Your viewing journal

The Snow Queen episodes 11-20,Totally spellbinding series and beautifully directed by Osamu Dezaki,but it pulls on the old heartstrings and i,ve cried on a number of occasions so far but loving every minute of it.

Orgun said:
Mobile Suit Gundam - Episodes 41 & 42 [Final]

It's not perfect but I had almost forgotten just how good the story is in MSG, it is a true classic in every sense, plus it has been good to finally watch it in Japanese (plus it was nice to see the re-release had the original opening and closing music for the whole series and not that awful music that they had halfway through the original release). Need to watch the movies again soon me thinks!

Just watched Mobile Suit Gundam: Ep. 38-42. Have to say that I really did enjoy this series, partly because of the story and the characters, but partly because I am just in awe of watching such a famous series. There are some bits I did find accidentally amusing however, such as in the very first episode in which Amuro learns how to operate the Gundam by reading the instruction manual - no man has ever learnt how to operate anything from reading the manual - especially in the middle of a battle.

yu yu hakusho episodes 5-8

tomorrow

my first impression - its been 4 episodes and it has a slow pace, but im glad im watching it. im guessing its only going to get better

:arrow: Rosario to Vampire Capu 2, ep. 7-8-9-10

I can't help but feel like I should be ashamed for enjoying this anime, but I'm not :mrgreen:

Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet - Episode 1

I quite enjoyed that and I'm looking forward to the the rest of the series, roll on Valvrave tonight.

Ian Wolf said:
Orgun said:

It's not perfect but I had almost forgotten just how good the story is in MSG, it is a true classic in every sense, plus it has been good to finally watch it in Japanese (plus it was nice to see the re-release had the original opening and closing music for the whole series and not that awful music that they had halfway through the original release). Need to watch the movies again soon me thinks!

Just watched Mobile Suit Gundam: Ep. 38-42. Have to say that I really did enjoy this series, partly because of the story and the characters, but partly because I am just in awe of watching such a famous series. There are some bits I did find accidentally amusing however, such as in the very first episode in which Amuro learns how to operate the Gundam by reading the instruction manual - no man has ever learnt how to operate anything from reading the manual - especially in the middle of a battle.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Yeah, there are a few unintentionally funny bits like that throughout the series, like the salt shortage and how they only ever seem to eat hamburgers! I think the story is an exceptional piece of sci-fi full stop, anime or not.

Orgun said:
Ian Wolf said:
Orgun said:

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Yeah, there are a few unintentionally funny bits like that throughout the series, like the salt shortage and how they only ever seem to eat hamburgers! I think the story is an exceptional piece of sci-fi full stop, anime or not.

I think those funny bits add to overall charm of the series. I mean not only do they always eat hamburgers, but the fact they come from vending machines too did make me laugh.

Watched the first episode of Gargantia this morning as well.

I don't think the promotional art or the Crunchyroll synopsis really do it justice, this was a much better opener than I had expected and I'm keen to see where it goes.

Time Bokan (OVA) - Episodes 1 & 2 [Final]

Silly and reasonably funny, episode 1 is Wacky Races meets Super Robot and episode 2 is a classic Tatsunoko anime love in, this is probably only really fully appreciated by 40 year old otaku who watched all the original shows 30 odd years ago.

Majestic Prince 2 - After a shakey first episode, this is quite nice. Things that need explained are done so pretty swiftly, the comedy is a little better, and it's gathering up a decent pace now. It's pretty decent, so i can see me sticking with it.

I got Gargantia In when it aired but never really shared my thoughts on it: It's pretty impressive overall. The premise is nice, and the main characters relationship with his AI reminds me a bit of Sousuke and AL from FMP, specially in the second half of the show. The only thing i am curious about now, is how much of a "mecha" show this will turn out to be. But yeah, questions ep 2 may just answer, so looking forward to it. And as Orgun says, bring on Valvrave tomorrow. The opening looks really nice for it.

jolu said:
:arrow: Rosario to Vampire Capu 2, ep. 7-8-9-10

I can't help but feel like I should be ashamed for enjoying this anime, but I'm not :mrgreen:

Don't be. While it's not in the same league as the Manga, making it as a fanservice laden harem comedy actually works to it's advantage.
Watched Karin Disc1. This seems to be moving away from the Manga with the introduction of Winner who is apparently going for the "every American stereotype award" so it should be interesting to see where they take this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back