Back