Your viewing journal

Professor Irony

CYBER FUNKER
Super Crooks ep1-2

I’ve been failing to get around to this for so long that I’d actually forgotten the premise, so it took me by surprise when the first episode turned out to be a flashback introducing the main character’s backstory that looks very much like it’s been in the Stranger Things dressing up box. Interesting show though; the combination of an obviously Japanese production with Mark Millar’s very un-Japanese writing style is a little jarring at first, but the setup, following a crew of schlubby low-tier supervillains knocking over jewellery stores at the behest of a sneering mastermind who clearly does not have their best interests at heart, feels quite fresh and appealing.

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Akebi’s Sailor Uniform episode 3 After the rain.

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom Part 2 episode 16 Secret.

Lupin III: Part VI episode 15 A nice day to start again.

My Dress-Up Darling episode 3 On the town.

World Trigger 3rd Season episode 14 Conclusion. (Complete. Another solid season for the series, am looking forward to the next.) 3.5/5

Sword Art Online Alicization: War of Underworld
episodes 1-21

NormanicGrav

Quintessential Grav
AUKN Staff
Attack on Titan: The Final Season (Japanese audio) - Episode 19
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba: Entertainment District Arc (Japanese audio) - Episode 8

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Attack on Titan: The Final Season Part 2 episode 78 Beyond the battle.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 233 And then there were four.

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Entertainment District Arc episode 8 Numb.

Sword Art Online Alicization: War of Underworld episodes 22-23 (Complete. Some solid battles and a very convenient turn of events as the climax was reaching its peak) 3.5/5

Symphogear
episodes 1-13 (Complete. Some interesting ideas and musical setpieces which made for a decent watch.) 3.5/5

Symphogear G
episodes 1-3

Dragon Slayer

Time-Traveller
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - Mugen Train Arc (English Dub) Episode 1-7 (Complete. Brilliant from start to finish, another very solid Arc overall.) 3.5/5

Attack on Titan: The Final Season Episode 78

jonno394

Za Warudo
Finished off New Game season 2. Second season wasn't as good as the first imo but some new characters and change of roles for some kept it interesting.

Ending was rather sweet and all it does now is make me want to read the manga to see how life treats certain characters after big decisions are made.

Think i might finally watch Terror in Resonance next.

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Princess Connect! Re: Dive Season 2 episode 3 Came back haunted.

SABIKUI BISCO episode 3 Tactic.

Symphogear G episodes 4-13 (Complete. A decent follow-up season, I’ll check out the rest of the series in time.) 3.5/5

Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd Season
episodes 1-4

Dragon Slayer

Time-Traveller
Seirei Gensouki: Spirit Chronicles (English Dub) Episode 5

Is the Order a Rabbit? (Rewatch) Episode 1-5

Princess Connect! Re: Dive Season 2 Episode 3 Haunt.

The Honor at Magic High School Episode 1-13 (Complete. Enjoyable enough as a spin-off series with what it brought to the table. Overall though it didn't offer anything new to the franchise) 3/5

Lucky_Deity

Great Teacher
Attack on Titan: The Final Season (Part 2) - Episode 78

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - Entertainment District Arc - Episode 7

Platinum End - Episode 15

My Dress-Up Darling - Episode 3

Teasing Master Takagi-san (Season 3) - Episode 3

Lupin the Third: Part VI - Episode 15

Princess Connect! Re: Dive (Season 2) - Episode 2 - 3

Attack on Titan left me speechless, Demon Slayer had some of the best animation it's ever had, Platinum End is setting up a new arc, My Dress-Up Darling continues to be a fun show, Takagi-san was really sweet, Lupin had a Jigen episode which is always very welcome and I'm glad to be back in the world of Princess Connect.

A really solid week for the seasonal shows I'm watching.

Orgun

Dragon Knight
X Bomber - Episodes 22 - 25 [Final]

So looking forward to talking about this on the podcast!!!

86 - Episodes 19 - 21

This has been a good run of episodes but I haven't been as taken with the second half as I was the first, frustrating that we've got to wait until March for the final few episodes.

Ranma 1/2 - Episodes 49 - 54 (Blu-ray)

Last edited:

D1tchd1gger

Baka Ranger
Demon Slayer: Entertainment District Arc ep 8
The fight continues... still!
I know Shounen fights have the reputation of lasting for a number of episodes, but this was the 4th and it's still going! Must be the longest I've ever seen!

Sabikui Bisco ep 3
Team up.

Princess Connect! Re: Dive s2 e3
Spooky investigation.

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Life With an Ordinary Guy Who Reincarnated Into a Total Fantasy Knockout episode 3 Beauty stab.

The Genius Prince's Guide to Raising a Nation Out of Debt episode 3 Tutor.

Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd Season episodes 5-13 (Complete. It had been a while since watching the first season but picking it up again made for a decent continuation.) 3.5/5

Tamako Market
episodes 1-4

Dragon Slayer

Time-Traveller
Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro (English Dub) Episode 3

Is the Order a Rabbit? (Rewatch) Episode 6-12 (Complete. Still as comfy and adorable on rewatch as I remember it being, just like it was back when the series first debuted.) 3.5/5

Is the Order a Rabbit??
(Rewatch) Episode 1-7

Life with an Ordinary Guy Who Reincarnated into a Total Fantasy Knockout Episode 3

She Professed Herself Pupil of the Wise Man Episode 3

The Genius Prince's Guide to Raising a Nation Out of Debt Episode 3

ActionFaust

Za Warudo
Seraph of the End: Battle of Nagoya
Started off as a pretty strong sequel but unfortunately doesn't explain much of the lore or the characters motives while leaving us on a big finale and an unresolved cliffhanger that likely won't be revisited under Studio WIT or indeed at all. Despite this I still enjoyed the two seasons. Solid main characters, great production and a fantastic soundtrack from the quartet of Sawano, Shiraishi, Tachibana and Wada. I'll be checking out the manga at least which I'm surprised is still ongoing. Over six years without an anime sequel and the story hasn't finished lol.

Kite

Stand User
Blue Exorcist: Kyoto Saga
Episodes 1 -12

Minor reboot from the original anime series (where the last few episodes of the original series are ignored in terms of the new series). Much of the same in terms of fighting and character building. Nice enough ending leaving it open if they ever made a 3rd series when the manga ends.

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
In the Land of Leadale episode 4 Summoning.

Police in a Pod episode 4 Hunt and run.

Tamako Market episodes 5-12 (Complete. A charming series despite the bird being a bit annoying.) 4/5

Tamako Love Story (Film)
A solid successor which shifts the tone to be more serious as it deals with topics of romance and the future. 3.5/5

Vincentdante

Railgun
Watching Gankutsuou Up to episode 6 so far but it's very interesting. Very unique art style.

Fate Grand Order Solomon

Great movie though, without spoiling anything this arc is in a weird spot in game as it is the finale to the entire story (until the sequal lostbelt) and it serves more as a grand event in the game. I wasn't sure how this arc would translate into an anime at all frankly, but they did a pretty solid job getting all the story beats they needed.

Looking forward to the blu-ray release.

Last edited by a moderator: