Your viewing journal

Decided to watch a couple movies from my pile tonight:

Eureka Seven: Hi-Evolution 1
Bit confusing at the way it jumps forward and back in time. Although I believe the 2nd movie is a bit of a mess in terms of story

The Empire of Corpses
Nice artwork

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom (English Dub) Episode 12

My Senpai is Annoying (English Dub) Episode 5

My Next Life As a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! X OVA

My Senpai is Annoying Episode 12 Reliable. (Complete. A workplace anime with a likeable cast and decent center pairing. Besides the office hijinks there is also an adorable co-worker partnership to be found here.) 3.5/5

Started rewatching Fiddler on the Roof with my mum, it really is a wonderful film. I am also on episode 12 of Xam'd Lost Memories and watched episode 1 of The Story of Saiunkoku :)
I watched Fiddler on the roof yesterday, as part of my Christmas watch of old favourite films. I also watched Tokyo Godfathers (of course), Muppet Christmas Carol (again, of course), Under Milk Wood (2015), Cyborg She, Little Shop of Horrors, Ghostbusters (1984), Gold diggers of 1935 AND Gold diggers of 1937. Finished Christmas with a bit of Babymetal live at Budokan just to annoy the neighbours.

Now I can get back to my pending anime pile with a clear conscience. :)

Ergo Proxy eps 22 & 23 (complete)

My Senpai is Annoying ep 12 (complete)
Grown up.
A sweet rom-com based in the sales department of a company. All the characters were fun and had there own little quirks. The central romance was sweet enough, but there was also another couple who arguably were more fun and got a bit further.
The art and animation were up to the usual Doga Kobo standard and the OP was another excellent fun one. The ED was a bit more reflective than normal.
8/10

Yuuki Yuuna is a Hero
s3 eps 10-12 (complete)
The final battle.
Well this was a confusing mess. It introduced 2 whole new teams of characters and some of them had character designs very similar to our first team. The first team seemed like a scout unit sent out to do an even more dangerous job than our heroes, mainly because they were under equipped, but because of the designs it actually took me a few minutes to realise that they weren't the same team. The second new team was clearly set up as a different team because of the way we were introduced, but again very similar designs (and names in some cases). I think intentionally to signify it was inevitable that our team would become heroes. What was probably even more confusing was that I didn't rewatch the first 2 seasons and had forgotten a lot, although even though @Dai had, they said in their review it was confusing as well.
Also didn't help that I was nodding off watching these last 3, so I missed stuff. I didn't really care by this point though.
Art and animation were pretty good, although there was a little too much going on in the battles which added to the confusion.
5/10

Yesterday and todays viewing:

86 EIGHTY-SIX Part 2 episode 10 Enough.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 230 Through the fog.

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Entertainment District Arc episode 4 Prowl.

Lupin III: Part VI episodes 11-12 Avenging.

My Senpai is Annoying episode 12 By your side. (Complete. This was an enjoyable series with an endearing cast.) 3.5/5

World Trigger 3rd Season
episode 12 Decision.

Am also continuing to delve into my Doctor Who Season 17 Blu Ray set.

Lupin III: Part 1 ep1-4 (English dub)

Very much enjoying revisiting Part 1, although I slightly question what anyone coming to the franchise anew might make of it. It was all change once the Miyahata tag-team got involved, but the episodes prior to their arrival are a completely different animal. Even aside from the causal misogyny, I’d forgotten quite how weird it could get. Surprisingly, the first episode feels more in line with the daft capering of Part 2, but there’s an almost dreamlike quality to the storytelling in the subsequent episodes, where things are often apparently linked together more by mood and motif than any definite logic. There’s a real darkness to them as well; compared to the coziness of the recent material, this feels like a world where life is cheap and Lupin’s gang is held together more for convenience and horniness than any familial bond.

Princess Principal Crown Handler 2-even watching it raw with no subs-this was exceptional. I could follow the plotline with no problem and it ends on a cliff hanger. Please don't tell me to use spoiler tags-cliff hanger doesn't really give any thing away.

