Your viewing journal

City Hunter 3 (1989) - Episodes 1 - 6 (out of 13) (First Impressions)
AtGyYLJ.jpg
So I finally started City Hunter 3 and man I'm loving each and every second of this. Seeing the characters and hearing their voice again alone places a huge grin on my dopey ass face. The story lines so far aren't blowing me away but are still following the tried and tested formula that the rest of City Hunter adhered to and for good reason, its super entertaining and fun to watch! Everything seems exactly as you would expect it, the animation is great (some bits do look a tiny bit different such as some shots of Kaori's face, but it’s not a massive or negative change), the music is fantastic (retaining many of the old tracks while utilizing many new tracks), and the voice-acting which is the greatest bar none (in which the original cast retain their roles and sounds just the way you'd expect). This is all to say that this is more City Hunter, and man that's music to my ears. I haven't laughed and grinned this much in a while, and as sad as that sounds, City Hunter is just that good. It feels amazing to be back in the world of a sweeper. From an episode where a girl wants to be a detective and enlists Ryo to teach her how to use a gun while trying to find a missing dog, a girl who goes berserk when drunk to an episode where a rich girl pretends to marry Ryo on TV in order to get rid of her suitors, I'm having a ton of fun with the show and I can't wait to watch more.
Bonus: I love the OP and ED

Is The Order a Rabbit??-Episode 10

Rize and Sayro continue to be the highlight of the show. Rize was also super cute in all that sports gear. This show is unrelenting in the amount of outfits it will put its characters into, it's great! I did think we were going to get a Christmas episode next week but that's unlikely given the end of this episode which is a bummer.

The Future Diary-Episodes 14-17

Episode 14: Why do I feel sympathy for Yuno despite the fact she drugged Yuki, tied him up and almost killed all his friends?

Episode 15: Jesus Christ, the way this show glosses over details makes me want to curse until I'm blue in the face. The explanation on the subordinate diaries was incredibly half assed considering it seems massively important. Can you make it happen or does Deus pick? If the latter is true, how are people picked? If it's the former, how do you get a subordinate diary? How did Kousaka get one? How did the two Sevenths get one despite them having real diaries? What and where is that server they were talking about? How is this server linked to other diaries? This is a big deal yet they barely even talk about it and just brush it off! Despite this show being 26 episodes some aspects just feel so rushed I can't help but feel it could have used a few more.

Episode 16: How in the hell did Yuno know Yuki's dad was working for Eleventh? It could have been *anyone*. It could have been Seventh, Eighth, Eleventh or some third party! There is no link to Eleventh. Hell, I'm pretty sure we haven't even seen Eleventh at this point. I really need to know if I am overthinking this show of if the story and writing is genuinely messy in places.

Episode 17: Well that was a pretty good episode. Great ending too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rakudai Kishi e.1 - Despite moments where I started to believe I was accidentally rewatching The Asterisk War, this opener rose above complete nonsense level quite easily thanks to some very good action scenes and just enough of a nod and a wink to established cliches to make me think they secretly know what they're doing. The setting, howver, is a bit too standard on the face of it, so I'm not clamouring to watch more. I'm not ruling it out though.

Concrete Revolutio e.1 - This show, however... this show... I'm trying not to get too excited. With influences clearly ranging from Roy Lichtenstein to Ikuhara Kunihiko, from Madoka Magica to Uncanny X-Men, there was barely a moment that didn't have me completely fascinated. On to episode 2!

edit: e.2/3 - a four-to-six-ish year period of turbulence, returning soldiers, super-weapons, information control. I'm not fully sure what the show is trying to say yet, but I am definitely getting some broad strokes that leave me eager to find out.

The Future Diary-Episodes 18-23

Episode 18: Wow, Yuki was awfully forgiving of his Dad murdering his Mum. Like, he got over that super quick. Weird. Anyway, I thought the start of this episode was really quite out of place but I did like the insight it gave into Yuno's parents. After seeing that, it's no wonder that she's nuts.

Episode 19: ... Wait, what?

Episode 20: I am going to be 100% completely honest. I do not have a single clue about anything that happened in this entire episode. This entire plot is going so over my head I don't even know what is remotely happening anymore. I really want this to go back to being coherent but I think it's only going to get worse. At least it's still entertaining. I just think it would be more entertaining if I knew what in the hell was even going on. I didn't think it was possible to make some battle royale type show this needlessly convoluted.

Episode 21: Thank Christ all that Eleventh business is over, now we can get back to the plot I can actually understand...

Episode 22: How sharp was that knife?! Also, I think this episode equals the last few episodes of Another when it comes tokilling off its entire supporting cast in such a short span of time.

Episode 23: Oh boy, you know a show has gone off the rails a bit when you start getting into multiple timeline stuff. Not sure why upon seeing a future version of yourself your first instinct would be to murder it nor am I sure why the Yuno from that timeline knew where this future Yuno came from or how she knew it was from another timeline cycle. Given this show's amount of unanswered questions I'm just going to roll with it. Also, despite the fact they were very deliberately not showing Yuno's boobs in full before, they now give us a full on sex scene? Jeez.

K-On!-Episode 7

Ah, now here's a show you don't need to be a qualified brain surgeon to make sense of. You just gotta watch the Christmas episode of K-On this time of year and I always love every second of it.

Up to episode 40 now. Was shouting at the screen and characters at one point :lol:

"Don't shoot" they both say, trying to ensure the other didn't turn in to a killer, it was ridiculous and took me out of the enjoyment zone for a while when i considered just how stupid the turn of events were. JUST ******* SHOOT JOHAN YOU IDIOTS I'm sure they'll play out the "could shoot but don't" scenario at least one more time

That being said, it makes for tense, fantastic viewing. New arc in the story now, looking forward to more great side characters and story lines.

Naruto Shippuden episode 442
Full Metal Panic! Fumoffu episodes 1-6 < really fond of this series, tempted to say even more than the original FMP. I wonded how much of my enjoyment of the series is down to it being produced by KyoAni lol

Subete ga F ni Naru e.11 - An almost impossibly beautiful episode to end on, with just enough of a kick in the final minute to remind you what show you are watching. Extremely tempted to go back for an immediate rewatch, but also tempted to wait since the whole series is out on BD in two months' time.

Back