Yowamushi Pedal (Japanese audio) - Episodes 22-24

[spoilerbutton]ABS, ABS, ABS, ABS, ABS
ABS, ABS, ABS, ABS, ABS
ABS, ABS, ABS, ABS, ABS
ABS, ABS, ABS, ABS, ABS
ABBBUUUUUUUUUUUU![/spoilerbutton]

Gundam Build Fighters - Episodes 09 & 10

Bakemonagatari - Episode 02
This episode marked a vast improvement, the stylisation was toned down, making the show a much less scattershot, and the tone and feel of the show seems to have been narrowed down as well. In addition to this, the script felt a lot tighter this episode, and I think that really helped with getting everything else in place. It still hasn't quite clicked for me in the way it has for some people, and I can't see it being something I obsess over in the way others do, but I'll certainly be giving it more episodes and eventually, if it keeps this up, I'll probably make my way through the entire franchise...

IncendiaryLemon said:
Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex (Dubbed)-Episode 1
I think the first Complex episode is Episode 4, so it might take you a while to get that far. I quite like the way the Complex and Stand Alone episodes are mixed in the show, I don't remember feeling that any of the transitions from one to the other were awkward and they always seem to find good ways to justify taking a break from the Complex episodes.

Graphically speaking the OP isn't strong but I'm quite fond of the music and imagery. Maybe one day they'll do a "0.5" edition of the OP where they cut the CGI and do more traditional animation instead, that could be interesting.

There actually was a non-CG opening for SAC, just made up with clips from the show, although I forget now what the circumstances were with that and the CG one.

There was also the 'GET9' opening which appeared later in the season, but it is kind of silly:

Neither were included in Manga UK's DVD release.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yowamushi Pedal (Japanese audio) - Episodes 25-26

Souhou gets the first checkpoint and Onoda, being tasked with being at the front to lead the group, gets caught up in a crash and ends up in last place.

Meanwhile that bit at the end, hilarious. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Recently I've been watching:

Persona 4: The Animation - Episodes 1 - 18 (DUB)
Didn't think much of the dub when I watched the Khazi BDs, but I've been really enjoying the series this time around.

Durarara!! X2 - Episodes 1 - 3 (DUB)
Durarara is one of the series I don't mind watching Dubbed or Subbed, so I've been looking forward to this. I personally really like the DRRR dub and the casting, and I feel the show benefits from being watched back to back rather than on a weekly basis.

Beyond the Boundary - Episodes 1 & 2 (DUB)
Very much watchable dub, great video quality (alongside P4A and SNAFU) and the artbook/extra crap for this release is actually pretty neat. Easily the best Sentai CE so far IMO as it's satisfactory on each level. There is however a strange issue about 15 minutes into episode 2 which sees part of Mitsuki's face duplicated for a few frames. I don't exactly get what's happened here, but I checked the frames against those in a JP BDrip and whilst the same issue doesn't appear, there is a random black dot on screen which appears in the same frames the glitched face does in US BD (in which the same dot is absent).

Yowamushi Pedal (Japanese audio) - Episodes 27-28

CQ1cAqlWEAEcfL5.png:large

This guy is horrifying.

Back