Your viewing journal

WMD

Combat Butler
While Crunchyroll has licensed the series they're not actually on the production committee and don't have a say in whether it gets a third season.
Oh really. For some reason I thought they did directly fund production of some shows.

They have started their own studio so they are certainly getting more involved in that sort of thing.

ActionFaust

Dragon Knight
Oh really. For some reason I thought they did directly fund production of some shows.

They have started their own studio so they are certainly getting more involved in that sort of thing.
They do directly fund some series as part of the production committee such as Laid-Back Camp, A Place Further than the Universe, The Rising of the Shield Hero as well as any show under the Crunchyroll Originals brand.

WMD

Combat Butler
They do directly fund some series as part of the production committee such as Laid-Back Camp, A Place Further than the Universe, The Rising of the Shield Hero as well as any show under the Crunchyroll Originals brand.
Is konosuba not one of those? I thought it was.

Vincentdante

Dragon Knight
Welp prospects for a season 3 suddenly took a nose dive if the director moved on to greener pastures.

I'm not really interested in picking up light novels, the only Anime to get me that far was Made in Abyss.

Kite

Thousand Master
Devil Survivor 2
Episodes 1 - 13 (over the last couple days)

Interesting series with some nice fight scenes.

Next up will probably be some older titles as I've resorted my backlog to bring forward some older releases (with the newer ones going to the back of the pile)

Last edited:

NormanicGrav

The Quintessential Pouts
AUKN Staff
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? III (Japanese audio) - Episodes 3-4
Our Last Crusade or the Rise of a New World (Japanese audio) - Episodes 3-4

Ghost in the Shell SAC 2nd GIG eps 1-5 (sub)
In the lead up to Cyberpunk 2077 I thought I'd get back to my GitS rewatch (first time with subs).
Ep 1 - There it is, Majors mandatory leap from a building cloaking as she falls!
Ep 2 - Paranoid delusion.
Ep 3 - Heist!
Ep 4 & 5 continues the Individual Eleven storyline.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG - Tachikomatic Days eps 1-5

ActionFaust

Dragon Knight
AKB0048 episode 13 (End)
Despite a couple of questionable episodes this is a fun series with big Macross energy. Love how extra Kawamori's shows are.

Laid-Back Camp [Rewatch] episode 9

SeriesFormatStatus
Grimoire of Zero12 episode seriesWatched
Show By Rock!!12 episode seriesWatched
AKB004813 episode seriesWatched
Hidamari Sketch x Hoshimittsu12 episode seriesPlanned
Hidamari Sketch x Hoshimittsu Specials2 episode specialPlanned
Humanity Has Declined12 episode seriesPlanned
A Certain Scientific Railgun25 episode seriesPlanned
Gatchaman Crowds Insight12 episode seriesPlanned
Gatchaman Crowds Insight: Inbound1 episode specialPlanned
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R225 episode seriesPlanned

Last edited:

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Adachi and Shimamura episode 9 Understatement.

Akudama Drive episode 9 Run like hell.

Higurashi: When They Cry - NEW episode 10 Abuse.

Naruto (Rewatch) episodes 85-96

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG eps 6-10
It seems most of the episodes, even those labelled as separate from the overall plot, have relevance to the overall plot making it a lot harder to keep track of it all. The OVA obviously had to cut a load out and made a lot more sense. I found it the other way around with season 1/Laughing Man, the extra bits cut from the show made the overall plot clearer in the series than in the OVA.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG - Tachikomatic Days eps 6-10

NormanicGrav

The Quintessential Pouts
AUKN Staff
Moriarty the Patriot (Japanese audio) - Episodes 3-4
Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle (Japanese audio) - Episodes 3-4

Simulcast Day/TimesAnimeCurrent Watch count
Mondays 4:00pmGolden Kamuy Season 34 / 12
Mondays 6:00pmSleepy Princess in the Demon Castle4 / 12
Wednesdays 2:30pmOur Last Crusade or the Rise of a New World4 / 12
Thursdays 3:30pmHigurashi: When They Cry Gou4 / 24 (on-going into Winter 2021)
Fridays 3:00pmI'm Standing on a Million Lives5 / 12
Fridays 4:30pmIs It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? III4 / 12
Sundays 1:30pmTalentless Nana5 / 13
Sundays 2:00pmMoriarty the Patriot4 / 24 (second-cour airing Spring 2021)

Professor Irony

CYBER FUNKER
Shirobako ep16-17

I don't know what Japanese employment laws are like, but I have a tough time understanding why Hiroaki still has a job at this stage. He doesn't turn up for meetings and his attitude stinks - short of serious nepotism, I feel like he'd have been out on his ass long ago.

That aside, it also caught my attention that the original Japanese for 'Girlmada', in the translated title of the series Musani is producing, sounds like 'Shoujo Tai', also the name of an '80s Jpop group. Just made me wonder if it would literally translate as something like "Girls' Army".

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG eps 6-10
It seems most of the episodes, even those labelled as separate from the overall plot, have relevance to the overall plot making it a lot harder to keep track of it all.

Yeah, I remember that being quite a noticeable change compared to the first series - it made me wonder if they had been criticised for making the self-contained episodes too disparate from the main thrust of the show.