Your viewing journal

Shame you're not getting into it. It's one of my favourite ever comedies. I love how crazy, all over the place and irreverent it is. Some the background visual jokes are hilarious for me. But I guess comedy is one of the most subjective art forms after all.
According to Wikipedia, there are 29 main characters to keep track of, the foreground story, any number of background stories and weird comments on the blackboard in most scenes. It's just too much to take in, and I no longer have the leisure time to watch the 26 episodes the three or four times, with my finger hovering over the pause button and AD notes switched on, that would be required to get the jokes.

According to Wikipedia, there are 29 main characters to keep track of, the foreground story, any number of background stories and weird comments on the blackboard in most scenes. It's just too much to take in, and I no longer have the leisure time to watch the 26 episodes the three or four times, with my finger hovering over the pause button and AD notes switched on, that would be required to get the jokes.
That's fair. Though for me I like that when I rewatch it every few year I can pick up on new things. Theres the core characters I care about and then theres the rest which are fun asides but I've always enjoyed that surrealist humour so it's very much up my street.

Let’s Make a Mug Too episode 12 Title. (Complete. An enjoyable second season of comforting anime fun.) 3.5/5

Selection Project
episode 12 Preparation.

Taisho Otome Fairy Tale episode 11 Separation.

Naruto Shippuden (Rewatch) episodes 338-345, 363-367

Finished Season 2 of "Lets make a mug too". Really enjoyable series

Decided to see what the manga was like and it turns out you can download or read Chapters 1-7 for free here. So I will give it a read tomorrow

86 EIGHTY-SIX Part 2 episode 9 Come together.

Lupin III: Part VI episode 10 The birds.

MUTEKING THE Dancing HERO episode 12 Last dance. (Complete. Colourful but unfortunately very forgettable.) 1.5/5

My Senpai is Annoying
episode 11 Photograph of you.

The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated! episode 20 Laughter and forgetting. (Complete. A fun and easygoing series which expanded its cast as it progressed.) 3.5/5

World Trigger 3rd Season
episode 11 Final fight.

Naruto Shippuden (Rewatch) episodes 368-375, 378-387, 391-393

Mawaru Penguindrum (rewatch, subbed) - I really am glad I bought the CE of this and rewatched it in the end, as it really is beautiful and profound.

Ghost Hunt Episodes 1-3 (dubbed) - I wasn't sure what to make of this show's dub when I sampled it a few years ago, but I'm really enjoying the series now, I like dementia anime so this is right up my street :)

Last edited:
Pani Poni Dash episodes 15-18: Still watching

RE-KAN! episodes 5-13: I enjoyed that. Good light relief from the darker anime.

Seitokai Yakuin Domo episodes 10-13: Still missing a number of the more sophisticated jokes, but young people are so (theoretically) knowledgeable about such matters now. Not sure about the predatory (female) teacher and the constant jokes about the short girl.

My Senpai is Annoying (English Dub) Episode 4

Restaurant to Another World Season 2 (English Dub) Episode 5

Let's Make a Mug Too 2 Episode 12 (Complete. Another enjoyable season of comfy goodness.) 3.5/5

My Senpai is Annoying
Episode 11 Photo.

Restaurant to Another World Season 2 Episode 12 Celebratory after-party. (Complete. A decent second season and more of the same culinary delights.) 3/5

Selection Project
Episode 12 Preparations.

The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated! Episode 20 (Complete. An anime with a constantly expanding roster of characters as the series played out, overall though this was fairly laid back and fun.) 3.5/5

Yuki Yuna is a Hero: The Great Mankai Chapter Episode 12 Seperate paths. (Complete. A fitting conclusion to what has been a decent and entertaining anime series full of twists and turns along the way.) 3.5/5

Z/X Code Reunion Episode 10-12 (Complete. This is a series that I've been meaning to watch for a while now. Overall the concept was intriguing but generic though the action sequences where pretty decent. I did find the amount of fanservice used was unnecessary.) 3/5

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation 2nd Season (English Dub) Episode 17

Irina: The Vampire Cosmonaut Episode 12 Speech. (Complete. A Sci-Fi series with an intriguing human-vampire central pairing combo at it's core which made for an intersting watch.) 3.5/5

Mieruko-chan Episode 12 Exorcised. (Complete. Spooky and at times a somewhat eerie supernatural comedy that portrays the every day struggles that the MC faces trying to ignore their ghoulish surroundings.) 3/5

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation 2nd Season
Episode 23 The journey continues. (Complete. An excellent second half to what has been a very solid isekai throughout. I'm hopeful for a continuation in the near future.) 4/5

Pani Poni Dash episodes 19-22: I fear I may be starting to enjoy it a little. :)

Violet Evergarden, the movie: Finally decided I was strong enough to make it through this. I think next time I'll watch it subbed, as the little girl's laugh got really annoying after a bit.

