Your viewing journal

Persona 5 The Animation: The Day Breakers - Yup, that was a Persona anime all right lol I'll be honest I wasn't all that sure how the story of the game was gonna play out, but I didn't think it would be like that lol really cool idea, a random OVA doesn't actually do it justice though. The whole episode just felt like it was a side quest, which I guess was the idea really, the animation was rough as hell and some of the subtitles could have had more attention (maybe I'm just tired but I feel that words were missing a couple of times) but the music was fantastic (as you'd expect really). I'm a bit annoyed as now I want the Japanese voices in the game even more >_> never mind, bring on February! It's so far away guys ;-;

Mob Psycho 100 - Episode 8 - I know I always mention how good the visuals are, but this episode was especially good on that front.

91 days - Episodes 7.5 (kinda) & Episode 8 - Well I kinda just skipped threw episode 7.5 to make sure I didn't miss anything by not watching it as I really don't need nor want a re-cap after 7 episodes..... I don't think I missed anything by skipping it though. Episode 8 was great though, if not pretty predictable.

Last edited:
Bleach-Episodes 288-291 (On Hold)

And so Bleach goes back on hold again until I grab the Series 14 box set. I've actually really enjoyed Season 13, more than I think I've enjoyed Bleach in a long while. The fights were pretty great and, whilst still pretty lengthy, never overstayed their welcome like some others. With the arrival of the Vizards on the scene in a fighting capacity, as well as the top 4 arrancars, there was also some great, fresh abilities on display too. I am kind of glad that the whole Arrancar plot is winding down, it has been good, but it's just too long.

Gonna Be The Twintail!-Episodes 6-8

Re:Zero-Episode 23

Another Re:Zero, another nail biting cliffhanger. Dammit.

Last edited:
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (Japanese audio) - Episode 23

9OWoOGB.png

So as you can see from the spoiler button above, Re:ZERO just escalated pretty quickly. For most of the episode I was pretty satisfied (though there was a plothole regarding the letter; Ram said they received a blank letter but Emilia actually got the correct one). Now suddenly Subaru got possessed by Kirito Sloth and had no choice but to sacrifice himself. While this is a cool and shocking turnout, I'm going to be pretty damn pissed if he ends up all the way back in town where everything he has done (the negotiations, the white whale attack, making up with Julis, and helping the villagers) ends up being all for nothing. Not to mention we only have 2 episodes left. If all of that gets ignored like nothing happened then I'm going to be ******* pissed.

Re:Zero - Episode 23 - Another 'HA' ending to the episode. I'm curious to see how they'll wrap all this up in 2 episodes, as much as I enjoy it I won't be sad to see it end tbh, which is odd as I do really like it.

Baccano! - Episodes 1-3 - I really should tackle my backlog (which is huge at this point) but I've been wanting to re-watch this pretty much since I picked up the BDs so here I am, re-watching it (I was watching it dubbed, but then I remembered that Isaac and Miria are just the best thing and are even funnier in Japanese) lol Perhaps I'll watch something I haven't actually seen yet after I finish this.

Last edited:
Orange-Episode 10

JUST KISS ALREADY

New Game!-Episode 10

Some really cute Hifumi moments in this one.

Mob Psycho 100-Episode 9

Gonna Be The Twintail!-Episodes 9 and 10

Last edited:
Holidays are great, but lord does it always leave me with loads to catch up with. Over the past three days I've watched...

FLCL - Episodes 1-6 (Complete)

This one has been a very long time coming. Years ago, a good 10+ years when I was still attending university, I watched episodes 1 through 3 of FLCL. And never watched more. Life got busy, I lost track of the series, and over time it turned into a situation of always planning to finish those last few episodes yet never actually doing so. Flash forward to this past Sunday, when during a moment of "What do we do now?" I suggested to a couple of friends that we watch my FLCL bluray collection (a previously unwatched Christmas present). So we start it. Throughout episode 1 both of my friends repeatedly turned to stare at me and ask what the heck I had them watching. By episode 3 I'd lost one of them entirely (he simply wasn't into the show and didn't care to finish it), but the other stuck it out til the end.

I can honestly say that everything I'd heard about the OVA was accurate: it started off crazy and ended just as insane. But daaamn, I still loved it and I'm glad that I finally finished it. I'm just amused that it took me over 10 years to finish a 6 episode series. Amazing how easily time can get away from you. =p

VLhbXa3.png

New Game! - Episodes 9-10 - The argument was really cute to watch unfold, especially as it heavily reminded me of myself and a certain friend. :D

Bananya - Episode 9-10 - I really only have one thought when watching this show: How can banana cats be so darn cute?

Re:Zero - Episodes 22-23 - I have little to add that others haven't already said, but for the most part I loved both episodes. Looking forward to seeing how things are resolved next episode, but I'm going to flip a table if he revives before the conclusion of the white whale battle. D:< Hoping for something unexpected!

Orange - Episodes 9-10 - A nice mixture of sad and feel good moments in these past couple episodes. Looking forward to seeing how it concludes in the end.

Food Wars! - Episode 10 - A satisfying conclusion to an entertaining set of episodes. ^^ It feels like the season should be finished, though, so I'm curious to see what's left.

Amanchu! - Episode 9 - I absolutely loved this episode. Never would have imagined when I first started this series that I'd end up enjoying it to this extent. I suppose that I should have learned my lesson after watching Flying Witch...

91 Days - Episode 8 - Two thumbs up for this one. There was a point that I'd felt 91 Days was dragging but it's really brought itself back - this episode being the best yet imo.

The Morose Mononokean - Episodes 9-10 - It's been a really charming series thus far, especially that episode 10. Very interested in picking up the manga for it once the anime concludes. :)

momokuri - Episode 19-20 - There's never too much to say about this one but it never ceases to make me laugh.

Servamp - Episodes 9-10 - I've really enjoyed these past two episodes, likely moreso than any episodes that have come before 'em. I finally feel like I'm starting to get properly invested in the characters.

Tales of Zesteria The X - Episodes 8-9 - Still feeling like Mikleo hasn't come into his own yet in this series, and Edna was a bit too meek for my liking. I'm hoping that they can capture her character better in future episodes. Overall though, I'm enjoying this adaption of the story.

Persona 5 the Animation: The Day Breakers - This seemed like a nice, mostly self-contained introduction to the universe and characters, which makes it a good watch for anyone who's been interested in the game. Great usage of Persona 5's flashy style that we've seen throughout the game trailers, too.

Last edited:
Back