Your viewing journal

My Roommate Is A Cat episodes 1-5: This started very down (funeral of parents) and deals with the loner son, who somehow adopts a grumpy cat. It's very hard to stop watching this delightful series, which looks at events from both the human and animal viewpoint. I defy any cat lover to not go all googoo over this show!

Made in Abyss: The Golden City of the Scorching Sun episode 8 Shape of their souls.

Smile of the Arsnotoria The Animation episode 8 Blue.

Kingdom episodes 13-26

Harem in the Labyrinth of Another World (Uncensored) Episode 8

Made in Abyss: The Golden City of the Scorching Sun Episode 8

My Stepmom's Daughter Is My Ex Episode 8

Smile of the Arsnotoria the Animation Episode 8

March Comes in Like a Lion Season 2 Episodes 14-22 (English subbed) COMPLETED - Amazing series, such a satisfying mix of comedy, drama, romance, and slice of life, bring on Season 3! (I liked this as much as the Honey & Clover anime) I didn't hate the dub but I think this is much better subbed (same as Honey & Clover) :)

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun Season 1 Episodes 7-23 (English dubbed) COMPLETED - Entertaining, colourful, heartwarmingly wholesome show, Iruma is best boy must protecc at all costs 🥰 I will definitely be watching the other seasons, the dub is pretty darn good too :)

My Roommate Is A Cat episodes 6-12 + commentary: Finding it hard to resist the temptation to watch the whole thing again, but subbed instead of dubbed, for comparison purposes. Really it's just an excuse to see the show again. Why is there no second series of this excellent show?

Call of the Night episode 8 Bonds.

Chimimo episode 8 Meowing and massages.

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? IV episode 6 A new nickname.

The Devil is a Part Timer! Season 2 episode 7 Shiny.

The Yakuza's Guide to Babysitting episode 8 A new friend.

Kingdom episodes 27-38 (Complete. Though the blend of 2D animation and CGI had its ups and downs I found the story decently engaging and am looking forward to seeing how it progresses from here.) 3.5/5

Kingdom 2nd Season
episode 39

Call of the Night Episode 8

I'm Quitting Heroing Episode 14 (OVA 2)

Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? IV Episode 6

The Devil is a Part-Timer! Season 2 Episode 7

The Yakuza's Guide to Babysitting Episode 8

Urusei Yatsura- Only You: nice restore job, now with an English dub.

Grimm's Fairy Tales episodes 1-2: Was under the impression this was a Japanese version, but it looks like a US TV show from the 80s with a Japanese version. Further investigation of the disc required.

Aria The Natural episodes 1-5: Still a lovely floaty TV series that just takes joy in exploring the world around them. Excellent stress relief.

Aria The Natural episodes 6-10: floaty floaty.

Keijo episodes 1-6: Er yeah. I'd probably be loving this if I was still a teenager, I think. I'm sure I can find a buyer once I've watched the rest of the episodes. Apparently., there is a limit to how much jiggling female flesh I can stomach. :cool:

Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer episode 8 A talking horse?!

Prima Doll episode 8 Disappearance.

Shadows House 2nd Season episode 8 Phantom living.

When Will Ayumu Make His Move? episode 8 Errand boy.

Kingdom 2nd Season episodes 40-59

Last edited:
Keijo episodes 7-12: I must admit I did enjoy the big battles at the end, despite the ridiculousness of the premise. Plus, if you watch right to the end, you get a surprise breast shot.

Urusei Yatsura - Beautiful Dreamer: the second film and possibly my favourite, as it includes a sequence showing how all the craziness began while being a self-contained tale of dreams within dreams, where you don't need to know just who all these characters are (although it probably helps).

Aria The Natural episodes 11-13 + extras: and we finally get a little backstory about why Neo-Venezia exists. I like how series 1 went from summer to winter and, so far this series, we've gone from winter to summer in the same number of episodes. Nice consistency.

Violence Jack (Japanese audio) - OVA Episodes 1-2

2022-03-30_178.png

A Couple of Cuckoos episode 18 Wish upon a star.

Black Summoner episode 8 A familiar name.

Engage Kiss episode 9 Reasoning.

Extreme Hearts episode 8 Holiday.

Lycoris Recoil episode 9 Heartbeat.

Utawarerumono Mask of Truth episode 10 Drink up.

Kingdom 2nd Season episodes 60-77 (Complete. This was a solid continuation of the story and the animation felt more consistent overall.) 4/5

Kingdom 3rd Season
episodes 78-80

Last edited:
The Legend of Prince Valiant Season 1 Episodes 1-26 COMPLETED (just season 2 left to go which is 39 episodes) - Initially I was a tad underwhelmed by this when I watched the first four episodes, mainly as I found the bickering between Valiant, Arn and Rowanne, combined with the the show's apparent penchant for having her be kidnapped and tied up or carried off, to give off an unpleasant whiff of potential sexism and "this is and should be a man's world" vibes. (TBF I wasn't paying the closest attention so take that with a pinch of salt) BUT! Regardless of my earlier misgivings when I watched Episode 5 I was very impressed and quickly became hooked. The series definitely moves past all that "damsel perpetually in distress" stuff and also refreshingly portrays men crying and expressing platonic physical affection in a way that still feels unusually forward thinking for a kids' cartoon even in 2022 (sad though that state of affairs is I must give the show credit for it). The writing is excellent with plenty of adventure, a compelling plot and characters and its heart firmly in the right place, moral messages are good and the series makes a real effort to actually show rather than just tell all the time. It's also more raw and realistic than most animated children's and family fare in some key ways - not much blood but there are deaths and injuries and some episodes deal with issues like child abuse and the like, plus words like "murder" and "kill" are used when needed rather than "destroy" etc. I mean considering it's set during the time of Arthurian legend and features wars you'd kind of expect that much really but I still feel it's worth mentioning. The animation is consistently solid enough to support the drama, there's plenty of lovely background art, and the musical score is good enough that I may seek it out in OST format after finishing the series :) People here may have noticed that I no longer post in the viewing journal thread unless I actually complete a series or at least an entire season of it, but I will note that I have watched the first four episodes or so of Season 2 and am thus far pretty impressed with that too, feeling that it maintains the overall quality of Season 1 - I mention this because when I have watched all of Season 2 I will be able to say whether I think this series' relative lack of popularity contrasted with say, Batman: TAS or Gargoyles is justified or not. I'm certainly excited to see how it all pans out :)

Back