Your viewing journal

Up to episode 10 of Haruhi, seems ok so far. Haruhi herself is rather annoying and like a big child. Hopefully I will see some change in future as I dont even know how people put up with her. I sympathise with Kyon.

Well, I just got done with Terror in Resonance. So many mixed feelings. Sadly, not about the story - more about the quality of the show.

How some folks have heaped effusive praise on it is beyond me. It's a good watch, but nowhere near Watanabe's best work.

Galactic Drifter Vifam - Episodes 7 - 9

Such a good series, but the character animation goes off model so often that it is actually funny.

Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 - Episode 17

Odin - Photon Space Sailor Starlight

Yes, it's flawed but I adore this film.

How annoying. The whole reason I actually asked was because I noticed it was a PG in the UK which I kinda though was a bit odd, although I'm not really sure how much nudity that's not really sexual impacts such things anyway.

Having both the UK disc from Kiseki and the Bandai Visual release, the BV release is uncut. The BR release in Japan is uncut and it looks truly amazing. I'm happy that Gunbuster is still getting a lot of attention, it is such a great show.

Hidamari Sketch Hoshimittsu OVAs-Episode 1

Gunbuster-Episodes 4-6 (Complete)

Thoughts on the full show here.

Berserk (2016)-Episode 7

So glad Guts made it to the camp. Can't wait to see him kick that apostle's ass next week!

Last edited:
Diamond is Unbreakable ep20

This week's episode: Yukako Yamagishi Looks Exactly the Same. I still stick by my theory that Yukako wasn't originally intended as more than a one off character, but was retconned due to either a change of heart on Araki's part or editor comments that there was no love interest.

Slightly disappointed that they've translated next week's title as "Yoshikage Kira Just Wants to Live Quietly", instead of the generally accepted "Just Wants a Quiet Life".

Berserk Harder ep8

Bit disappointing that we're only getting 12 episodes - presumably we'll see the showdown with Mozgus before the end, at least.

Blue Exorcist ep 20 - 22
Handa-kun ep 5 - 6
Danganronpa 3 Future Arc ep 1 - 2
Danganronpa 3 Despair Arc ep 1 - 2
Berserk 2016 ep 6
Servamp ep 6
Amanchu ep 6

Golgo 13 ep14

Seeing as all the episodes are adapted from the manga, but not in order, it'd be nice if they mentioned the original publication date at the end or something. There's nothing to overtly identify this one, but given that it revolves around the US running a chemical weapons plant apparently captured from the Japanese in WW2, I'm guessing late '70s.

Re:Zero -Starting Life in Another World- - Episodes 1-4
Sometimes it's just best not to say anything...

Bananya
- Episodes 3-6
It was nice to meet "Vaguely Racist Bananya" and "Is She Supposed to be British? Bananya". They were two characters the show was really lacking.

Planetarian: The Reverie of a Little Planet - Episodes 1-5 (Complete)
I'm finding this show difficult to quantify. I liked it, but I have some reservations, none of which affect the quality of the show. I'll see if I can untangle the mess and write something more comprehensible for the "Rate the Last Anime You Watched" thread.

Also, my father is a reverend, I have never heard that many renditions of "What a Friend We Have in Jesus" in my life until Planetarian...

Last edited:
Blue Exorcist ep 23 - 25
Danganronpa 3 Future Arc ep 3 - 4
Danganronpa 3 Despair Arc ep 3 - 4
Tales of Zestiria ep 6
Planetarian ep 4 - 5
Re Zero Starting Life In Another world ep 20
Hitorinoshita the Outcast ep 5 - 6
Food Wars Second Plate ep 7
Rewrite ep 7
Alderamin on the Sky ep 6
Taboo Tattoo ep 6
The Morose Mononokean ep 4

Alderamin on the Sky ep 6. I'm very interested to see how Ikta handles the upcoming conflict, insurgency is incredibly difficult to defeat and/or resolve.

Berserk s2 ep 7. I love how visceral the action is in this (perhaps more down to the audio than the animation). When Guts starts chopping people in half I feel an urge to throw my fist in the air and cheer him on. It's great when he gets angry :p

Mobile Suit Gundam ep 10-11. The way that lady fell at the end was ridiculous. Her fainting was old fashioned (I know this is from the seventies, but still...) and the animation of her hitting the ground was shoddy, it made it look like she was in a low gravity environment and should have walked away with a bruised elbow. I figured this anime would show it's age from time to time, and this would be one such time.

sweetness and lightning ep 6. Kotori is starting to feel like part of the sensei's family in this episode. I wonder how far the story will take that...?

The Highschool Life of a Fudanshi ep 6. A fudanshi goes to comiket, hilarity ensues.

91 Days ep6

Everyone says Umaru-chan is anime Garfield, but I swear, when Don Orco started shouting for his lasagna, all I could think about was that orange cat.

Last edited:
Back