Your viewing journal

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Life Lessons with Uramichi Oniisan episode 11 Wind your neck in.

Love Live! Superstar!! episode 7 Student Council.

Kokoro Connect episodes 9-13 & OVAs (Complete. Whilst the heartseed happenings felt overused and undercooked at times the characters and their interactions were mostly solid enough for story purposes, though I wasn’t as engaged with the OVA storytelling.) 3.5/5

KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on This Wonderful World! (Rewatch)
episodes 1-3

Last edited:

NormanicGrav

ヽ(⌐■_■)ノ♪♬
AUKN Staff
I'm Standing on a Million Lives Season 2 (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-9 (13-21)

Despite it's terrible production quality, this series is actually pretty good in terms of storytelling and character development of the main protagonist, at least for the first half's story arc which was based on the manga. The second half on paper sounds interesting but there's a lot of stupid decisions throughout, and after looking into it, it turns out that this arc is adapting a 'what if' scenario from a recent light novel.

Other than that, the way the isekai element works in this series I give props for because it's also heart-breaking (for those don't plan to watch it and am curious, basically the isekai world is on a time limit in which they have to finish a quest in order to be sent back to their own world otherwise they die. Each time the quest is completed, they return to their world but will eventually be forced to go back at some point though a new team member will join them - however by the time they are summoned back into the isekai world, time has passed at a rapid rate so anyone they've met in the isekai world before would have aged which makes for some depressing moments).

So yeah, the first half is like a solid 8/10 while the second half is an average 5/10.

D1tchd1gger

Flame Haze
Night World eps 1-3 (ONA)
A series of 3 shorts about dealing with sad/dark thoughts about challenges in life, featuring songs by Aimer.
The first is about the first experience by a child of death, the second about the possibility of losing a friend in high school, and the third about finding direction in adulthood.

Handa-kun ep 1

The Duke of Death and His Maid ep 11
Clue.

The Case Study of Vanitas ep 11
Date. The flip between the fun bits and the serious stuff is still on the jarring side, especially compared to other shows that have done it, I think in this case the fun stuff is wacky/slapstick/silly and the serious stuff goes quite dark where as in other shows there isn't as wider gap between the 2.

The Dungeon of Black Company ep 10
Ill.

Kageki Shoujo!! ep 11
Auditions.

NormanicGrav

ヽ(⌐■_■)ノ♪♬
AUKN Staff
E_RVRQfWQA0RuUn

My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! X (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-4

Bakarina is back and she's just as great as before.

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime 2nd Season 2nd Part episode 47 Faith.

The Idaten Deities Know Only Peace episode 9 Subterranean.

KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on This Wonderful World! (Rewatch) episodes 4-10 & OVA (Complete. Still as fun as it was on my first viewing and a series that rarely takes itself seriously with its humorously selfish cast.) 4/5

KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on This Wonderful World! 2 (Rewatch)
episodes 1-4

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime 2nd Season (English Dub) Episode 39

Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 7 Seitokai.

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 47 Belief.

NormanicGrav

ヽ(⌐■_■)ノ♪♬
AUKN Staff
2021-09-15_68.png

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-4

Another isekai, but much like Dungeon of Black Company this was a series that I also own the first few volumes of the source material but not yet read lol. That being said, I am very much enjoying this series and I'm hoping it's adapting the light novels well as it could have potential to get multiple seasons if done right. The artstyle is the only issue I have as it's not the same as the novels but the production is done well enough with those rather intriguing camera work and pace.

SPOILER_2021-09-15_25.png

2021-09-15_26.png

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Drug Store in Another World - The Slow Life of a Cheat Pharmacist episode 11 Pass and protection.

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S episode 11 Journey.

NIGHT HEAD 2041 episode 10 Serious.

TSUKIMICHI -Moonlit Fantasy- episode 11 Troubled.

KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on This Wonderful World! 2 (Rewatch) episodes 5-10 & OVA (Complete. A fun second season though I do slightly prefer the first overall.) 4/5

KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on This Wonderful World! - Legend of Crimson (Film)
An enjoyable film outing for the cast which gave some backstory and development for Megumin as well. 4/5

NormanicGrav

ヽ(⌐■_■)ノ♪♬
AUKN Staff
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 2 (Japanese audio) - Episodes 13-19 (37-43)

Slime returns to the main series with its second half of Season 2. This cour is an interesting gamble because as much as I like the conversations that go on throughout this Isekai series, half of this cour is literally just sitting down and talking for what could have been sorted in a few episodes. In other words, it overstays its welcome by bad pacing.

