Your viewing journal

Decided to catch up on all this season's shows my dissertation made me fall behind on.

UtaPri Revolutions 4-5. I wish CR had NicoNico comments. They vastly improved the first season.
Ace of Diamond 2 5. Wow. Such drama. Much baseball.
Baby Steps 2 5 - Nice to see Ei-chan doing well.
Rin-ne 4-5 - Can't decide if I like this better than Inuyasha. I think I prefer Kagome as a character though.
Nisekoi: 4-5 - Starting to get beyond where I've read. I liked the Christmas story. Marika is annoying as hell though.
Kuroko no Basket 3 15-16 - Very different from Baby Steps. I like them both in different ways.
Plastic Memories 6 - I can't help but feel the phrase "wasted potential" applies to this show. When it gets it right, it's very good, but it can shoot and miss so badly too.

Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works - Episode 18
Owari no Seraph - Episode 6

Gemsy-chan said:
Persona3 The Movie: #2 Midsummers Knight's Dream....can't wait to get the third film.
I know I said it the other day, but Falling Down really is an appropriate title for the third movie after the events of the second.

Gintama-Episodes 48-52

I finally finished Season 1 of Gintama. Man this is going to take a while to get through. The first series alone has taken me about 25 days to watch and there are 4 in total. Each season is roughly the same amount of episodes so if I continue the pace I have up until now, I will have finished the first Series of Gintama by August. Then after that, there is another 60+ episodes from other series plus OVAs and 2 movies. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if I was still watching this by Christmas.

Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic-Episodes 1-6

I guess I'm picking up yet another show this season. I was only going to pick up 2 yet here I am with 4, plus JoJo from last season. Also, managed to catch up and watch today's episode. Hooray. Now the only downside is I have to start waiting for new episodes.

Sakura Trick-Episode 1

I'd be lying if I said I didn't start watching this for the Yuri but it seems fairly good so far on other levels too. It looks pretty good animation wise and it's pretty humorous. It introduced way too many characters too fast though. In one episode about 6 characters are introduced, and I can only remember 2 of them...

More catch-up.

World Trigger 28-29. Still as slow as a glacier, but I'm quite enjoying it. Nothing amazing or ground breaking though.
UtaPri Revolutions 6 - Shining Saotome is the best thing about this show.
Food Wars! 4-6 - Having read volume 8 of What Did You Eat Yesterday? it occurred to me that this show is that for hyperactive teenage boys. I like it a lot though.

Salamander - Episode 3 [Final]

Nothing special and quite simplistic (it is based on a sideways scrolling shoot-em up after all) but it's enjoyable sc-fi action and I stuff like this hooked me on anime over 20 years ago :D

Knights of Sidonia: Battle for Planet Nine - Episode 5

K Missing Kings
Gundam: The Origin I
Garden of Sinners: Recalled out Summer

What can I say, it's been a good night of high quality movies. The K movie in particular was gorgeous to look at. It's been a while since I saw a native 1080p production. (If not then it's bloody close to it.) I did find the subtitles for Recalled out Summer a bit of a pain as they are slightly mistimed. (appear and disappear slightly too late - especially noticeable when it comes to signs)

Baby Steps s2 ep6.

Fate/stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works s4 ep6. So Archer is Emiya from the future, that explains quite a lot. Though I do now find myself cheering on Archer.

Plastic Memories ep6. So their attitude towards the events of the previous episode is essentially 'we did great, R Security cleaned up our mess but are still the bad guys'. In any case this episode was a jarring shift from the drama of the previous episode into light comedy and romance. *sigh* There really is no hope for this series.

The Heroic Legend of Arslan ep6. I get the feeling these first six episodes were only the prologue, which is excellent if true.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back