Your viewing journal

D1tchd1gger

Flame Haze
Komi-san Can't Communicate ep 1
Seems like it might be pretty entertaining, although as I feared the Netflix subtitles can't keep up with the shear amount of text on screen. Would have been much better for Crunchyroll to get this as they, generally, tend to translate everything on screen and place the subs next to, or even over the top of, the text being translated rather than at the bottom or top of the screen.

takt op.Destiny ep 3
It's... Showtime!

86 s2 e3
Back in the action. LOL at the blatant death flag before the character dies in literally the next scene! Not subtle at all.

Sakugan ep 3
Shortcut.

The Aquatope on White Sand ep 15
Small secret.

Platinum End ep 3
Loves arrow.

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
SAKUGAN episode 3 Freefall.

The Aquatope on White Sand episode 16 Behind the attitude.

31 Days of Halloween 2021! Day XXI: Ichi the Killer (Film)

Mahoraba Heartful Days
episodes 14-26 (Complete. A quirky comedy drama focused on a group of people who live in the same lodgings and their landlady who has multiple personalities which trigger due to shock and have a tragic relevance to the backstory for Kozue. This was another enjoyable series that I may not have heard of if not for the recent Discotek Media release.) 3.5/5

Last edited:

Professor Irony

CYBER FUNKER
Way of the Househusand ep7

Komi Can't Communicate ep1

The lack of subs for the onscreen text is irritating, but I'm broadly on board with this. From the panels I’d seen of the manga, I assumed it was played more purely for laughs though - the anime seems to be trying very hard to emulate a Shinkai film and I'm not sure how I feel about that. I do like that they're doing the city pop album cover art style for the ED though.

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Let’s Make a Mug Too 2 episode 4 Sinister pottery.

Selection Project episode 4 Trying to get along.

Taisho Otome Fairy Tale episode 3 Welcoming.

31 Days of Halloween 2021! Day XXII: Critters & Critters 2: The Main Course (Films)

Majestic Prince
episodes 1-12

Thursday.

The Seven Deadly Sins: Dragon's Judgement (English Dub) Episode 1

The Seven Deadly Sins: Wrath of the Gods (English Dub) Episode 18-24 (Complete)

Komi Can't Communicate Episode 3 Phone.

Yesterday.

The Seven Deadly Sins: Dragon's Judgement (English Dub) Episode 2-6

World Witches Series: World Witches Take Off! (English Dub) Episode 11

Zombieland Saga Revenge (English Dub) Episode 10

Let's Make a Mug Too 2 Episode 4 Possessed pottery.

Restaurant to Another World Season 2 Episode 4 Curious kids.

Selection Project Episode 4 Friction.

The Aquatope on White Sand Episode 16 Parental struggles.

Yuki Yuna is a Hero: The Great Mankai Chapter Episode 4 Decision.

D1tchd1gger

Flame Haze
Let's Make a Mug Too s2 e4
Getting made.

Yuuki Yuuna is a Hero s3 e4
Retrieval.

Blue Period ep 3
Trying to find inspiration.

Taisho Otome Fairy Tale ep 3
Spring Thunder.

My Senpai is Annoying ep 3
Christmas spirit.

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
86 EIGHTY-SIX Part 2 episode 4 Similar

Lupin III: Part VI episode 2 Technique.

MUTEKING THE Dancing HERO episode 4 Chilling out.

My Senpai is Annoying episode 3 Gifts.

The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated! episode 12 Spill.

World Trigger 3rd Season episode 3 Regroup.

31 Days of Halloween 2021! Day XXIII: Critters 3 & Critters 4 (Films)

Majestic Prince
episodes 13-24 & Special (Complete. An enjoyable action-mecha anime series for which I’ll be watching the film sequel next.) 3.5/5

RonJB

Brigade Leader
Rewatching Food Wars S1 & S2, while waiting for S3-5 to appear, and wondering if there will ever be a mention of who Soma's mother was.

Or did his dad cook him up in a kitchen one dark and stormy night?

ActionFaust

Combat Butler
Rewatching Food Wars S1 & S2, while waiting for S3-5 to appear, and wondering if there will ever be a mention of who Soma's mother was.

Or did his dad cook him up in a kitchen one dark and stormy night?
Food Wars didn't sell too well in the UK IIRC so you'll probably have to settle for streaming or importing unfortunately

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 221 The Chunin exams return.