Heaven's Memo Pad episodes 1-5: Interesting. Not sure why they keep describing themselves as NEET's, as a freelance detective agency certainly sounds like work to me (just ask Sherlock Holmes).

Big problem! My collector's editions of Magic Knight Rayearth just arrived (Sunday morning!). Do I go back to the start or continue from where I left off (end of series 1)? Life is such a struggle, eh?

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 229 Doubts.

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Entertainment District Arc episode 3 Smash.

Irina: The Vampire Cosmonaut episode 12 Speech. (Complete. An interesting premise which just about managed to stick the landing - no pun intended.) 3.5/5

Mieruko-chan
episode 12 Taking care. (Complete. A premise I thought may wane actually made for a solid watch throughout.) 3.5/5

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation 2nd Season
episode 23 Moping and moving forward. (Complete. Another very good season which pushes the characters in new directions and confrontations.) 4/5

Naruto Shippuden (Rewatch)
episodes 414-415, 418-421, 424-425, 459-463, 470-477

Heaven's Memo Pad episodes 7-12: Quite good overall, although a bit dark in places. I'm curious about events in the very first episodes, where Narumi is wandering the backstreets of Shibuya looking for someone (I think he even mentioned the name Alice), when he stumbles across the NEET Detectives on an operation outside a Love Hotel. What he was seeking is never mentioned again. Now, as the leader of the NEET Detectives is a devious young shut-in female Sherlock Homes, I'm wondering whether she lured him to the location precisely so he would be drawn into their organisation and become her assistant. Maybe the manga answers this.

Anyway, it's Christmas week so it's all festive films from here on in. :)

The Fruit of Evolution: Before I Knew It, My Life Had It Made episode 12 (Complete. Trashy but sometimes entertaining.) 2.5/5

The Vampire dies in No Time
episode 12 Festivities (Complete. An entertaining and fun comedy series.) 3.5/5

Naruto Shippuden (Rewatch)
episodes 478-479, 494-500 (Complete. Though I enjoy this series a lot there are issues with the repeated flashbacks and filler that creep in as the story progressed. I’m also curious to see how quickly Viz will probably be putting this out on Blu Ray in the coming year or so.) 4/5

Penguindrum 1-24

Good show, very philosophically heavy

Momoka and Sanetoshi are agents of Tzeentch of Warhammer fame and no one can convince me otherwise.

Sanetoshi is Tzeentchs carefully laid plan to cause chaos to the world on a grand scale, while Momoka is Tzeentchs carefully laid plan to bugger up the first.

Both while acting as agents of change.

All according to plan. Bloody Tzeentch

anyway solid 9/10 show.

The shorts on the On Gaku Our Sound blu ray. A fun little collection. Mountain, despite being the simplest in terms of animation was the most fun.

Death Parade
Amazing show. The premise is so interesting and the way individual episodes unfold is so well executed.

Nichijou
Loved it. Great adaptation. Fun and wacky, and just a good time.

Skull Man
Different to what I was expecting. Thought it would just be a horror but was more of a supernatural mystery thriller horror. Enjoyed it.

Also went and saw Spider-man No Way Home again. Excellent film.

Aggretsuko s4 eps 8-10 (complete)
What a roller-coaster for Haida!
This season dealt a lot with Haida trying to improve himself in many ways and also the harshness of what happens when Japanese businesses start to go down hill. Some moving moments, but definitely not as fun as the last season.
7/10
And right at the end season 5 was announced 🤘🤘🤘

Blue Period eps 9 & 10
Drowning and naked truth.

Mieruko-chan ep 12 (complete)
3 for 3.
The events in the first 3 episodes got repetitive and I nearly dropped it, but the 4th did something different and towards the end it got quite good with a mystery element that came in, although some of it got resolved there's still more to be revealed about Mieruko's power.
The art and animation were pretty standard. Some of the ghost designs were creepy, but not scary and some of the ecchi elements were weird and unnecessary, but calmed down as the show went on.
7/10

Taisho Otome Fairy Tale
ep 11
On a mission.

My Senpai is Annoying ep 11
Happy New Year.

takt op.Destiny episode 12 The final song. (Complete. Though featuring some strong moments and fights alongside a solid score I was admittedly left a bit indifferent to the story come the ending.) 3/5

Taking a break from anime to start watching through the newly released Doctor Who Season 17 Collection set.

Back