Your viewing journal

animefreak17 said:
i understand the endless 8 Is annoying but for some reason i think ( im going to get negative points for saying this ) it is clever in a way. i wish they'd finished the anime to the end of the manga.
Five episodes down and I've started to lose the will to live a bit, though not as much as I'd expected. Endless Eight feels like a missed opportunity; while the costumes change and the scene composition is different, all the events and dialogue are mostly the same despite Yuki saying that the two weeks didn't always play out identically.

Still, at least it's a legitimately great episode I'm watching over and over. And it's still more entertaining than Romeo X Juliet was.

Last edited by a moderator:
Psalms of Planets Eureka Seven - Episodes 6 - 9

There is so much going on in this show and I love the way it teases you along with subtle hints and reveals!!

Spice & Wolf 2 9-12

Finally finished, and I'm really disappointed with it. I mean it;s okay, a solid 7/10 maybe, but I was expectign a lot more from both series. At least it'd a little different to the usual random god appearance and romance type animes.

Started watchign Pandora Hearts episodes 1 and 2. Is it me or is NISA's DVD transfer horrid? Or does the original look this bad?

FourthLion said:
Started watchign Pandora Hearts episodes 1 and 2. Is it me or is NISA's DVD transfer horrid? Or does the original look this bad?

This is a matter of some controversy...

The original had a grainy effect deliberately applied, which is why it looks dodgy, but in the process of creating their DVDs, and for reasons unknown (it was probably an accident), NISA increased the brightness of the video slightly, which makes the grain much more obvious.

Red Garden also had a grainy effect to the video, and it also looked really weird even though there were no complaints about brightness. You'll get used to it, hopefully (I did, for both series). Clever video effects don't seem to lend themselves well to DVD.

R

Thanks, I was trying to work out if it was some purposeful grain effect or just a ton of artefacts and noise. Particularly in the opening of the first episode it looked awful, but I think I got used to it after 10/15 minutes. Still, not ideal on a big screen.

Red Garden is another I've been meaning to watch...

Mobile Suit Gundam 0079-episodes-1-21,really a re-watch of this classic series but having only seen it dubbed before its good to finally watch it in japanese with subs.

Shakugan no Shana III -FINAL- episode 22.

Am I the only one who is finding it really hard to disagree with The Snake of the Festival and Xanadu's creation? Especially after in episode 21, when Eastedge, Westshore and SouthValley stated that their intention was to kill as many denizens as they can so eating humans is spread to be a taboo; yet both Ribesal and The Snake of the Festival have said they do not intend to once in Xanadu.

Black Rock Shooter Episodes 5-6

Hmmm... Its getting really good now. I'm slightly upset that the trolling is now over but its getting so emotional now and the action is F*CKIN AMAZING. half the time you cant tell its CG then the other Half there are only a few dead giveaways but man the Flashback where we got to see what saya's relationship with yuu is and the mystery behind yuu itself is all so well handled. Its retarded how much better this is than i thought it would be and how much more involved it is compared to the OVA. Can't wait to see what happens 8)

on disc 3 f season 6 of dragonball z........................ still hanging in there lol

iv changed my mind on going straight to the one piece series, one long series like dragonball series takes alot out of ya so il watch a few other series first * say 4 or 5 series and movies then watch one piece

here my future viewing

first
dragonball series * i wont be watching this after finishing it for a long long time*

next
5 other series i haven't seen yet * maybe 6*

after that
one piece

next
5 more series or more

after that
naruto shippuden * iv watched the original series so many times i think il take a pass on the original and go straight to shippuden from the beginning and next time around il watch the original *

after that
5 more series that i haven't watched yet

after that
bleach

after that
5 more series that i haven't watched yet

and then go back watching one piece from the beginning again * thats if iv got a few more dvds of the series

I recently finished durarara which was amazing and now part of my favourites.
So now I have began to watch dbz and I'm currently up to episode 14 which has been nostalgic seing some of these episodes again.

sean morrison said:
I recently finished durarara which was amazing and now part of my favourites.
So now I have began to watch dbz and I'm currently up to episode 14 which has been nostalgic seing some of these episodes again.

im on dvd 3 season 6 of z

iv watched dragonball to currently z. iv also watched the movies and it takes a lot out of ya

Episodes 15-17 of dbz.

That would kill me animefreak. I watched dragonball last summer and my plan at the moment is to get up to the start of the namek saga as the vegeta arc is my favourite. Then I will watch other shows at the same time.

sean morrison said:
Episodes 15-17 of dbz.

That would kill me animefreak. I watched dragonball last summer and my plan at the moment is to get up to the start of the namek saga as the vegeta arc is my favourite. Then I will watch other shows at the same time.

i did that watch dragonball z while watching something else but i couldn't do it, so im going to concentrate on the dragonball series, getting it out the way then im watching some of my back logs. to be honest i want to watch one piece but i cant watch it til iv finished dbz otherwise till bug the hell out of me for not finishing it

Back