Your viewing journal

Tamako Market 01-12 I liked it, it really did feel like nothing really happened in it, but was entertaining all the same. An easy series to watch in one sitting.

:arrow: Dream Eater Merry 11
:arrow: Rosario to vampire Capu 2 episodes 1 & 2
:arrow: Attack on titan 1 (not bad, this first episode definitely got me interested in the story)

20thCenturyBoy said:
Oreimo S2 Ep.1

I didn't actually realise there had been ONAs, no wonder it felt like I was missing something from the first season. Must watch them now.
Thanks for reminding me - I need to tell a friend who wants to watch Oreimo to watch them.

Aku no Hana episode 1. Didn't have the 'nope.avi' reaction I was expecting after the screenshots that were posted, but I'm not feeling this adaptation. Not feeling it at all. I agree with 20thCenturyBoy about the audio not working with this animation, dialogue scenes feel totally off. The pacing of the episode was hideously slow, too... Not sure how far they are going to get into the story if every episode drags that much.

I think there's definitely a place for this rotoscoping style of animation in the world of anime. It feels very creepy and unsettling - I can see why they've used it for this series. Perhaps an original project would be give it a better chance of being accepted more widely. From my own perspective, I'm just too sold on the character designs from the manga to find this portrayal appealing.

I have FINALLY finished Gundam Seed Destiny. I've been watching it for at least a month, with the original Seed the month before that. I am a bit annoyed that the last episode just kind of stopped, a special 'epilogue' in the dvd extras menu would have been nice, which is what happened with the original Seed storyline. In any case I enjoyed both Seed series, Destiny maybe a little more than original Seed, but I'm glad I can now move on to something without any mecha, space battles or politics. I'm thinking I'll watch World God Only Knows next.

Mobile Suit Gundam - Episodes 41 & 42 [Final]

It's not perfect but I had almost forgotten just how good the story is in MSG, it is a true classic in every sense, plus it has been good to finally watch it in Japanese (plus it was nice to see the re-release had the original opening and closing music for the whole series and not that awful music that they had halfway through the original release). Need to watch the movies again soon me thinks!

Back