Your viewing journal

Ep 2 of Nanatsu no Taizai: Seisen no Shirushi
Ep 9 of Tales of Zestiria the X
Ep 10 of Fukigen na Mononokean
Ep 10 of Fudanshi Koukou Seikatsu
Ep 9 of Cheer Danshi!!

91 Days eps 1-3: Well this is really disappointing. Seems like as dull and cliched a mob show as I can imagine. Not sure if I can motivate myself to stick with it any longer.

Nisekoi S2-Episodes 7-10

Episode 8: Shu is probably the best Magical Girl villain ever.

Episode 10: I never would've guessed they'd give Shu an episode and develop him but I'm super glad they did.

Berserk (2016)-Episode 11

The battle with Mozgus was brilliant, I really liked his final form. Kind of bummed next week is the finale, as I said before, after a bit of a slow start, it's gotten very interesting and really ramped up in it's latter half. I do hope it ends with the announcement of another season.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure-Episode 24

Just when I was thinking Josuke and everyone found out Kira's identity too soon, they go and pull that. Excellent episode.

Shaman King-Episodes 1 and 2

Checking this one out purely on nostalgia, I loved this show as a kid. These first couple of episodes have been alright, but the plot isn't exactly going just yet. I'm watching it dubbed and, considering it's 4Kids, it's not too bad.

Last edited:
From Thursday 8th September:
Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak High School ~ Despair Arc (Japanese audio) - Episode 9

From Friday 9th September:
Berserk: Tower of Conviction (Japanese audio) - Episode 11
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable (Japanese audio) - Episode 24

I tried my best to get through as much anime as I could at home but here's my completed list (including Part releases):

In Japanese with English subtitles:
  • Actually, I am... (Jitsu wa Watashi wa...)
  • Air
  • Ajin: Demi-Human
  • And you thought there is never a girl online? (Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta?)
  • Charlotte
  • Classroom Crisis
  • Death Billards
  • Death Parade
  • Durarara!!x2 [Shou, Ten, Ketsu]
  • Erased (Boku dake ga Inai Machi)
  • Expelled from Paradise
  • Fate/stay night [Unlimited Blade Works]
  • Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma
  • Free! Iwatobi Swim Club
  • The Garden of Sinners ~ Chapter 5: Paradox Paradigm
  • The Garden of Sinners ~ Chapter 6: Oblivion Recording
  • The Garden of Sinners ~ Chapter 7: Murder Speculation Part B
  • The Garden of Sinners ~ Chapter 8: The Garden of Sinners
  • The Garden of Sinners: recalled out summer
  • The Garden of Sinners: recalled out summer Extra Chorus
  • Gate [first cour]
  • Gekiganger 3: The Movie
  • GOD EATER
  • Great Teacher Onizuka the Animation
  • Guilty Crown [second half]
  • Haikyu!! Second Season
  • The Heroic Legend of Arslan
  • Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders ~ Egypt arc
  • K
  • Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress
  • Kanon 2006
  • Knights of Sidonia
  • KonoSuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! (Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!)
  • Kuroko's Basketball Season 3
  • The Lost Village (Mayoiga)
  • A Lull in the Sea (Nagi no Asukara)
  • Lupin the Third: Part IV
  • Martian Successor Nadesico
  • Martian Successor Nadesico: The Prince of Darkness
  • Monster Musume: Everyday Life with Monster Girls
  • My Hero Academia
  • My Love Story!!
  • My Wife is the Student Council President (Okusama ga Seitokaichou!)
  • Myriad Colors Phantom World
  • Nekomonogatari White
  • Nihon Animator Mihonichi
  • Ninja Slayer From Animation
  • No Game No Life
  • One Punch Man
  • Overlord
  • Prison School
  • Punch Line
  • Saekano: How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend (Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata)
  • School Live! (Gakkou Gurashi)
  • Senran Kagura
  • Seraph of the End -Vampire Reign- [first cour]
  • Sound! Euphonium
  • Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider
  • Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar [second half]
  • Terraformars Revenge
  • Tokyo Ghoul √A
  • Triage X
  • Unbreakable Machine Doll
  • Yowamushi Pedal
  • Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road

In English:
  • Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero
  • Darker Than Black
  • Darker Than Black: Gemini of the Meteor
  • Darker Than Black: Gemini of the Meteor Gaiden OVAs
  • Heroic Age
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia the Animation
  • Last Exile -Fam, The Silver Wing- [second half]
  • Michiko & Hatchin [second half]
  • Mobile Suit Gundam
  • Persona 4 the Animation
  • Tiger & Bunny: The Beginning

Nisekoi S2-Episodes 11 and 12 (Complete)

Very much enjoyed this second season. Although it was a little bit disappointing that the actual story didn't continue, it made up for it by having a good amount of good character moments. As I mentioned prior, I really loved them adding some depth to Shu, who's only been comic relief up to this point and I also loved the couple of episodes with Chitoge's mum, as I think that did a great job of not only developing Chitoge's character somewhat but also developing the relationship between her and Raku. I was quite fond of Kosaki's little sister Haru, I thought she was quite a fun character, even if her character design was a little too close in design to her elder sister. I do think that Marika could have used some development, she was introduced quite late in the game in S1 and even here she isn't given a whole lot, despite being an incredibly entertaining character none the less. Despite that and the story being pretty non existant, I still found this second season to be on par with season one in every other respect, especially in the as-usual amazing animation from Shaft and some pretty good bits of comedy. Now that the manga has wrapped up, I really hope we get a third season to complete the anime's story. I'm sure Shaft can fit it in between adapting the rest of Monogatari, that Madoka sequel and whatever the hell else they're up to.

