Your viewing journal

Watched a couple of movies.

K: Missing Kings...very good but damn there needs to be a second movie after that ending.
Persona3 The Movie: #1 Spring of Birth

Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Episodes 1-2

The first 'modern' anime series post 2006 that I've decided to watch. The backgrounds are nicely done but shame about those moe designs! Thoughts on the episodes:Madoka is not really an interesting character bar her special red ribbons. She is surrounded by tropes; from the transfer student to the personalities of her friends. The green haired friend out of the trio is most likely the enemy while the blonde haired one will probably die as she's the mentor. One thing I didn't like is that it is a bit pandering with 'yuri' comments coming out of nowhere. Not really feeling the drama because there is a lack of tension and urgency. There is mystery but stalker Homura is not at all threatening. I watched one episode in Japanese and the other in English. I preferred the English dub in the end. It's not really grabbing my attention though for it lacks the charm of Sailor Moon and is closer to slice of life anime than expected.

Last edited by a moderator:
neptune2venus said:
Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Episodes 1-2

The first 'modern' anime series post 2006 that I've decided to watch. The backgrounds are nicely done but shame about those moe designs! Thoughts on the episodes:Madoka is not really an interesting character bar her special red ribbons. She is surrounded by tropes; from the transfer student to the personalities of her friends. The green haired friend out of the trio is most likely the enemy while the blonde haired one will probably die as she's the mentor. One thing I didn't like is that it is a bit pandering with 'yuri' comments coming out of nowhere. Not really feeling the drama because there is a lack of tension and urgency. There is mystery but stalker Homura is not at all threatening. I watched one episode in Japanese and the other in English. I preferred the English dub in the end. It's not really grabbing my attention though for it lacks the charm of Sailor Moon and is closer to slice of life anime than expected.

Although I don't think it's amazing like some on here. It is pretty good. Keep watching. I nearly stopped but trust me it gets a lot more interesting.

Personally, I thought the designs in Madoka were great. I don't really get a complaint about them being 'moe'. What's the problem with that?

Anyway:
Kiniro Mosaic-Episodes 8-12 Complete
Gintama-Episodes 46 and 47
DanMachi-Episode 6
Ninja Slayer-Episode 4

Whilst the show is not as abysmal as the first couple of episodes, I still can't help but feel disappointed by this series. Every week I can feel a genuinely good show trying to come through but then it will cut to something like this:
1UvHVJo.jpg

I'm not sure if it's because of budget or because they think the ****** animation is funny but man, I wish they'd stop.

I Can't Understand What My Husband Is Saying s2 ep3-5.

Sound! Euphonium ep5. My attention keeps wandering when I watch this series, I'm just not getting into it at all.

The iDOLM@STER ep18.

Jojo SC: Egypt ep18

Nice to see Joseph getting something to do again, however briefly it may have been. I find it highly unlikely that Avdol is dead for keeps though, considering that his group appear to be fighting Vanilla Ice at the same time as Jotaro & co were playing videogames.

Professor Irony said:

Nice to see Joseph getting something to do again, however briefly it may have been. I find it highly unlikely that Avdol is dead for keeps though, considering that his group appear to be fighting Vanilla Ice at the same time as Jotaro & co were playing videogames.

I don't think I'll ever believe any of them die after Joseph's 'death' at the end of the original series and Avdol's 'death' in SC Season 1 :p

IncendiaryLemon said:
Professor Irony said:

I don't think I'll ever believe any of them die after Joseph's 'death' at the end of the original series and Avdol's 'death' in SC Season 1 :p

Spoilers for JoJo Season 1 and SC: Season 2 Episode 18
Then again people have died throughout the three parts - most notably Jonathan Joestar, the Zeppelis, the pillarmen Wham and AC/DC, lots of Stand villains and numerous animals.

I have a feeling Avdol is indeed dead since Vanilla Ice 'disintegrated him' and ate his arms, and not to mention he already cheat death once which would've made this a cop-out if you know what I mean. And also we're near the final battle with only 6 more episodes left there's bound to be some deaths.

I dunno. Part of me expects at least one heroic death before the end of the series, but equally, the fact that not even the villains have been dying lately would suggest otherwise. I know Avdol lost both arms, but all this talk of the 'other dimension' makes me think that the 'disintegration' may not be permanent. Not to say it wouldn't feel daft to have Avdol 'die' twice, but this is Jojo, after all.

NormanicGrav said:
IncendiaryLemon said:
Professor Irony said:

Spoilers for JoJo Season 1 and SC: Season 2 Episode 18
Then again people have died throughout the three parts - most notably Jonathan Joestar, the Zeppelis, the pillarmen Wham and AC/DC, lots of Stand villains and numerous animals.

I have a feeling Avdol is indeed dead since Vanilla Ice 'disintegrated him' and ate his arms, and not to mention he already cheat death once which would've made this a cop-out if you know what I mean. And also we're near the final battle with only 6 more episodes left there's bound to be some deaths.

You have a point. It just feels like there hasn't been any notable deaths in SC yet. I suppose it is getting toward the end so they might, but I don't know. I feel if Avdol was dead, they'd make a bigger deal out of it, like they did in Season 1 of SC.

Only Yesterday

Another watch of this beautiful film, quite possibly my favourite anime film.

Salamander - Episode 2

Arslan e.1-5: Feels a little more shounen-actiony than I was expecting, but I like a lot of the characters so far and the general setting is rare enough in anime that it is holding up to at least some of its reputation.

Back