Your viewing journal

Kaguya-Sama: Love Is War Season 2 (DUB) Episode 1
This season was pretty great as it was so I was curious around its upcoming dub. Really liked basically all the casting and direction choices but i'm sure Ian Sinclair as the Narrator and particularly his direction will be controversial with purists as it seems very different to me (Still very funny however). Surprised by some casting initially but it seems all worked out so far.

DanMachi: Sword Oratoria eps 1-3
As this runs parallel with the first season the main events are the same, but from a different perspective. Away from those events it's a bit of SOL show concentrated on 4 of the girls from the Loki Familia.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 158 Meet-up with a mediator.

Monster Girl Doctor episode 3 Losing some limbs and unexpected news.

Handa-Kun episodes 7-12 (Complete. First episode aside this was a fairly humorous romp, though admittedly the concept itself lent to a sense of repetition but as each episode is split into segments it didn’t outstay its welcome overall.) 3/5

HaruChika: Haruta & Chika
episodes 1-12 (Complete. A school-based detective series that takes on an episodic approach as the core duo recruit new members to join their brass band club. The mysteries, characters, and their backstories weren’t all that special but the overall vibe of the series made it a decent watch.) 3/5

Last edited:
Fruits Basket 2nd Season episode 42 Souvenirs.

The God of High School episode 4 It’s a nice day to...

Hataraki Man episodes 1-11 (Complete. The SDBD is a stuttery and sometimes jagged affair but the series itself was pretty good and focused on it’s workaholic lead trying to make their way up as a magazine writer. The story was fairly effective in showing the determination and struggles of the workers here which added to the overall proceedings.) 3.5/5

Heaven’s Memo Pad
episodes 1-3

DanMachi: Sword Oratoria eps 4-6
There's definitely higher stakes here than the first season, as we're dealing with higher level characters and also getting a little more info on what was lurking behind the scenes.
One thing that's puzzling is that the village on the 18th floor is destroyed in these episodes, but Bell then reaches a little later it's fine!

The God of High School ep 4
That escalated quickly.

Fruits Basket s2 e17
(Not) Alone in Kyoto.

Just finished Sound Euphonium-The Movie and the tie in Liz And The Blue Bird movie-I had my doubts about watching anime concerning high school band competition but both were very good. No-I haven't watched the tv series yet. The dubs for both features were excellent.

DanMachi: Sword Oratoria eps 7-9
Starting to get some backstory for Eis now. This has been a lot better than the main series, mainly because you don't get "Bell-kun" or "Kami-sama" repeated constantly!
Hopefully it sticks the landing.

Black Clover episode 136 One with the water.

Diary of our Days at the Breakwater episode 4 Happy to see this wholesome fishing anime return.

Goblin Slayer: Goblin’s Crown (Film) The first 25 minutes of this was a recap of the series but the remaining new story was a fairly standard GS affair as the adventurers take on snowy terrains to slaughter some no-good goblins and with a new addition in tow. It was a decent addition to the series overall. 3.5/5

Muhyo & Roji’s Bureau of Supernatural Investigation 2nd Season
episode 16 An unlikely enforcer.

UMAYON episode 4 Opera.

Heaven’s Memo Pad episodes 4-12 (Complete. A series that focused on NEET investigation antics with peculiar characters and methods. Some episodes were more lighthearted whilst others dealt with serious themes like prostitution and drug peddling. It was a good series though some arcs felt stronger than others.) 3.5/5

Heavy Object
episodes 1-4

Last edited:
Doraemon - Nobita's Dinosaur (Blu-ray)

Watched ahead of a review on the next episode of the podcast.

Japan Sinks 2020 - Episodes 2 - 7

I'm finding this interesting, I quite like the way the show tries to keep this optimistic tone going for our plucky survivors while undermining it with glimpses of the actual horror of the situation around everyone.

Cosmic Devil Daikengo - Episode 21 & 22

Back