Love Live Sunshine!-Episode 11

Finally glad to see You get some character development. She's definitely been the most uninteresting character up until this point, so I'm super happy to see that.

Shaman King-Episodes 3-5

Oh my God, Len's English voice has to be the most over the top British accent I've ever heard. It's so awful it comes back around to being good :p

Last edited:
Danganronpa 3 Future Arc ep 9
Danganronpa 3 Despair Arc ep 9
Amanchu ep 10
Alderamin on the Sky ep 10
Hitorinoshita the Outcast ep 10
Food Wars Second Plate ep 11
Berserk 2016 ep 11
A Certain Magical Index the Movie: The Miracle of Endymion

I'm further behind on posting than I am on watching but I'm still quite behind on simulcasts. I'm hoping to make an effort to catch up over the next week.

Amanchu! Episodes 5-6.

I'm more up to date on a couple of other shows but, at the moment, I'm considering Amanchu to be my favourite of the season. It may mostly be a cheerful and optimistic show but it also has some thoughtful examinations of serious issues. It's not the fastest paced show but it feels like the characters are growing naturally and in subtle ways and that makes it compelling to watch.

I have to admit, I did especially like the part in episode 6 where Teko causes Pikari to retreat. That one felt pretty open to interpretation and I know how I'm interpreting it (probably the wrong way). I think I'm going to be disappointed if this show doesn't end up with an official Yuri element. It's maybe not entirely necessary but I think it would be nice and would be a good way to emphasise the gradual development into a complementary and equal pair that the main characters seem to be undergoing. Mind you, I suppose that's what the buddy system is for.

New Game! Episodes 5-10.

While this show doesn't quite have the depth of Amanchu (though it does have it's moments), it's still an awful lot of fun with some great characters. I'm not sure if New Game does just enough differently to stand out from other shows or if I just happen to have a large appetite for these kinds of shows (could be both) but either way I feel like I'd be more than happy for a second season of the show.

I did like the attention to detail when Nenechi was using the wall to manipulate the camera into position. It seems that whoever wrote that scene knew their stuff. Not that I'd know anything about that sort of thing. Little details like that do add something, even if not everyone will catch every detail.

I have to admit, the Aoba/Hifumi scenes in episode 10 (especially Devil Aoba) came close to shaking my resolve on picking a favourite anime for the season.

Sweetness and Lightning / Amaama to Inazuma Episodes 6-10.

My feelings about the show are much the same. It's pretty strong with the cute stuff (that Shark song was strong stuff) but it's only occasionally playing with the darker aspects. There has been a little more reference to the feelings of loss that Tsumugi and Kouhei are dealing with in the later episodes but it's still generally focussing on the positives (and nice recipes that I'd imagine people could actually follow). It does feel like the show has hinted at a lot with Kotori as well but she has had even less attention paid to any issues she might be dealing with.

I'd still like to see a bit more time spent on the life/family situations of the characters but it's still a very enjoyable show as it is.

Orange-Episode 11

I've always found the idea that Suwa is essentially sacrificing his own feelings and potential happiness for the sake of Kakeru and Naho's happiness to be one of the most interesting parts of Orange, so to see that be a big focus in this episode was great to see. I hope in the last couple of episodes they continue to explore the idea, I kind of don't want the show to end without Suwa confessing his feelings to Naho, even if he is ultimately rejected in favour of Kakeru. Hell, that's assuming that Kakeru lives. I was certain this show was going to have a happy ending but after this episode I'm not so certain.

Re:Zero-Episode 24

Another great episode. I'm so glad that the fight with Betelgeuse in the previous episode wasn't the final battle with him, the one in this episode was a lot more climatic. One thing I'm also super pleased about is that we finally got a specific reason why the Witch's Cult was targeting Emilia. Before now, it's always been vague, and I was worried they'd leave it as such. Very excited to see the finale.

Shaman King-Episodes 6 and 7

Nice to finally see Anna do something.

Last edited:
Ancient Magus Bride is probably the best thing I've seen all year, I'd urge anyone who likes Fantasy shows to watch it.

Re:Zero ep 14 was brilliant again this week despite people moaning about the animation.

Galactic Drifter Vifam - Episodes 44 - 46 [Final]

One of the bonafide 80's mecha classics and one that is often overlooked, on this rewatch Vifam holds up very well and I have really enjoyed watching it again.

Back