Your viewing journal

Dragon Slayer

Time-Traveller
A Couple of Cuckoo's (English Dub) Episode 20

A Couple of Cuckoo's Episode 22 Clues.

Black Summoner Episode 12 A haughty reincarnation. (Complete. An enjoyable fantasy outing that made for a decent watch thanks to it's varied main cast of characters. The only downside was the constant swapping between 2D and CGI animation.) 3/5

Engage Kiss Episode 13 Aftermath. (Complete. Original animes are unpredictable and can sometimes be either a hit or a miss but I found this to be rather decent and entertaining.) 3.5/5

Extreme Hearts
Episode 12 Rise to fame. (Complete. A sports anime that portrays teams of girls competing against each other in a variety of sporting matches whilst wearing technologically enhanced gear.) 3/5

I'm the Villainess, So I'm Taming the Final Boss
Episode 1 This looks like an interesting watch.

Lycoris Recoil Episode 13 (Complete. A solid girls with guns anime that hit the ground running with it's interesting premise, decent amount of action and a very likeable lead. This by far is my AOTS. Yoshitsugu Matsuoka I felt did a great job at playing the villain.)  4/5

The Maid I Hired Recently is Mysterious Episode 9 Concerned and clumsy.

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
A Couple of Cuckoos episode 22 Still a child.

Black Summoner episode 12 Battle junkie. (Complete. An action fantasy series that though not exactly original provided a decent watch - not sure if the messaging at the end of the final episode will actually come to fruition though.) 3/5

Engage Kiss
episode 13 Uncover. (Complete. Though it had its moments I felt a bit indifferent towards the story by the conclusion.) 3/5

Extreme Hearts
episode 12 Still work to do. (Complete. The premise here was interesting but the storyline felt a bit hindered by its familiarity.) 2.5/5

Kingdom 4th Season
episodes 127-128 Aftermath of the rebellion.

Lycoris Recoil episode 13 Earnest friend. (Complete. This stood out for me as one of the Stronger new offerings from the season. I wouldn’t mind a continuation one day either.) 4/5

Utawarerumono Mask of Truth
episode 14 In too deep?

One Piece (Rewatch) episodes 239-262

Professor Irony

CYBER FUNKER
Cyberpunk: Edgerunners ep3-7

I can see why everyone fussed over episode 6, it’s certainly striking, both in its visuals and what it’s doing thematically. I’ve enjoyed the show so far, the way it’s handled the story feels quite fresh - the way it’s structured seems more like a tabletop campaign than a typical TV anime, but that works for them here.

Shadow Cat

Stand User
Seasonal Anime:

Engage Kiss - 7/10
Lycoris Recoil - 9/10
Musasi-no - 4/10
Rent-a-Girlfriend 2nd Season - 8/10
Teppen!!!!! - 6/10

I need to start:

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? IV

Series I've started/finished this season

Mieruko-chan - 9/10
Mushoku Tensei - Episodes 1 - 9
Pokemon Sun & Moon - Episodes 1 - 15

Series I stopped caring about due to its UK treatment:

Love Live Superstar

RonJB

School Idol
Log Horizon series 2 episodes 14-25: Put off watching this for ages and I think I was right. Slow, confusing and inconsistent. I know too little about MMORPG's to retain any interest. Some of the characters were fun, though, especially the kids. Doubt I'll be purchasing series 3 anytime soon.

RonJB

School Idol
Book of Bantorra episodes 1-9: Interesting concept but I'm confused about the classification of humans in this world. And also what the "bad guys" are actually after. Lots of action and violence. Will reserve judgement until I've seen the rest of the series.

Dragon Slayer

Time-Traveller
Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest Season 2 - The Illusionary Adventure and the Miraculous Encounter OVA

League of Nations Air Force Aviation Magic Band Luminous Witches Episode 12 Worldwide. (Complete. For what it had to offer this was a decent spin-off series overall.) 3/5

Love Live! Superstar! Season 2
Episode 22 A new song.

Parallel World Pharmacy Episode 12 Purification. (Complete. A decent and engaging edutainment outing that kept my curiosity piqued and also taught me about medicine, diseases and everyday illnesses.)
3.5/5

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 268 Putting the effort in.

League of Nations Air Force Aviation Magic Band Luminous Witches episode 12 Bravo. (Complete. A spin-off series that was entertaining though perhaps wasn’t as strong as some entries in the core series.) 3/5

Parallel World Pharmacy
episode 12 Epidemic end. (Complete. An unexpectedly solid watch overall which utilised its medically-focused premise nicely.) 3.5/5

One Piece (Rewatch)
episodes 263-278, 284-290

Girls with Guns

Mad Scientist
Lycoris Recoil Episode 13 (End) - Where's my Blu-ray already! Good ending to a great season; no way this won't get a second season with how popular it is. 9.5/10

Call of the Night Episode 12 - One more episode to go, wondering how they are going to leave it hanging...

Harem in the Labyrinth of a New World Episodes 1-4 (rewatch) - My friend was over visiting tonight since neither of us work tomorrow, and I started this series for him up on the big screen in my theater. He's enjoying it very much; we'll probably do two more viewings of four episodes each over the next couple weekends when he comes back to visit. I have yet to finish the season myself, I think I've only watched 6 episodes so far, so we'll both be seeing two of the episodes for the first time next weekend...

RonJB

School Idol
The Book Of Bantorra episodes 10-18: Lots of violence and pointless slaughter of random people. Which is strange for an organisation which stores and preserves the stone tablets that contain the records of people's lives. I mean, if you don't care about them when they're alive....

Oops. I forgot to mention that the opening theme for this anime is from Aki Project, the same band that played the opening theme for another bloody anime, Noir. Very similar sounding.

Last edited:

NormanicGrav

Grav's End Harem
AUKN Staff
Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya -Battle for Sanctuary- (English audio) - Episodes 7-10

The plan was to watch a lot more episodes of anime today, but something happened at work, so I was stalled for about 2 hours. Either way I was able to get Saint Seiya's remake series up to date so that's neat.

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Classroom of the Elite 2nd Season episode 13 Snowfall. (Complete. Having come away from the first season feeling indifferent this continuation won me over thanks to the more engaging turn from the lead character. I’m looking forward to the third season next year.) 4/5

One Piece (Rewatch)
episodes 293-302, 304-307

D1tchd1gger

Baka Ranger
AOASHI eps 22-24
Gelling and promotion.
A really good sports show about football which was pretty grounded. It took its time with the progression of our MC from cocky hero of his school team in his small town in the sticks to being the out of depth hick in the big city big club youth academy and gradually improving his skills till he gets promoted to the youth A team! Yes that's right 24 episodes in and he's only got to the youth A team, not the first team or winning at nationals like nearly every sports show I've seen. There's also no dumb "superpowers" like some sports shows, just skills honed over the course of the show, although the MCs skill is his vision which they sort animate as a "superpower", but vision is really hard to get across verbally without a lot of explanation. There's also a sweet, but subtle romance/love triangle which made the off field stuff more interesting too.
The art was pretty good, all characters are pretty unique, but the animation was a lot of the time non-existent, although I get that animating a whole match would take ages to do and some of the things they did with slow-mo etc worked, but other things didn't.
8/10

My Stepmother's Daughter is My Ex
eps 10-12
Family get together.
Fairly unique in that the couple were together and now, after they split, play dumb and deny they have feelings for each other until the end which is the reverse of a lot of anime romances in which they deny feelings then get together right at the end. The problem is that even though the male MC has the personality of a dead fish, the female MC ends up blaming herself and thinking she's the one that has to change just because he has a sad backstory! Although she a massive change of character from when she was going out with him to when they meet as siblings and not particularly for the better in some aspects. There were some amusing moments and some sweet moments, but definitely not the best romance ever.
Art and animation were pretty standard.
6/10