Your viewing journal

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S (English Dub) Episode 6

Mother of the Goddess' Dormitory (English Dub) (Uncensored) Episode 5

Drugstore in Another World: The Slow Life of a Cheat Pharmacist Episode 12 Party. (Complete. Comfy SoL medicine making fun with a likeable cast of characters which was both episodic and repetitive when it came to solving others daily dilemmas.) 3/5

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S
Episode 12 Festival and flowers. (Complete. A pleasant continuation and another fun season from this series that picks up from where it left off while also managing to introduce some new cast members. It's really good to see KyoAni back up and running again doing what they do best.) 3.5/5

D1tchd1gger

Flame Haze
Star Wars: Visions
The Dual

Star Wars x Samurai.
A mysterious stranger and his droid wanders into a village just in time to witness a band of bandits raid it.
The action is cool and the mysterious stranger is intriguing with hints of a cool backstory. Maybe it's a bit too short for the plot to be too important, but if someone at Disney said "hey, make a feature film out of this" I would definitely want to see it.
The art is interesting, mostly black and white with colours used for lights and weapons. The director worked on Ninja Batman and it's quite similar in animation, but the black and white means the CG isn't quite as garish as I remember that being.
9/10

Tatooine Rhapsody

Rebel without feet!
A much more comedic episode where a Hutt defies Jabba to become a rockstar instead of joining the family business. Not much to it really being one of the shortest.
This is the Studio Colorido which you can tell from the style which is quite smooth and polished.
7/10

The Twins

Star Wars x Imaishi.
Twins born from the dark side of the force were made for one purpose, but is that their true destiny?
It's Trigger and Imaishi, nothing more needs to be said about the art and animation. The only thing I would say though is that the male twin looks a bit too much like Lio from Promare.
8/10

The Village Bride

Natural allies.
A Jedi finds herself in a village of people at one with nature, but outside forces threaten their way of life.
The story reflects on the nature of the force as being a mixture of Eastern philosophies with the villagers practices being like those of Buddhism and Shintoism. The bad guys are there to stir the Jedi character into action as she seems to have been suffering from some sort of PTSD, but had found peace in the village.
Again art and animation were very good. Music is by Kevin Penkin.
8/10

The Ninth Jedi

The call of the force.
Someone is trying to rebuild the Jedi order and a group of people strong with the force have been gathered together, but are the invites genuine or is it a trap. Meanwhile on the planet below a girl is visiting her fathers work place which is connected to the person who called the meeting.
The action was pretty good and the twist was interesting, but I don't feel it was as good as some of the others so far.
Made by Production I.G. by the director of GitS: SAC, so again art and animation were very good.
7/10

T0-B1

The droid who wanted to be a Jedi.
The droids master is trying to reinvigorate a dead world and discourages him from his dream, until he relents slightly which leads to the droid accidentally alerting the Imperials to their whereabouts. You see the master was a Jedi (you'd never guess from his clothes!). The master is killed off screen, droid continues on his masters work, Sith comes back, bit of a fight, the end. A bit boring this one.
The style is quite reminiscent of older anime, the character design of the main character is very much like Astro Boy. Found it a bit too old school in the movement, too whimsical.
5/10

The Elder

Time waits for no man.
A Jedi and his Padawan investigate a dark presence felt as they pass a nearby planet.
Again not much to this, a bit of Jedi moralising, a short investigation and some action.
The action was pretty good, this being the second Trigger episode, but it wasn't as stylish as Imaishis. The backgrounds were a bit plain.
7/10

Lop & Ochō

A tale of two sisters.
A planet rich with resources has asked the Imperials to help with making technological advances, but it's little more than a take over. A slave girl escapes the Imperials and is taken in by a family on the planet. 7 years later some of the residents have decided it's time for the Imperials to leave. One such resident is the father of the family, which side will the sisters choose?
Some cool action and thought provoking moments. Another one I'd like to see more of as it ends without the conflict between the sisters solved.
From Studio Geno, the art was really nice with some fine line drawing on the character designs and detailed backgrounds. The animation was good too.
8/10

Akakiri

Temptation.
A Jedi arrives to help an old acquaintance who needs help ridding her planet of a Sith.
The story, written by the same person who did T0-B1, wasn't that compelling again apart from the fairly twisty ending, but it was also cliffhanger-y and didn't really explore it any further. The 2 leads were supposed to be in love according to the blurb on the episode, but it was never really established!
This being the second Science Saru episode had more of a Yuasa feel design wise, although directed by Eun-Yeong Choi. The character designer was the same as Eizouken.
6/10

Overall started strong, but tailed off a little apart from the penultimate episode. I watched the English dub and looking at the credits there were some big names including Lucy Liu, David Harbour, George Takei, Neil Patrick Harris and Allison Brie.
Would definitely like to see more of a few of these stories, but others were too short or not interesting enough to get into.
65/90 = c.7/10

