Your viewing journal

Dragon Slayer

Guild Member
The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat (English Dub) Episode 2

Banished from the Hero’s Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside Episode 9

The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat Episode 9

zrdb

Adventurer
G-On Riders-I was digging through my several piles of self made anime dvds I did back in my earlydays of fandom and came across this series. It was a fun watch, nothing serious-just fun.

Girls with Guns

Za Warudo
Just going to copy/paste from other's posts, lol:

The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat episode 9
Banished from the Hero's Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside episode 9

These two series are about the only ones I'm interested in this season, now that Fena: Pirate Princess is over. I'm really liking both of these, though.

Professor Irony

CYBER FUNKER
Seitokai Yakuindomo ep5-6

Stone Jocean ep1-2 (English dub)

Remains to be seen how it’ll pan out, but this certainly hit the ground running. Jolyene seems like a much more entertaining mc than Giorno too.

RonJB

Student Council President
Utawarerumono episodes 1-18: This reminded me a bit of That Time I was Reincarnated as a Slime, possibly due to its being based on a video game. A man is found injured in the forest with no memories and, as time goes on, his wise decisions see him defeat evil lords and made an emperor with a following of powerful and wise people. Can't wait to see what happens in the last few episodes. Probably would have been more popular if some of the names weren't quite so unwieldy.

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
SAKUGAN episode 9 Papaya.

The Aquatope on White Sand episode 22 Pollution and preparation.

Naruto (Rewatch) episodes 92-96, 100, 107-117

RonJB

Utawarerumono episodes 19-26: The last episodes were action packed, full of very bloody violence and miracles, along with a bit of high tech science. I get the impression that the writers had a grudge against the voice actors. Why else having names like Shikeripechim, Kuccha Keccha, Emperor Orikakan, Onkamiyamukai, Witsalnemitea, Onvitaikayan and Karurauatsuurei.

There sure were a lot of psychotic leaders and commanders. And poor Hakuro, every time he tried to sneak away to confront an enemy solo, he'd end up with an huge entourage of friends.

WMD

Mad Scientist
Hello World Spanish dub
This film is great and a visual feast. And held up surprisingly well on a second watch (first time was in English) even knowing the twists. If anything knowing what happens increased my emotional investment.

I Want To Eat Your Pancreas rewatch Spanish dub
As part of the simulwatch so more thoughts in that thread. Great film and very emotional.

Her Blue Sky Spanish dub
A bit slow at times but has some nice ideas and great character stories woven together.

Fire Force season 2
Goes in some mad direction but really good world building and expands nicely on season 1. It's a crazy but super fun watch.

D1tchd1gger

Soul Reaper
Sakugan eps 8 & 9
Infighting and breakdown.

Blade Runner: Black Lotus ep 4
Total recall.

Let's Make a Mug Too s2 e10
Spark of inspiration.

Demon Slayer: Mugen Train Arc eps 1 & 2
Episode 1 is new material that takes place the day before the train departs at the start of the film, with Kyojuro starting his investigation.

Girls with Guns

Za Warudo
Her Blue Sky Spanish dub
A bit slow at times but has some nice ideas and great character stories woven together.

I just watched this movie earlier in the week and promptly added the JP Limited Edition Blu-ray boxset to an order I was placing with amazon.co.jp. The JP set includes English subtitles, and that is the way I viewed it streaming. I wasn't sure if I would like it or not, but ended up really enjoying it.

71PgrvWV0GL._AC_SX466_.jpg

WMD

Mad Scientist
I just watched this movie earlier in the week and promptly added the JP Limited Edition Blu-ray boxset to an order I was placing with amazon.co.jp. The JP set includes English subtitles, and that is the way I viewed it streaming. I wasn't sure if I would like it or not, but ended up really enjoying it.
Yeah it is really good. I was never entirely sure how it would go and the main pair of sisters were really interesting and you cared for both of them. Also any anime where people play guitars immediately gains favour with me lol

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Let’s Make a Mug Too episode 10 Sun.

Selection Project episode 10 Their own way.

Taisho Otome Fairy Tale episode 9 Real love.

Naruto (Rewatch) episodes 118-135 & 220 (Partially) (Complete. With this rewatch I finally had the entire series, filler asides, on Blu Ray. It’ll likely take a while for Viz to put all of Shippuden out though.) 4/5

RonJB

Penguindrum episodes 1-24: Well, it finally arrived. Took so long I couldn't remember why I'd ordered it. Very strange. Started off mysterious and amusing and got bleaker and more complicated as it went. Lot of thing were not explained, but it had its moments. Will need a second watch (and possibly third) to pick up all the little details in the background I didn't spot the first time.

Now on to Magic Knight Rayearth, so I can decide whether I want to splash out on those special edition box sets in ATA's Christmas sale.

NormanicGrav

Grav's End Harem
AUKN Staff
MAOYU (Japanese audio) - Episodes 7-12 (Completed)

I'm behind schedule on how I generally go through my backlog and simulcasts, so I'm planning on watching two more shows and one more film from the Blu-ray backlog before I shift to checking out the Autumn 2021 anime season.

D1tchd1gger

Soul Reaper
RUMBLE GARANNDOLL ep 8
Treasure got.

Pride of Orange ep 8
Doing it for a friend.

Taisho Otome Fairy Tale ep 8
Open your heart.

Demon Slayer: Mugen Train Arc eps 3-5
Realised just how much exposition the baddy spouts when watching these and the cgi of the demon taking over the train still looks terrible. Guess they didn't think they had to fix it.

Professor Irony

CYBER FUNKER
Stone Ocean ep3-7

There’s a little more levity entering the mix now, but with its prison setting and angrier protagonist, this has felt a bit harder edged than most of the other instalments so far. It certainly goes down easy though- they have a real knack for cliffhanger episode endings.