Back to reducing the pile.
Moon Phase episodes 1-14: a young (Japanese) vampire girl tries to escape from whoever is keeping her trapped in a gothic castle in Germany. At times cute and sweet, with some comedy and bitter love rivalry, plus some excellent action sequences. Was enjoying it so much, I almost burned my dinner. When I started this anime, I realised I had a 4 inch model of the lead character I bought in one of those capsule thingies in Kyoto in about 2007.

Attachments

• 20091214_0125.JPG
    20091214_0125.JPG
    176.5 KB · Views: 2
Continuing to watch through my Doctor Who Season 17 set, was poignant watching the In Conversation feature with Bob Baker.

Sword Art Online Alicization War Of Underworld
Another fun romp in the SAO universe.

Big Order
Feel the MC could've been better at using his powers. But on balance it was a decent watch. Haven't watched the OVA yet as it seemed quite the undertaking.

Akudama Drive
Really excellent this. The way but develops and the twists and turns in the latter half are very exciting to watch. The art and animation are great to. The location cuts with various parts of the image sliding in from different offscreen directions was very cool too.

Gleipnir
Interesting premise let down by it's one cour run time which ends at an extremely annoying point in the story with nothing resolved.

Recently fell back in to anime thanks to the following:

The Disastrous Life of Saiki K / Reawakened (rewatch) - watched this as and when Netflix added it over the years, and loved the cast and the antics. Probably one of my favourite comedy anime. The psychic powers and the desire to keep them secret, not use them for your own gain etc allows for a lot of wacky plot lines.

Saiki learning to appreciate his friends and occasionally showing cracks of actual humanity underneath his generally introvert/cold shell will never fail to make me smile.

Erased (netflix) - Man this show has been something i wanted to watch when it first aired and AL licensed it, but i never got round to it and fell out of physical collecting. Finally got round to it this fall and i loved it. Great cast, plenty of emotional bits especially between the two leads. Twist/killer was a bit obvious but still really well done, and it landed the finish too. Top stuff.

Kakegurui / XX (Netflix) - Seen this on Netflix Over the years and the ecchi looking art kept me away from this, but seeing it as an AL early bird made me interested in finally checking this out. Interesting premise with the gambling in the academy back drop. Like the different gambles and the students/council. Great build up to the end of season 1 and then the Second season kicked the stakes up considerably. Really good pay off at the end. Looking forward to the prequel series and hopefully a season 3.

With that I'm back in to buying physical! Just started a rewatch of Durarara so i can finally watch X2 and finish this. I know X2 isn't supposed to be amazing but I'm looking forward to it nonetheless.

Moon Phase episodes 15-26: Excellent action packed and emotional end to the series (episode 24) although some mysteries remain (the fate of missing parents for one). Episode 25 was a fluffy farewell at the rebuilt shop and episode 26 was an OVA which was rather surreal, as the family house was lost floating on the ocean with just a giant cork to keep the water out. If anyone can explain why washpans kept falling on people's heads, I would appreciate it. And I must have blinked and missed the reason Hikaru was wearing cat ears. Surely being a vampire, bat ears would have.... :)

86: EIGHTY-SIX (Japanese audio) - Episodes 15-17
Banished from the Hero's Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-10
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba: Entertainment District Arc (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-2

2021-12-29_28.png
2021-12-29_29.png

Banished from the Hero's Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside episode 13 The Quiet life again. (Complete. Though initially an enjoyable watch I found the final arc to be a bit lacking.) 3/5

Neon Genesis Evangelion (Rewatch)
episodes 1-7

Blood c
1-12
Watched this over the last 3 days
Thought it was very good overall.. Think it was eps 9 and 10 or 10 and 11 what were abit meh and thought it could of been done better
It made up for it the last episode those.
Ill now be looking at watching the movie... Hopefully as good

Back