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Mugen Train Arc episode 3 In dreams.

Fena: Pirate Princess episode 12 Memories fade.(Complete. I enjoyed the adventurous aspects of the series but found the second half/final act to be a bit less satisfying overall.) 3/5

Irina: The Vampire Cosmonaut
episode 4 On the ice.

Mieruko-chan episode 4 Poaching and pudding.

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation 2nd Season episode 15 Respect.

31 Days of Halloween 2021! Day XXIV: Phantom of the Opera (Film)

Majestic Prince: Genetic Awakening (Film)
A solid film sequel to the original series. 3.5/5

Maken-Ki!
episodes 1-8

Last edited:
Saturday and Sunday.

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom (English Dub) Episode 7

The Seven Deadly Sins: Cursed by Light (English Dub) (Film) A decent film entry for the franchise. 3/5

The Seven Deadly Sins: Dragon's Judgement (English Dub) Episode 7-24 (Complete. A strong final season and a decent conclusion to the series. Putting aside the issues suffered from the change in studio, the anime as a whole from start to finish has been fun to watch and for which I'll be checking out the second film next.) 3.5/5

Fena: Pirate Princess
Episode 12 Forgotten. (Complete. Out of all the Crunchyroll originals I've seen so far, this for me has stood out the most for it's originality and story concept. As an anime overall this has been a satisfactory watch.) 3/5

Irina: The Vampire Cosmonaut Episode 4

Mieruko-chan Episode 4

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation 2nd Season Episode 15

My Senpai is Annoying Episode 3

The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated! Episode 12

RadFemHedonist

Thousand Master
Ronja the Robber's Daughter (rewatch, dubbed, completed) - Excellent series, I'd put it right up there with the best Ghibli movies and I loved the way they did the CGI, was also nice to hear UK actors in the dub (even if the dub OP is still a bit rubbish IMO), funny that I imported from the US to get both language tracks but ended up watching the dub anyway 🤣

Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun (subbed, completed) - the dub wasn't bad for this but I think it's better subbed and I do have a soft spot for Megumi Ogata (she plays Hanako), anyway I loved this and I really hope they make a second season - if they don't I'll try to read the manga.

Victorian Romance Emma Season 1 (dubbed, completed) - Very well dubbed and charming, lovely series, I'm sure I'll enjoy season 2 as well :)

Golden Time (rewatch, dubbed, completed) - Great series, I think this was my third time watching it and I love Banri and Koko, this isn't as highly praised as Toradora (same author) but I'd rate it about the same in overall quality though tbf Toradora has better animation.

The Super Dimension Fortress Macross (ADV uncut dubbed) Episodes 7 to about ep 20 - I really like the ADV dub (it's Edward Elric in space! 🤣:D😛) and am muchly enjoying the series so far, nice to finally get around to watching another 80s classic and I'm grateful that it is fully dubbed as some other 80s shows I wanna watch are sub only (or even raw in the case of, for instance, The Kabocha Wine!) I hope when Funimation release the original Macross on BD, this dub is included (I don't mind if they do a new dub as well but I like this one a lot). I love Minmay's English voice in particular. I hope to watch all of Orguss TV as well at some point (I know that Discotek are doing a BD) :)

Master Keaton (dubbed) Episode 6 - looking forward to watching the rest of this, decent dub and enjoyable episodic storytelling :)

Last edited:

Girls with Guns

Combat Butler
Banished from the Hero's Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside, Eps 1-3. Anime "Food and Drug Administration," lol.
The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat, episode 3. Whoo! Wicked ending!

Anything good out there with a bit shorter title? 🤣

Girls with Guns

Combat Butler
I'm sure there is I just can't think of series that you haven't seen and would like with short titles rn XP

Well, my mother and I need to finish the last three episodes of Fena: Pirate Princess, now that the final episode is out. And we're in the middle of watching The Irregular at Magic High School, too. The two series I listed in my previous post are ones I am watching on my own for now. Nice thing is my mom watches a ton of subtitled Asian movies on Netflix, so like me she prefers watching anime subtitled as well.

RadFemHedonist

Thousand Master
Master Keaton Episodes 7-14 - really glad I decided to finally watch this, the dub took a few eps to warm up as I recall from the first few eps I watched years ago, but I'm thoroughly enjoying the series now, I wonder if anyone will ever release it on BD in the US? :)