NormanicGrav

ヽ(⌐■_■)ノ♪♬
AUKN Staff
Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S (Japanese audio) - Episodes 11-12 (Completed)
TSUKIMICHI -Moonlit Fantasy- (Japanese audio) - Episodes 9-12 (Completed)

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Drug Store in Another World - The Slow Life of a Cheat Pharmacist episode 12 Centre of attention. (Complete. Though initially a bit dull this series managed to have some charm but overall didn’t entertain as much as other anime of its genre have for me.) 3/5

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S
episode 12 Festival and fall. (Complete. A nice second season which introduced new characters and provided more of what made the series enjoyable before. Still not keen on one or two of said characters but otherwise a good watch.) 4/5

NIGHT HEAD 2041
episode 11 Overlap.

The Heike Story episode 2 Visions of fate.

TSUKIMICHI -Moonlit Fantasy- episode 12 Trump cards. (Complete. I wasn’t sure what to expect with this series but was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it overall. I look forward to the second season.) 3.5/5

Kyo Kara Maoh! 3rd Season
episodes 14-26

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Higurashi: When they Cry - Sotsu episode 14 Clash.

The Aquatope on White Sand episode 12 Hello Goodbye.

Kyo Kara Maoh! 3rd Season episodes 27-39 (Complete. A solid third season for an enjoyable series.) 3.5/5

Last edited:

NormanicGrav

ヽ(⌐■_■)ノ♪♬
AUKN Staff
The Dungeon of Black Company (Japanese audio) - Episodes 9-12 (Completed)
I'm Standing on a Million Lives Season 2 (Japanese audio) - Episodes 10-12 (Completed)

World Witches Series: World Witches Take Off! (English Dub) Episode 7

Zombieland Saga Revenge (English Dub) Episode 7

Blue Reflection Ray Episode 24 (Complete)

I'm Standing on a Million Lives 2nd Season Episode 24 (Complete)

The Aquatope on White Sand Episode 12

The Dungeon of Black Company Episode 12 (Complete)

TSUKIMICHI -Moonlit Fantasy- Episode 1-12 (Complete)

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Blue Reflection Ray episode 24 (Complete. My overall thoughts on this are mixed though I did stick with series to the end.) 3/5

The Dungeon of Black Company
episode 12 Suited. (Complete. Another enjoyable comedy outing for the season.) 3.5/5

Lupin III: Part II
episodes 80-100

Last edited:

WMD

Cardcaptor
Star Wars Visions
Really enjoyed these. The only one I wasnt super into was TO-B1. Seeing how varied and yet amazing anime could be in this condensed format was really cool. Really hope they do more and that we can get longer epsiodes. I could watch this sort of Star Wars all day long!

Toilet-Bound Hanako-Kun
Loved this. The art, the animation, the humour were all great. The dub was fantastic. Would've made a fun Halloween simulwatch actually.

NormanicGrav

ヽ(⌐■_■)ノ♪♬
AUKN Staff
How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom (Japanese audio) - Episodes 9-13 (Completed)
My Hero Academia Season 5 (Japanese audio) - Episode 25 (Completed)

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom episode 13 Out on the town. (Complete. A fantasy series with an interesting premise which made a decent watch overall - I’ll be watching the second part when it comes out next year.) 3.5/5

Kajeki Shojo!!
episode 13 Cast. (Complete. A solid drama which gave its characters time to develop, and I hope it’ll eventually get a second season.) 3.5/5

Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story Season 2 - The Eve of Awakening
episode 8 (Complete. Not quite the end of the story and I’m interested to see how it concludes.) 3.5/5

My Hero Academia Fifth Season
episode 113 (Complete. I found the first half of the season to be less engaging than the latter villain-focused arc, though am looking forward to seeing how the next story arcs are handled.) 3.5/5

Remake Our Life!
episode 12 Going back. (Complete. Time-travel series’ can be a mixed bag but I overall liked this anime for what it offered.) 3.5/5

The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated!
episode 8 Speech.

The Honor at Magic High School episode 13 Wings. (Complete. Though I did enjoy some elements of the series I personally didn’t find that it offered too much to the overall franchise.) 3/5

Lupin III: Part II
episodes 101-124

Last edited:

NormanicGrav

ヽ(⌐■_■)ノ♪♬
AUKN Staff
2021-09-26_54.png

The Duke of Death and His Maid (Japanese audio) - Episodes 10-12 (Completed)
To Your Eternity (Japanese audio) - Episodes 13-20 (Completed)
Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun Season 2 (Japanese audio) - Episodes 14-21 (Completed)

With the exception of Higurashi SOTSU, I have finished watching the other 11 shows from the simulcast backlog. My overall ratings below:
  • The Duke of Death and His Maid - 7/10
  • The Dungeon of Black Company - 8/10
  • How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom - 8/10
  • I'm Standing on a Million Lives Season 2 - 5/10
  • Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S - 8/10
  • My Hero Academia Season 5 - 6/10
  • My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! X - 7/10
  • That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 2 Part 2 - 7/10
  • To Your Eternity - 9/10
  • TSUKIMICHI -Moonlit Fantasy- - 8/10
  • Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun Season 2 - 9/10

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 217 Standing firm.

