Your viewing journal

Re:Zero 23-24

y9sXExV.png

Re:Zero - Episode 24 - Decent enough I guess but I have to say this show went from Meh to Awesome then on to Omg gonna just end! for me. It's not that I think it's bad because I actually really like it, however I just don't think it's interesting anymore so I'm kinda past caring and just wanna see it end.

Baccano! - Episodes 7-11 - Not really much to say as it's a re-watch of a show I've seen, but it's great stuff as usual. I love Baccano! but it's only this re-watch that's reminding me just how much I love it.

Last edited:
Spice and Wolf-Episodes 1-6

I am enjoying this show so far, mostly due to Holo and Lawrence's characters, but I am a little lost when it comes to all the economic stuff. Even this early in, I'm finding the plot about the silver coin value to be a kind of confusing. Like, the plan is to convince merchants to buy silver under the pretense of it's value going up, when it's actually going down, then the perpetrator buying all the silver in bulk off the merchants needing to be rid of it when the value goes down. What does the perpetrator gain out of this? The value of the silver is still going to be low. I also have no idea what the deal is that Lawrence makes with the rival trading company. How are they planning to profit out of this whole thing? Is it only me who found this confusing?

Bananya-Episode 11

Shaman King-Episodes 8 and 9

A shaman with a snowboard as a weapon? Alright then.

New Game!-Episode 11

So who did leak the screenshots?

Mob Psycho 100-Episode 10

Last edited:
How are they planning to profit out of this whole thing? Is it only me who found this confusing?
It's been a while since I've seen it, so I could be sketchy on the details, but I think it was along these lines:
The company would buy larger amounts of a currency while the Trenni was worth a lot of those coins, then trade that back for more Trenni coins once the value of the Trenni dropped (imagine buying dollars before the referendum then buying back pounds afterwards) so they'd end up with more coins. I believe the way they were planning to profit was to then trade their collected coins back to the ruler of the country, who'd then melt down those coins with a high silver content and convert them into more coins. In exchange for the coins, the company would get certain trading rights that they'd then be able to use to make significant profits (so they weren't necessarily directly being paid more, so much as gaining a valuable opportunity). That's also why a rival trading company are the best people to go to because they'd be able to benefit by cutting in on the deal with the ruler.

Even if they held onto the coins, there's a chance the value would gradually go back up anyway so they probably could still have made a profit that way (buy low, sell high).

As to why the ruler wanted more coins, I think it relates to "Quantitative Easing", which was another thing that happened a little while ago. That seems to be about encouraging investment, lending and spending by having more money available (so it could potentially encourage economic growth in the country).

I think that was the general idea, maybe someone else could explain it better.

At the end of the day, while the economic stuff can be kind of interesting, I think the character aspects are generally more important. I do think that first story might be one of the more difficult ones while the others tie into the characters a bit more effectively as well.

It's been a while since I've seen it, so I could be sketchy on the details, but I think it was along these lines:
The company would buy larger amounts of a currency while the Trenni was worth a lot of those coins, then trade that back for more Trenni coins once the value of the Trenni dropped (imagine buying dollars before the referendum then buying back pounds afterwards) so they'd end up with more coins. I believe the way they were planning to profit was to then trade their collected coins back to the ruler of the country, who'd then melt down those coins with a high silver content and convert them into more coins. In exchange for the coins, the company would get certain trading rights that they'd then be able to use to make significant profits (so they weren't necessarily directly being paid more, so much as gaining a valuable opportunity). That's also why a rival trading company are the best people to go to because they'd be able to benefit by cutting in on the deal with the ruler.

Even if they held onto the coins, there's a chance the value would gradually go back up anyway so they probably could still have made a profit that way (buy low, sell high).

As to why the ruler wanted more coins, I think it relates to "Quantitative Easing", which was another thing that happened a little while ago. That seems to be about encouraging investment, lending and spending by having more money available (so it could potentially encourage economic growth in the country).

I think that was the general idea, maybe someone else could explain it better.

At the end of the day, while the economic stuff can be kind of interesting, I think the character aspects are generally more important. I do think that first story might be one of the more difficult ones while the others tie into the characters a bit more effectively as well.

I think that's a good explanation, but one I still don't really understand. I'm going to write this one off as me being a bit thick.

Yeah, the whole coin shenanigans near the start of the series I remember having a little trouble following at first. I definitely enjoyed the Economics 101 lessons the show gives, but the main draw is definitely the chemistry between Holo and Lawrence.

Last edited:
Yeah, the whole coin shenanigans near the start of the series I remember having a little trouble following at first. I definitely enjoyed the Economics 101 lessons that show gives, but the main draw is definitely the chemistry between Holo and Lawrence.

The relationship between Holo and Lawrence is what really got me through these first 6 episodes and is very enjoyable. I had a basic enough grasp of the plot to not be utterly lost, but I'm glad the story is moving on, hopefully I can get a better grasp of what's actually happening in this next arc.

I have to admit when I watched Spice and Wolf I just let all the economic stuff blow over me. For me, I took that show more as a 'healing' type thing and just soaked in the general ambience of it. I always say the show is a bit like a radio play, where you just mellow in the atmosphere and listen to the nice voices, while pondering 'will they... won't they...'

Tokyo ESP eps 1-4

Episode 1 had the problem that a similar series, Ga-Rei: Zero had. Where so much happened and the ones you follow aren't even the main characters, then in the next episode we go back months into the past to follow how Rinka got her powers and how she became the white girl hero, which was much better.

Mobile Suit Gundam ep 22-23. Thanks for the spoilers, Mr Next Episode Narrator person. That said, Matilda's death was strangely anti-climactic. If it hadn't been spoiled I would probably be doubting it had even happened.

Mobile Suit Gundam ep 22-23. Thanks for the spoilers, Mr Next Episode Narrator person. That said, Matilda's death was strangely anti-climactic. If it hadn't been spoiled I would probably be doubting it had even happened.

If you read / have read the Origin manga, personally I feel it's handled much better there.

Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 - Episode 22 [Final]

I've enjoyed watching Unicorn again but I preferred it in its original OVA format.

Thunderbolt Fantasy - Episode 1

An awesome opening episode, really looking forward to seeing more of this.

Spice and Wolf-Episodes 7-10

I'm very much enjoying the fact that these episodes have been far less plot intense than the first 6, it allows for more time dedicated to the best bit of the show; the characters.

Shaman King-Episodes 10-12

Hoorah, it looks like the tournament is starting to get going soon! I was getting a touch bored due to the plot meandering a bit but hopefully it's going to get on track now.

Last edited:
Digimon: The Movie

I feel like a teenage girl on the internet who cannot even...

Maybe this was not the best introduction I could have picked to Digimon, or Hosoda for that matter...

Back