Your viewing journal

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Attack on Titan: The Final Season Part 2 episode 77 Left behind.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 232 Proving.

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Entertainment District Arc episode 7 Neck.

Miss KUROITSU from the Monster Development Department episode 2 Work Hard.

Shining Hearts episodes 10-12 (Complete. A middling storyline which turns from SoL to action towards the end.) 2.5/5

I also watched the new animated release of Doctor Who Galaxy 4 with the existing episode.

ActionFaust

Za Warudo
Your lie in April
Yet more proof that I can get spoiled on how a series ends and it'll still hit me like a truck. Really strong series in all areas, especially the music. A series focused on music demands a great composer and Masaru Yokoyama absolutely nailed it. Kyohei Ishiguro's direction and Yokoyama's music were a perfect match for this series.

Gonna need some easy watching after this. Perfect time to rewatch Love Live! Nijigasaki on the JP Blu-rays

zrdb

Adventurer
Haibane Renmei complete series: rewatched to see whether I can justify upgrading to the upcoming BluRay's, Hmm, must check to see what extras are included.
Did you ever see the japanese bluray release of Last Exile? It looked like crap, the dvds actually looked better. I guess just because something comes out on bluray doesn't make it better than the dvd release.

Professor Irony

CYBER FUNKER
My Dress Up Darling ep2

Well that took a turn.

Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit ep4-6 (English dub)

Continues to be very engrossing, but I think some cracks do appear when the show needs to deal with exposition; no doubt it’s harder to adapt a prose novel into an ongoing series than a serialised manga. It also feels very much as if the production team are saving their strength for the action scenes - the series really shines when it’s tackling a fight or a chase.

Girls with Guns

Cardcaptor
My Dress Up Darling ep2

Well that took a turn.

Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit ep4-6 (English dub)

Continues to be very engrossing, but I think some cracks do appear when the show needs to deal with exposition; no doubt it’s harder to adapt a prose novel into an ongoing series than a serialised manga. It also feels very much as if the production team are saving their strength for the action scenes - the series really shines when it’s tackling a fight or a chase.

I just watched episode 2 of Dress up Darling, and it was a very painful watch. The one trope in anime I cannot stand is the super-embarrased MC whenever they get close to a girl - and this dragged on and on ad nauseum through the entire episode - it just became so obnoxious and was not funny whatsoever. I'll never understand what Japanese consider as humor in anime - between this and all the yelling and screaming crap they love to use, no wonder I hate comedy so much. C'mon, dude, appreciate that thang already, and embrace your destiny! Are all Japanese guys such helpless wussies like this? If this kind of interaction continues into the next few episodes, I will have to drop the series. :rolleyes:

Moribito is an AWESOME friggin' series. Period. 'nuff said. :)

Last edited:

RonJB

Student Council President
Did you ever see the japanese bluray release of Last Exile? It looked like crap, the dvds actually looked better. I guess just because something comes out on bluray doesn't make it better than the dvd release.
I have noticed a few negative reports on the BR quality (and nothing indicating new/enhanced extras), leading me to adopting a policy of sit back and wait for the post-release reviews from others. :)

WMD

Mad Scientist
Is The Order A Rabbit??
More adorable cuteness and hilarity. Theres something very endearing about this show and its characters. And the comedy being firmly rooted in their personalities is very well done.

El Hazard
This show improves vastly as it goes along. Jinnai is a ridiculous loony tunes villian and Makoto is a painfully bland protagonist but everything else is pretty good. The teacher was an especially great character. And the premise of a group of people being isekei-ed is actually a pretty interesting one.

Godannar ep1-15
There was stuff about this that was decent but the core relationship where a 30yr old and a highschooler get married (eww) and then have needless drama and love triangles didn't do anything for me. Season 2 adding another character into that pointless mix just totally drained me so I stopped watching.

Kaiba
Weird as hell. Dark, tragic, twisted and messed up. Very much early Yuasa. This was fascinating to watch although the main antagonists plan and actions didn't entirely make sense to me. As expected the art and colours were unique and incredible.