My guess with the pacing issues is down to (according to various users) the anime adaptation following the manga adaptation rather than the light novels.

How Not to Summon a Demon Lord Ω (English Dub) Episode 9

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S (English Dub) Episode 5

Mother of the Goddess' Dormitory (English Dub) (Uncensored) Episode 4

Drugstore in Another World: The Slow Life of a Cheat Pharmacist Episode 11

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S Episode 11

Mother of the Goddess' Dormitory (Uncensored) Episode 10 (Complete)

Peach Boy Riverside Episode 12 (Complete)

The Aquatope on White Sand Episode 11

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Higurashi: When they Cry - Sotsu episode 13 Forever young?

Peach Boy Riverside episode 12 Belong. (Complete. Though a decent fantasy series telling the story out of order was my biggest problem overall with the anime, and it sadly hasn’t given me the incentive to rewatch chronologically.) 3/5

The Aquatope on White Sand
episode 11 Typhoon

The Heike Story episode 1 Wandering souls.

Kuroko no Basket episodes 1-13

Girls with Guns

Dragon Knight
Been trying out an assortment of streaming anime over the last few days, while recuperating from surgery:

The Aquatope on White Sand eps 1-7

To Your Eternity eps 1-3

Remake Our Life! episode 1

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt The Kingdom eps 1-4

...and even some on the ecchi side, lol:

Nozo x Kimi 1-3 (complete)

Peter Grill And The Philosopher's Time eps 1-12 (10 minute episodes)

NormanicGrav

ヽ(⌐■_■)ノ♪♬
AUKN Staff
Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-5

More entertaining fun from KyoAni and Ilulu is a great addition to the cast.

SeasonAnimeEpisodes WatchedEpisode LengthNotes
SpringMy Hero Academia Season 5
19​
25​
SpringTo Your Eternity
5​
20​
Finished Airing
SpringWelcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun Season 2
8​
21​
Finished Airing
SummerDuke of Death and His Maid, The
7​
12​
SummerDungeon of Black Company, The
8​
12​
SummerHigurashi: When They Cry SOTSU
6​
15​
SummerHow a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom
4​
13​
SummerI'm Standing on a Million Lives Season 2
9​
12​
SummerMiss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S
5​
12​
SummerMy Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! X
4​
12​
Finished Airing
SummerThat Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 2 Part 2
7​
12​
SummerTSUKIMICHI -Moonlit Fantasy-
8​
12​

BlazinWolf

Student Council President
Peach Boy Riverside(Complete) - episode 12 Interesting fantasy series but found it hard to follow and less engaging due to the non chronological order and don’t have the urge to watch it again.Gonna try the Manga though. Overall 6/10

Higurashi When They Cry Sotsu-
episode 13

The Case Study Of Vanitas(Complete)- episode 12 Absolutely stunning to watch looking forward to how BONES adapts the next part of the Manga.Looking forward to the next cour. Overall 9/10

Infinite Ryvius(Madman DVD release,Sub)-
episodes 1-4 Stranded.

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Blue Reflection Ray episode 23 Final stretch?

HameFura, My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! episode 12 Graduation. (Complete. Another fun season, am looking forward to the eventual movie.) 3.5/5

The Case Study of Vanitas
episode 12 Eyes opened. (Complete. Pretty enjoyable, looking forward to the second season when it airs next January.) 3.5/5

The Dungeon of Black Company
episode 11 Blush.

Kuroko no Basket episodes 13-25 (Complete. Though perhaps a bit predictable in terms of story beats the execution and music especially helped the series to be a solid sports anime, for which I’ll be delving into the other seasons.) 3.5/5

Kuroko no Basket 2nd Season
episodes 26-30

World Witches Series: World Witches Take Off! (English Dub) Episode 5-6

Blue Reflection Ray Episode 23 last hurrah.

Girlfriend, Girlfriend Episode 12 Pursue. (Complete. As an anime as a whole, this is certainly one I won't be rewatching anytime soon.) 2/5

I'm Standing on a Million Lives 2nd Season
Episode 23 Climb and dive.

My Next Life As a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! X Episode 12 Graduation. (Complete. A decent continuation and another fun outing from this series. I'll definitely be checking out the film.) 3.5/5

The Dungeon of Black Company Episode 11 Booming.