Your viewing journal

Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt - December Sky

Thunderbolt works well as a mini movie and it still holds up well on a second viewing. One of the best mecha anime of the last few years.

Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 - Episode 20

Galactic Drifter Vifam - Episodes 34 & 35

Bleach-Episodes 280-283

I always hate when this show gives characters back stories and depth moments before they're killed off. Invest me in the characters whilst they're still relevant, I couldn't really care that much when I know they're going to die in the next scene.

Hybrid x Heart Magias Academy Ataraxia ep 9. This show was never good but this episode was truly disgusting. The MC has become a complete a***hole, the way he treated Aine was terrible and showing images of the girls naked to the class was even worse. Then it's topped off with a sexual assault. Utterly reprehensible.

Mobile Suit Gundam ep 17-19. More lectures on how to be a good member of society.

sweetness and lightning ep 9. Damn, this one got me right in the feels.

The Highschool Life of a Fudanshi ep 9. Fujoshi are both terrifying and awesome.

Hybrid x Heart Magias Academy Ataraxia ep 9. This show was never good but this episode was truly disgusting. The MC has become a complete a***hole, the way he treated Aine was terrible and showing images of the girls naked to the class was even worse. Then it's topped off with a sexual assault. Utterly reprehensible.

Reminds me of the main character of Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero. Boy that guy (in Aesthetica) was a complete dick to the girls, effectively the worst MC I've seen in anime so far.

Bleach-Episodes 280-283

I always hate when this show gives characters back stories and depth moments before they're killed off. Invest me in the characters whilst they're still relevant, I couldn't really care that much when I know they're going to die in the next scene.
Could be worse, there's a point where they kill off a character in one episode, and then spend the entire next episode giving you their backstory yakno, after they're dead lol dunno if you're past that point yet but you must be damn close.

Anyhoo, one of my friends was over and I was subjected to more Love Live, it was painful and I'm not entirely sure if I'll ever fully recover.

Last edited:
Gonna Be The Twin Tail!-Episodes 1 and 2

This is a silly, silly show.

Berserk (2016)-Episode 10

Jesus, this show is getting nuts. Shame that's only going to be a single cour, things are just ramping up but it'll be over in a couple more episodes.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable-Episode 23

I'm a little confused, does Kira have 2 stands?

Bleach-Episodes 283 and 284

Could be worse, there's a point where they kill off a character in one episode, and then spend the entire next episode giving you their backstory yakno, after they're dead lol dunno if you're past that point yet but you must be damn close.

Literally these 2 episodes :p

Last edited:
The Vision of Escaflowne ep 1 - 3 I wanted to try the series out before deciding if I want to order it , I've decided I will .
Berserk 2016 ep 10
Momokuri ep 19 - 20

Berserk Harder ep10

Diamond is Unbreakable ep23

Watching these two episodes back to back was an experience so manly, I instantly grew a beard. Then I remembered I already have one, but still.

I'm a little confused, does Kira have 2 stands?

The tank is just Killer Queen's special attack. It's pretty op, but he is basically this part's Dio, so it's hardly surprising.

Gankutsuou Episodes 9-17

Excellent show, things have seemingly come to a head now and the revelations and motivations, though somewhat predictable, have been laid out well. Interested to see where the final part of the story goes, though I have my suspicions that that Franz will take Alberts place in the duel, and perhaps even die, seeing as he is in love and all

Bleach-Episodes 285-287

Episode 286: Is the Ichigo/Aizen fight about to happen already? I thought that would be way later.

Episode 287: Wow, for a filler episode, that was surprisingly great. Like, it was mostly a rehash of the Soul Society arc, but it was surprisingly funny and well done. Honestly, there should me more filler episodes like this, with alternate worlds or timelines. It's still ultimately an inconsequential and pointless episode, but at least it's something fresh and interesting.

Persona 5 The Animation: The Day Breakers

A nice little OVA that I think does it's job. It's nothing fantastic, but I think it does a fairly decent job of introducing the concept of the game to people. I wasn't too sure exactly what the plot of the game involved but now I have a better handle of it. I do wish it spent more time with the characters that are going to be in the game. Even after watching this OVA, I know literally nothing about any of them, although I suppose given it's only a one off, they couldn't really flesh them out much. The animation is kind of below average, once again proving A1 cannot do justice the the Persona art style. I thought they might have improved since the rather poor looking Persona 4 The Golden Animation, but I guess not. I wish Production IG animated it instead given they're doing the cutscenes in the game. Probably the best thing about this OVA is that we get to preview the OST from the game, which is sounding on point, although I wouldn't expect anything less from a Persona game at this point.

Gonna Be The Twintail!-Episodes 3-5

Omega Force better be making a Twintail musou.

Love Live Sunshine!-Episode 10

Was that a confession?! They're probably not going to mean it like that, but I'd love it (for purely character reasons, I swear!) if they did mean it like that.

Last edited:
Taking a small break from Anime right now...

Delicatessen -
It's been a number of years since I've watched this brilliant French film and I was relieved after finally buying the Blu Ray for it that the film continues to be just great eccentric fun. Best description I've ever heard for it is a mix of Sweeney Todd and Terry Gilliam's Brazil.

Humanity and Paper Balloons - Japanese film from 1937 directed by Sadao Yamanaka. I believe this is the most famous of his surviving films and I'd been meaning to watch it for along time after it was mentioned on the Seven Samurai Criterion extras and that it had a great influence on Kurosawa. I thoroughly enjoyed this film despite it's sad ending. Some great characters and a great commentary on the Japanese past as well as the then present 1930's Japan. Sadly Sadao died in the war aged just 28.

Last edited:
Mob Psycho 100 episode 8
By far the best episode of the show so far. Just checked MAL and can see this season is only 12 episodes, kind of wish we were getting more :(.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond in Unbreakable episode 23
Very good episode, great to see Koichi in action again and finally get a glimpse of [SPOILERinline=]Echoes Act 3[/SPOILERinline].

Alderamin on the Sky episode 9
Did not expect that [SPOILERinline=]death of a character[/SPOILERinline] to happen. Still enjoying this show though, definitely a dark horse of the season.

Berserk: Tower of Conviction (Japanese audio) - Episode 10
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable (Japanese audio) - Episode 23
Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma: The Second Plate (Japanese audio) - Episode 10
Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak High School - Future arc (Japanese audio) - Episode 8
Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak High School - Despair arc (Japanese audio) - Episode 8

Alderamin on the Sky ep 9.

Amanchu ep 9. What is it with slice of life anime and large cloud formations?

Berserk s2 ep 10.

Handa-kun ep 9. ERASER :D

Mobile Suit Gundam ep 15. I can see why this episode is omitted from the blurays, it's story is a mess.

91 Days ep8

Welp, Corteo. Damn son.

If they're continuing the tradition of referencing classic gangster films, my guess for this week is The Long Good Friday, due to a similar scene with a whisky bottle, although it could just be a coincidence.

Back