Your viewing journal

Arbalest

黒い剣士
Moderator
Watched only a couple of things last night:

Seiken no Blacksmith 01 - By recommendation of ilmaestro, and i'll admit, the first episode was much better than i expected it'd be. Animation wise, its very nice, and the story looks to be pretty good too. So shall be looking forward to the next couple of episodes tonight.

Fairy Tail 7 - I think the animation group are finally learning recycled animations for attacks aren't getting them any popularity points, as its certainly becoming a little less common. However the episodes are picking up now i will say, this was a pretty good episode, and hopefully they can keep this pace and quality up now.
 

Lupus

Baka Ranger
Erm...

Mononoke 8&9 - I think it's been nearly a month since I last watched an episode of Mononoke, I think, this arc was easier to understand than the previous one but still required my complete attention. I'll see what the final arc has in store for me tomorrow.

Blitzed Outlaw Star in like 2-3 days, such an easy watch, but very different from how I remember it in some ways. Great series though.

Kite & Mezzo Forte - After someone telling me about the Hentai scene last night in Mezzo with the hilarious line of "Please... I have a boyfriend" when the girl is about to give a BJ to some guy, I had to see it. Watched Kite first edited, wasn't particularly fond of seeing the hentai scene in that. Mezzo Forte was also edited but I watched the hentai scene after wards and damn... it was pretty bad. Apart from that, fight scenes, animation and plot were pretty good. Was totally worth it.

Dog Soldier - This was really bad and I want the forty minutes back for watching it. The whole thing just seems so... pointless. You need to experience it for yourself to understand which I honestly don't recommend.
 

Dracos

Dragon Knight
Finished Planetes. Wow this show is well worth the watch. Nice animation, a good story and character development all come together to create one of those must see anime. Nice to see a SCi-Fi anime with a realistic view of our future in space based on the extrapolation of current technology and knowledge.

Bamboo Blade Part 1. Once I started watching this series I could not stop. Now I can't wait for the Part 2 DVDs. I don't think there is really that much out of the ordinary in the character types, but they are used really well.

Gunslinger Girl Il Teatrino OVA. Not as much action as the main series. It's gentle wind down from the series with more character development that probably should have been part of the main series.
 

Nyani

Student Council President
Watched Kugurumikku, and just starting Time of Eve (have watched 1 ep). Trying to go through crunchyrolls spring/summer stuff. :)

Voddas - from what little you know of me, (or looking at my MAL sorted by rating), would it be my thing? That's the next short series on there, doin shortest first. :p

*edit 2am* Finished it (Time of Eve), teared up a little. <_<
 

Voddas

Symphogear
Nyani said:
Watched Kugurumikku, and just starting Time of Eve (have watched 1 ep). Trying to go through crunchyrolls spring/summer stuff. :)

Voddas - from what little you know of me, (or looking at my MAL sorted by rating), would it be my thing? That's the next short series on there, doin shortest first. :p

*edit 2am* Finished it (Time of Eve), teared up a little. <_<
I watched Time of Eve in one sitting also. Good little series. ^__^

Erm... I don't know what your user name is on MAL but from what I can tell of you, I don't think School Days would be your thing. When they Cry was far better. The best part of Schol Days was the last episode. =P
Give it a try if you like as it looks like alot of people liked it. It just stressed me out tho. lol

edit: I like saying like. :p
 

Dracos

Dragon Knight
Nana Box Set 2. Loving Nana and I am not sure how I am going to wait until February for the next set. I just can't help but feel it all ends badly for someone in the series from Nana K's voice overs.
 

Dracos

Dragon Knight
The sets released only cover half the episodes made so far. It will take a bit longer to get them all out so I won't get to see it all until the middle of next year sometime, but I am a little wary now that you have said it has not finished.
 
I heard that there are plans to animate more of the manga once it's finished or there's enough material. Apparently the anime ends at a good place, though, not on a cliffhanger or anything.
 

Nyani

Student Council President
Voddas said:
Erm... I don't know what your user name is on MAL but from what I can tell of you, I don't think School Days would be your thing. When they Cry was far better. The best part of Schol Days was the last episode. =P

My MAL list is my website linked in profile silly. :p
Aaaand, isn't when they cry like super depressing? I avoid depressing, and gorey. :p
 

Voddas

Symphogear
Nyani said:
Voddas said:
Erm... I don't know what your user name is on MAL but from what I can tell of you, I don't think School Days would be your thing. When they Cry was far better. The best part of Schol Days was the last episode. =P

My MAL list is my website linked in profile silly. :p
Aaaand, isn't when they cry like super depressing? I avoid depressing, and gorey. :p
Then it's definately not for you. :lol:

*checks out MAL* :p
 

ilmaestro

State Alchemist
Caught up on the first nine eps of Kimi ni Todoke. The series gets a lot better as it goes along, more comedy, more things that aren't just 100% sugar.
 

Nyani

Student Council President
Voddas said:
Nyani said:
Voddas said:
Erm... I don't know what your user name is on MAL but from what I can tell of you, I don't think School Days would be your thing. When they Cry was far better. The best part of Schol Days was the last episode. =P

My MAL list is my website linked in profile silly. :p
Aaaand, isn't when they cry like super depressing? I avoid depressing, and gorey. :p
Then it's definately not for you. :lol:

*checks out MAL* :p

Tisk, someone didn't -actually- read my intro post. :p (I'm sure loads didn't, but yes :p)
 

ilmaestro

State Alchemist
I've also now watched up to ep 7 of Umineko - very glad I finally decided to start the anime, can't see me getting time to play the game for a while, and it is living very much up to expectations so far.
 

Zin5ki

Railgun
Pale Cocoon was an ambitious and meticulous experiment, but one that didn't bear much fruit. It was expertly shot and rife with symbolism and nuance, yet the deliberate coldness of the characters worked to the film's detriment; the viewer being kept at a distance from their sentiments. What could have been a thing of beauty is, alas, kept just beyond arm's reach.

Fortunately, this isn't repeated in the much-improved Time of Eve.
 
Top