Fena: Pirate Princess episode 8 Promise.

Lupin III: Part II episodes 125-143

D1tchd1gger

Flame Haze
The Dungeon of Black Company ep 12 (complete)
Emergency plan.
A fun comedy poking fun at the Japanese work culture. Whilst very funny in places, the plot got a little confusing at times due to the subject matter it was riffing off and in general.
Art was pretty good with plenty of varied character designs.
7/10

Kageki Shoujo!!
ep 13 (complete)
Moe!
The ending was a bit down beat compared to what it could have been. They'd just finished auditioning for a play and seeing that would have been great (maybe in an OVA), but it still felt somewhat satisfying with the whole class performing their first official duty for the troupe. For such a large cast you got to know a bit about a lot of them and they were all distinguishable, although I still struggle with names beyond the main 2, their look and characteristics were different (apart from the twins looks wise obviously) enough to make them stand out from one another. Talking of the 2 MCs you couldn't find more contrasting personalities if you tried, but they had a good chemistry and helped one another grow. The interactions with the various secondary and even tertiary characters we interesting as well.
The character art was really nice, loved the eyes especially Sarasa's when they got all starry. The backgrounds were serviceable, but apart from a couple of trips outside of the academy grounds there wasn't much to work with. The animation was pretty good too.
Hope for more in animated form, but in the meantime I've started collecting the manga.
9/10

My Hero Academia Season 5 (English Dub) Episode 23

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun 2nd Season (English Dub) Episode 39

EDENS ZERO Episode 24 Leaper.

Fena: Pirate Princess Episode 8 Oath.

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom Episode 13 Gifts. (Complete. A fantasy series that has an intriguing premise which made for some pleasant viewing. I'll definitely be watching season 2 when it eventually airs next year.) 3.5/5

Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 9 Choosing a name.

Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka☆Magica Side Story Season 2 - The Eve of Awakening Episode 8 (Complete. With the conclusion approaching, I’m curious to see how everything will be wrapped up.) 3.5/5

My Hero Academia Season 5
Episode 25 Next step. (Complete. This was a season of two half's with a weaker first and stronger latter but overall still just as enjoyable. I'll be looking forward to the next arc's in season 6.) 3.5/5

Remake Our Life! Episode 12 Return. (Complete. Another time-travel series that was also a mixed bag with what it brought to the table and presented. I personally enjoyed what I saw of it.) 3.5/5

The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated! Episode 8 Presentational speech.

D1tchd1gger

Flame Haze
Remake Our Lives eps 11 & 12
Decisive and r-r-rewind.
I'm not sure how I feel about the ending, he screwed everyone's life by accident, but they weren't to know and by going back he erased the existence of his cute little girl. Although I think Kagasegawa would be my pick as best girl rather than who he married in the future part of the story, so maybe not so bad (if that's who he ends up with). It also spoils the "be careful what you wish for" aspect as he gets another chance of correcting his initial over corrections.
Art and animation were pretty good, nothing too spectacular or bad.
7/10

The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated
eps 7 & 8
Training montage and a new friend & Speach, bath and party.

Villainess s2 e12 (complete)
Graduation.
Definitely a drop from the first season. The main plot of the first got resolved, and this mostly felt like an afterthought. There was no plot apart from here's everyone living out their second year at the academy. There were mini plots within, but some were repeated, although they did introduce some new characters. And then right at the end they introduce a second game setting up new death flags to be avoided which seems like it should have been the second season, leaving this one feeling a bit like filler.
The art and animation weren't really the selling point of the first season and there wasn't much of a change here.
Gave the first an 8, but:
6/10

1m Lives
s2 eps 11 & 12 (complete)
Big reveal!
I felt this season was an improvement on the first if only for some of the interesting plot points they introduced like the aging of the other world between missions and the question of whether they were actually the bad guys. Not much was actually done with these, but they were interesting nonetheless. The one thing I was really impressed with was the reveal at the end, I didn't see it coming, but it made sense once explained.
The art and animation, just like Villainess, didn't improve at all though.
Gave the first a 6/10, so:
7/10

Fena: Pirate Princess
ep 7
Bringing out the big guns.