Orgun

Dragon Knight
X-Bomber - Episodes 20 & 21

Eighty-Six - Episodes 15 - 18

Ranma 1/2 - Episodes 47 & 48 (Blu-ray)

Odin - Photon Space Sailor Starlight

I haven't watched Odin since I reviewed it for the first episode of the podcast but felt a need to watch it again. It's still slow and overlong but I still love the designs, animation, action sequences and pure science fiction of it all!

Not strictly anime, but I picked up the DVD of Guyver: Dark Hero for 50p yesterday. The last time I watched a movie this bad it was Transformers. 90 minutes of shaking my head, thinking they couldn't be serious. Oh well, back to the "proper" cartoons. :)

It is a terrible movie but I remember there were are bits of that of film I quite liked though (although I couldn't tell off the top of head what they were)!

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Princess Connect! Re: Dive Season 2 episode 2 In the Shadows.

SABIKUI BISCO episode 2 Deal.

Space Dandy (Rewatch) episodes 1-13

Gemsy-chan

Soul Reaper
Ep 7 of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba: Entertainment District Arc
Ep 2 of Sasaki and Miyano
Ep 1 of The Genius Prince's Guide to Raising a Nation Out of Debt

RadFemHedonist

Pokémon Master
I’ve decided to start working my way through all the anime from my physical collection on disc that I have not watched/finished via any viewing method yet - so if I’ve seen it all via streaming/another physical release of that title such as DVD or a previous Blu-ray release/etc, then it’s not a priority for viewing for me at this time, in addition to that I will not be rewatching all episodes from series that I have seen in part, rather just finishing the shows from where I left off :)

So first up:

Demon Slayer Season 1 Episodes 21-26 (subbed) - This series is not perfect, there are other shonen series with more thematic depth and complexity but I do genuinely enjoy it, and at least thus far it has not outstayed its welcome in terms of length of time required to view the entire series, in the way that many other shonen do, in addition to this it's beautifully animated and visualized and the protagonist is a lovely person with a lot of compassion and kindness in him, traits I admire and aspire to, and I actually like the comedic secondary characters even though I understand why they are not to everyone's taste -

I found the final few relatively lighthearted episodes of this season a welcome dose of needed levity and they made me laugh and smile :)

I will try to get my mitts on a copy of the upcoming UK Limited/Special/Collector's Edition of the Mugen Train film, especially as I believe it has the OST included, and look into which streaming services have the Season 2 episodes available, at some point in the future :)

I'm now working my way through Episodes 5 onwards of Dusk Maiden of Amnesia (dubbed) (I think I am on Episode 8 or 9 now) :)

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Life With an Ordinary Guy Who Reincarnated Into a Total Fantasy Knockout episode 2 Charmed.

The Genius Prince's Guide to Raising a Nation Out of Debt episode 2 Present.

Space Dandy (Rewatch) episodes 14-26 (Complete. It’s been a while since I revisited this series and despite a few less memorable episodes it’s still a favourite of mine, baby!) 4.5/5

Dragon Slayer

Guild Member
Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro (English Dub) Episode 2

Life with an Ordinary Guy who Reincarnated into a Total Fantasy Knockout Episode 2 Charm.

She Professed Herself Pupil of the Wise Man Episode 2 Sceptical.

The Genius Prince's Guide to Raising a Nation Out of Debt Episode 2 Gift.

RadFemHedonist

Pokémon Master
I finished Dusk Maiden of Amnesia (dubbed), I thought it was a very enjoyable experience and I cried a lot at the backstory part. The backgrounds were stunning and had a fairly unique feel, and I will consider buying the blu-ray of this, though it may be worth holding onto my UK DVD release as IIRC the Japanese commentary tracks are not included on at least the older US blu-ray of the series with the OST? Maybe they are on the newer BD release though :)

Amanchu Season 1 Episodes 12-13 (subbed) - This show is magical and I love the soft yori vibes it has, I do really like Aria too but i prefer this a bit to Season 1 of that at least :)

Now I'm watching Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions Season 1 (dubbed) starting with Episode 2 as I have already seen Episode 1 :)