Your viewing journal

A Couple of Cuckoo's (English Dub) Episode 24 (Complete)

The Maid I Hired Recently is Mysterious (English Dub) Episode 1-11 (Complete)

Beast Tamer Episode 4

I'm the Villainess, So I'm Taming the Final Boss Episode 5

I've Somehow Gotten Stronger When I Improved My Farm-Related Skills Episode 4

More than a Married Couple, but Not Lovers Episode 3

My Hero Academia Season 6 Episode 4

Spy x Family Episode 16

The Little Lies We All Tell Episode 2

Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! Season 2 Episode 16

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun 3rd Season Episode 47

Date A Live 3
Episodes 1-3

Rising of the Shield Hero season 1
Episodes 20 + 21
Strange show for me. When I its on I enjoy it but sometimes thinking about putting it on, I'll say to myself no.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 272 Embedded.

To Your Eternity 2nd Season episode 1 Stranded.

31 Days of Halloween 2022! Day XXIII: The Man Who Haunted Himself (1970) (Film)

One Piece (Rewatch)
episodes 586-589, 591-600

Pop Team Epic S2 ep4

Evangelion 3.0+1.0: Prime Numbers Only

So. Yeah. I think this is the best of the rebuilds and it certainly came the closest to recapturing what I liked about Evangelion in the first place, but I found this fourth instalment a bit overlong, and, as others have commented, often lacking a clear point of reference for what was going on in the action scenes.

Without going into spoilers, I appreciated the parts with Shinji trying to deal with his depression in the survivor camp, that was a nice little bit of character study. The action with Misato et al, I found less compelling. Like what we saw of their struggle in 3.x, it's clearly a snapshot of a larger battle that I think would have been hard to depict adequately without giving the entire film over to it, but I also couldn't shake the feeling that we were going over very similar territory to the final act of Nadia, which was never my favourite part of that show.

Strangely, the film also reminded me of The Wind Rises, in the sense of how Anno seems to be inserting a lot of meta commentary on his own life and relationship with the series as a whole. This is interesting up to a point, but I think once I was aware of it, it became distracting and at times it seemed to completely overtake any sense of this film as an actual conclusion to the story.

This certainly comes close to providing the ending that I think most people would have expected from and, presumably wanted, the series to have from the beginning, but it also makes me realise that, in the years since I first saw Evangelion and tried to process the original ending(s), I've really come to appreciate End of Evangelion in all its bitter, horrible glory. Perhaps I wish I didn't.

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 - Episodes 1 - 7 (Blu-ray)

I have been meaning to watch this ever since it was announced as I am a big fan of the original 70's TV series. I've had the BD set on the shelf for a while (having picked it up very chep in a Zavvi sale in 2020) so I cued it up after I had finished set 5 of Ranma 1/2.

So far I am absolutely loving it and comfortably watched 4 episodes on the bounce on Saturday morning. It's got great tension and pacing and I got absorbed into it very quickly.

Mobile Suit Gundam : The Witch from Mercury - Episode 4

This is very easy watching.

Super Beast Machine God Dancouga - Episodes 27 - 28 (Blu-ray)

Ranma 1/2 - Episodes 114 - 115 (Blu-ray)

That's set 5 complete so I'll park Ranma again for a while and pick up set 6 a bit later in the year.

Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War episode 369 Threat.

Golden Kamuy 4th Season episode 40 Operation.

Management of a Novice Alchemist episode 4 Sales and sweets.

31 Days of Halloween 2022! Day XXIV: The Hidden (1987) (Film)

One Piece (Rewatch)
episodes 601-608

Chainsaw Man episode 3 Tit for cat.

Encouragement of Climb: Next Summit episode 4 Multi.

Shinobi no Ittoki episode 4 Aims.

31 Days of Halloween 2022! Day XXV: Event Horizon (1997) (Film)

One Piece (Rewatch)
episodes 609-617

BLEACH: Thousand-Year Blood War Episode 3

BOFURI: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense (Rewatch) Episode 1-12 (Complete)

Chainsaw Man Episode 3

Encouragement of Climb: Next Summit Episode 4

Management of a Novice Alchemist Episode 3

Peter Grill and the Philosoper's Time (Uncensored) Episode 3

Shinobi no Ittoki Episode 4

Back